What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Iamback

Coach
My best friend who is in real estate in Penrith was discussing this subject today after golf. According to him a large developer has offered approximately a $100 million to buy the pace way site but it is only viable for them if they can build a certain amount of residential apartments and commercial premises. The issue, which is well known is traffic flow around the precinct, primary Station Street, which would have to be re-zoned and be two or three lanes in one direction. Don’t know which direction. The suggestion it be bought by Panthers and or State Government remains an unconfirmed rumour of an amount significantly less. $60 million was the figure suggested in the media. I think the most likely outcome is we will be relocating to Comm bank Stadium for two seasons and the new stadium will be built on the existing stadium site. Either way a decision will have to be finalised soon in order for the new stadium to be built and completed by season 2025.

That is it. They are meant to start building in a few months...To not even know the site is poor planning but that is the government for you

Iamback

Coach
I assume it is reasonable to expect Panthers would have to offer an incentive for members to buy season tickets if they have to relocate to Comm Bank for two seasons. At the very least first offer on seats available at the new stadium.

In my group of 20. If we play at CommBank all are out except for a handful of us on the assumption we get to keep our seats at the new stadium.

Sponsors too are going to be hit and miss if it is suitable to move

Kilkenny

Coach
That is it. They are meant to start building in a few months...To not even know the site is poor planning but that is the government for you
I think there is significant and complex issues involved in there defence.

The biggest concern may be a change in Government at the next state election could alter the whole landscape altogether If the the development is not set in concrete so to speak. It is not until March next year so one would hope it will be well and truly sorted by then and not able to be reversed.

Kilkenny

Coach
In my group of 20. If we play at CommBank all are out except for a handful of us on the assumption we get to keep our seats at the new stadium.

Sponsors too are going to be hit and miss if it is suitable to move
We will definitely keep our 10 memberships/ season tickets on the proviso we get priority once the new stadium is built.

I don’t think there will be an issue with the corporate boxes, they will be falling over themselves to get boxes at the new stadium.

Iamback

Coach
I think there is significant and complex issues involved in there defence.

The biggest concern may be a change in Government at the next state election could alter the whole landscape altogether If the the development is not set in concrete so to speak. It is not until March next year so one would hope it will be well and truly sorted by then and not able to be reversed.

The Paceway deal was never going to be done in time.

Just get on with knocking the current ground down

Iamback

Coach
We will definitely keep our 10 memberships/ season tickets on the proviso we get priority once the new stadium is built.

I don’t think there will be an issue with the corporate boxes, they will be falling over themselves to get boxes at the new stadium.

Lack of weekend games is the issue. lack of parking makes going straight from work and issue also adds time going home. I get their reasoning.

See above. Price will go up to take potential clients/Business partners further. Take the Electrical place who has a corporate box. Based in Emu Plains now have to go to Parramatta.

Sure facilities are better but you lose the local feel. I guess we will know more when stuff is finalised

Kilkenny

Coach
Just telling you what I heard. It was also mentioned Penrith pools would be impacted. Not sure why you think it needs to go to court, money talks - Paceway are likely just upping their asking price.

The question really is which site gives the best outcome for a stadium for the next 50 years - existing, Paceway or other. 20 games or so in 2023 & 2024 are irrelevant in the stadium decision.

Need a location where you can get 30k+ vs Eels. Rules out country grounds, maybe a game to take to Perth or somewhere? Club is also just as likely to do a deal with the NRL - if we have to play our Eels home game at Parra during 2023/2024, then we want reciprocal at Penrith once the new stadium opens.
You are 100% correct the pools complex is an issue In order for road widening and thoroughfare access.

The whole scenario either way is complex and if council don’t come on board it could end up in the Land and Environment Court and once things end up in court for decisions who knows what could eventuate.

I think the Paceway in some respects is a pawn in the whole process, I’m not sure how much power or bargaining power they have in the whole scheme of things. Given there financials and trading situation there probably very keen to get the situation sorted.

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors
I
You are 100% correct the pools complex is an issue In order for road widening and thoroughfare access.

The whole scenario either way is complex and if council don’t come on board it could end up in the Land and Environment Court and once things end up in court for decisions who knows what could eventuate.

I think the Paceway in some respects is a pawn in the whole process, I’m not sure how much power or bargaining power they have in the whole scheme of things. Given there financials and trading situation there probably very keen to get the situation sorted.
think the paceway is playing smart.they hold the cards and are after the best deal possible.Troy Dodd’s from the western weekender has said they may be better delaying a few years in a article.
That is a huge concern as delaying will soar the cost making it a impossible build
I will defiantly renew my season tickets even if I don’t get to a game as I have every year
Up the panthers

Kilkenny

Coach
I

think the paceway is playing smart.they hold the cards and are after the best deal possible.Troy Dodd’s from the western weekender has said they may be better delaying a few years in a article.
That is a huge concern as delaying will soar the cost making it a impossible build
I will defiantly renew my season tickets even if I don’t get to a game as I have every year
Up the panthers
In respect of the Paceway the big money appears to be with Meriton (if that is who the developer is) but as is well documented there are significant hurdles around traffic flow to a combined residential-commercial precinct.

Clearly a decision needs to be forthcoming in the near future one way or the other.

We’ll retain our season tickets as I am confident if we do have to relate to Comm Bank we will get priority once the new stadium is up and running.

I can live with having to travel to Comm Bank for two seasons, wife and I are retired we can enjoy stays at the nearby Novotel and take in home games there. Obviously much more difficult and more expensive for younger working families.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
In respect of the Paceway the big money appears to be with Meriton (if that is who the developer is) but as is well documented there are significant hurdles around traffic flow to a combined residential-commercial precinct.

Clearly a decision needs to be forthcoming in the near future one way or the other.

We’ll retain our season tickets as I am confident if we do have to relate to Comm Bank we will get priority once the new stadium is up and running.

I can live with having to travel to Comm Bank for two seasons, wife and I are retired we can enjoy stays at the nearby Novotel and take in home games there. Obviously much more difficult and more expensive for younger working families.

Well said Kilkenny.

My days of watching footy games live, I think are closing.

Sad, you betcha.

But so pleased to sit on my sofa, stream the games, have my adult kids on facetime whilst watching the game.

For me it's the next best thing.

Iamback

Coach

Expense isn't an issue. Train is cheap enough

Time around work is my issue

Munky

Coach
The real question is what happens to the money the Paceway gets?

Where can they build a new track? What does the articles of association say about their main objective?

Be hilarious if they wind up and the surplus goes to the nearest registered club...

snickers007

Juniors
This seems like a massive sliding doors moment to me.

We have a team in an extended purple patch, which has already resulted in 1 Premiership, 1 Minor Premiership, and more very likely this season. Yet until this season we haven't been able to capitalise on it in terms of ticket sales and all the associated gameday extras because of the pandemic.

And while I understand that this success likely forms part of the rationale for needing the new stadium now - we need to cash in on the success of this team for as long as possible.

Going to Bankwest is going to cost us in terms of memberships, sponsorships, bums on seats, merchandise etc.
Staying at BlueBet, and building at the Paceway allows us to keep those income streams where they deserve to be.

Money spent now to secure the Paceway site, will reap dividends in the future. I don't think we can afford to not get this done.

I feel like in 10-15 years the stories around this decision will be similar to the Gould & Packer deal that saved the club, and the unsigned merger contract with the Eels.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
The real question is what happens to the money the Paceway gets?

Where can they build a new track? What does the articles of association say about their main objective?

Be hilarious if they wind up and the surplus goes to the nearest registered club...

I heard out near the Grey hounds at Richmond. The proposed site at Penrith Lakes is going to be a movie set fulltime

So double win for Panthers

Blues Riff

Bench
I hope our new Stadium has better drainage than Commbank. This Dogs v Sharks game looks like the fkn Florida Everglades.

soc123_au

Staff member
I hope our new Stadium has better drainage than Commbank. This Dogs v Sharks game looks like the fkn Florida Everglades.
On one of the wide shots I'm sure I saw some f**ker in a conical hat with his Caribou planting rice.

Latest posts