What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
I know very little about Jack Burrows, I do know he has never played for the Dragons or the Steelers.

Not much of a rumour, but I read Fifita is on the outer at Titans.
Interestingly he has just changed managers to Illawarra based David Riolos Titan Management.
Even the Dragons guys on facebook aren't getting sucked in by the Burrows story. Like George they haven't heard of him. One scribe put it in perspective below that we are not exactly ignoring our future forward recruitment.

List of 18 to 20yo junior forwards we have signed to the club.
Coric
Shereb
Ryan and Toby Couchman
This Years Steelers SG Ball player of the year Jacob Webster
This year Steelers Matts player of the year Daniel Meafou
This year Dragons SG player of the year Nick Tsougranis
This years Dragons Matts player of the year Corey Ackers.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Even the Dragons guys on facebook aren't getting sucked in by the Burrows story. Like George they haven't heard of him. One scribe put it in perspective below that we are not exactly ignoring our future forward recruitment.

List of 18 to 20yo junior forwards we have signed to the club.
Coric
Shereb
Ryan and Toby Couchman
This Years Steelers SG Ball player of the year Jacob Webster
This year Steelers Matts player of the year Daniel Meafou
This year Dragons SG player of the year Nick Tsougranis
This years Dragons Matts player of the year Corey Ackers.
Good post glad to see someone with sense

jak

Bench
Robbo has a short memory they have had the rub of the green for years
that was my point mate,but will we hear anymore about it if hook said the same thing the only thing left to do is decide how much the fine should be.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
I swear we never replaced Frizzell, let’s use that 750K Frizzell money, Woods 200K and Burgess 150K to offer D. Fafita 1.1 MIL
Has the ability of a million dollar player but He’s yet to prove consistently he’s worth that much.

Having said that I’ll happily take him.😁

Trifili13

Juniors
While Robbo is correct that the Roosters got some dud calls, the problem is most people will say the Roosters and other top teams have had the rub of the green for long enough". What I would like to see from a high profile coach like Robbo is when his team wins and the opposition gets dudded, for him to say the quality of refereeing that game was poor and the opposition should have won if they got the calls. That would garner more respect from me and I suspect from other supporters as well. Not, "it evens out over the season" or "we got bad calls last week and good ones this week".

While refs make bad calls in other sports like soccer and AFL, these 6 agains, allowing some teams to lay on players longer, continuously being offside, create too much momentum which can "gas" a team defensively and game can be over well before half time. I know a wrong penalty decision can win a game in soccer, especially if awarded late in a game, but IMO refs don't influence the outcome as much as their decisions in league do. Giving or not giving penalties in league at crucial times can influence the outcome more

Yow

Juniors
Say what you want about Robbo - but he is a good coach and excellent public speaker who gets respect from his players. He was also right, they got ripped off with the ref calls.
Just watched a replay Roosters Raiders g/f wonder what Robbo call on decisions that night Anzac Day this year hip drop Ravs head nearly gets taken off not much to see here . A few years back on a Anzac Day said we laid down Tarne Milne missed 3 weeks because of concussion , must of missed that apology.He is a good coach but always had the cattle but he is a spin doctor but that just my opinion

SGMax

Juniors
Just watched a replay Roosters Raiders g/f wonder what Robbo call on decisions that night Anzac Day this year hip drop Ravs head nearly gets taken off not much to see here . A few years back on a Anzac Day said we laid down Tarne Milne missed 3 weeks because of concussion , must of missed that apology.He is a good coach but always had the cattle but he is a spin doctor but that just my opinion
Yes, spot on.
Not sure if its the same thing cos he whinges every Anzac game, but it was Aitken accused of faking head contact and he complained about how he doesnt coach his players that way.
He didn't mention the fair try by Creagh that the ref ignored completely.
That was 2015 the game with that huge hail storm that we won anyway.

Yow

Juniors
To everyone out there yow comes up You but i dont agree with everyone post enjoy reading most post but lets go the MIGHTIES