What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You could argue Brian Smith did.
True and I wouldn't begrudge that.

However, I don't think of us as a winning club during that period. We were talented but we shat the bed too many times in important games. The culture wasn't a winning one for mine and the results when it counted speak for themselves.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I cant recall one tackle where our defenders actually forced a Souths attacker backwards tonight. Souths on the other hand did it numerous times to our attack.
Another 30 points against tonight.
Our for versus against is poor year after year. Systems used not only through our NRL team but the whole club simply do not achieve the required result. We have a whole club mentality driven by the head coach that continues to be ineffective. All grades and probably junior teams as well.
Our mantra is "more effort" regardless of the circumstances. Theres an old saying about working smarter not harder. It appears we missed the email.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So have you finally joined the darkside with us Titty Twisters???
Never. You guys are f**ken mental.

But I agree that we need a change.

I wanted us to get Bennett in 2018 but when that didn’t happen I was happy to stick by the coach. I expected us to have a strong year this year but some of our losses have been unacceptable.

One thing I will say is that I’m not expecting miracles from a new coach. If we do go with Flanno or Ciraldo they will have to find a way to bring some proper on and off field leadership into the squad. The fact that Gutho is the best we have speaks volumes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Never. You guys are f**ken mental.

But I agree that we need a change.

I wanted us to get Bennett in 2018 but when that didn’t happen I was happy to stick by the coach. I expected us to have a strong year this year but some of our losses have been unacceptable.

One thing I will say is that I’m not expecting miracles from a new coach. If we do go with Flanno or Ciraldo they will have to find a way to bring some proper on and off field leadership into the squad. The fact that Gutho is the best we have speaks volumes.
He's had 9 years to recruit leadership and he has hung his hat on Gutho. Show's he has no idea what real leadership is. A bloke who tries really really hard at training doesn't make you a leader.

Being a hog and abusing his team mates when things go bad doesn't make you a leader. The way he played his contract saga out in the media and let his management drag the clubs name through the mud to squeeze every extra drop from a club you are the skipper of is not leadership. A real leader would of gotten the team together and said we are building something speshal here a strong squad i'm signing for a little bit less and i hope you all do too. He set the example and guys like Mahoney and Papa just followed his lead. He's not a captains arsehole i'm afraid.

Pazza

First Grade
What stuns me is that we put on a perfectly executed shift for guthos second try but we only did it once for the entire game. South's must have done it 20 plus times. Large parts of the game we just run this one out shit, it's no wonder we lost the yardage battle all night. We have no enterprise with ball in hand. Mose, Brown, Blake and Penisini were complete non factors.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He's had 9 years to recruit leadership and he has hung his hat on Gutho. Show's he has no idea what real leadership is. A bloke who tries really really hard at training doesn't make you a leader.

Being a hog and abusing his team mates when things go bad doesn't make you a leader. The way he played his contract saga out in the media and let his management drag the clubs name through the mud to squeeze every extra drop from a club you are the skipper of is not leadership. A real leader would of gotten the team together and said we are building something speshal here a strong squad i'm signing for a little bit less and i hope you all do too. He set the example and guys like Mahoney and Papa just followed his lead. He's not a captains arsehole i'm afraid.
Agreed. Gutho is a deadshit, but BA has shown poor judgement by backing him. Making Paulo co-captain was a concession but it hasn’t helped.

Latest posts