What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: 2022 Non Parra games - Buy a beanie for cancer rd

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What happened to your quoting?

I’d argue chasing the collision prioritises heavy first up contact, which is likely to result in a reduced tackle efficiency (ie. more missed tackles).
You can argue that, but I'll respectfully suggest you have no basis on which to do so.

Martina said he wanted to see the boys put their body in front of the opposition. That is chasing the collision or as they say in Melbourne "finding the impact".

Gazzamatta

Coach
Robinson once again trying to influence future results. His intimidation is a blight on our game. I wouldnt want this "jerk store" anywhere near our club.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I thought they were a bit flat last night, and bombed some tries that first half.
Yeah they weren't at their best, but even then they are an excellent team. Roosters were up for that last night and they did get slightly analed by Sutton. I'm not sad to see them in such a dire position though.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah they weren't at their best, but even then they are an excellent team. Roosters were up for that last night and they did get slightly analed by Sutton.
A few calls went against them while a few went their way, Poopanua should of been binned and they got a try off a lost ball. Mumps face always has a whinge when they looooose! f**k him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
You can argue that, but I'll respectfully suggest you have no basis on which to do so.

Martina said he wanted to see the boys put their body in front of the opposition. That is chasing the collision or as they say in Melbourne "finding the impact".
I’m not going to lie, I didn’t watch the presser. I’ll agree that finding the impact is the same (if that’s what he said), but putting bodies in front of the opposition, not so much. That’s just a focus on making effective tackles, rather than dominant ones.

Edit: I just watched it and he didn’t mention anything about impact. Respectfully, I think you have even less basis to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’m not going to lie, I didn’t watch the presser. I’ll agree that finding the impact is the same (if that’s what he said), but putting bodies in front of the opposition, not so much. That’s just a focus on making effective tackles, rather than dominant ones.

Edit: I just watched it and he didn’t mention anything about impact. Respectfully, I think you have even less basis to suggest otherwise.
Thats hilarious that you went looking for "finding the impact" you muppet...I was taking the piss.

Anyway, how do you deduce that "chasing the collision" means make big f**ken heavy dominant motherf**ker tackles like a mad merkin? Is it the word "collision"...or is it "chasing"...or is it "the".

You are guessing and its not even a good guess.

P.S. Martina actually said "Behold the Brunt". Go back and look again.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
“Putting a body in front and tackling someone” is quite different to “chasing the collision”
How do you get yourself in front of someone without searching or chasing them?

How do you tackle someone without their being a collision or an encounter of some description?

Maybe Martina is a better coach because he has spelt it out for the deadshits amongst us?

Maybe BA should go with "Edge towards the encounter" so we do the whole tackling thing better?

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Actually, that wont work because if someone gets around us it will be because they weren't told to go fast enough!

Happy MEel

First Grade
Thats hilarious that you went looking for "finding the impact" you muppet...I was taking the piss.

Anyway, how do you deduce that "chasing the collision" means make big f**ken heavy dominant motherf**ker tackles like a mad merkin? Is it the word "collision"...or is it "chasing"...or is it "the".

You are guessing and its not even a good guess.

P.S. Martina actually said "Behold the Brunt". Go back and look again.
It’s the word “collision” you muppet. As in,

3B887E54-81F8-4462-94BA-6D036BEE6C83.jpeg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Think of it in terms of cars. If one ran into the other you’d happily call it a crash or a collision or would you insist on the same qualifiers?

Latest posts