What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R16 Sun - St Geo Illa 12-10 Canberra @ WIN

Round 16: St Geo Illa v Canberra

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KOMORI

Juniors
Both teams turned a 30 point wind into f**k all points. Neither deserved that win but @skeepe melting down makes a painful two hours somewhat worthy in the end 😂

Let’s face it; the whole play the ball area is a lottery. Was he square or did the guy playing the ball skip to his left? Happens every play.

Should have been a penalty for holding down though the play before. Refs gotta have an ounce of common sense.

skeepe

Immortal
He was but a hold down there should always be a penalty.

100%. It’s a professional foul and has been ruled as such every single other time it has happened.

10 in the bin and a penalty right in front. Any other decision is incorrect and should result in the referee being dropped.

skeepe

Immortal
Also RIP to the offside rule - apparently if you knock on, a player in front of you can now pick it up without penalty.

Maximus

Coach
Square with his right hand on Tapine's right shoulder? He's a freak old Hunty.

You know arms don't just stay perpendicular to your body yeah? If I stick my left hand out I can touch it with my right. It's this weird thing where your arm can move.

edabomb

First Grade
You know arms don't just stay perpendicular to your body yeah? If I stick my left hand out I can touch it with my right. It's this weird thing where your arm can move.
Yup but his right arm was straight, if anything leaning away from his body. Too bad fox didn't give us some decent replays before moving to the painful Matty Johns show.

While the skeepe meltdown is certainly gold, I think that last bit of play really emphasizes how AIDs the six again rule actually is. It has to go.
I still like the rule but it relies o no the refs to have a feel for the game and common sense, and the guts to use them.

I have no problems with refs making mistakes; it’s a human game and it happens fast. But when they bottle calls like at the end there (and contrary to Skeepes assertion, it happens every game (must be more 6 agains in minute 39-40 of every game than any other minute)) that is when I get the humph.

Hunt was a lot squarer then I first thought looking on the replay & as explained

you can't get a penalty anyway according to Slater ..
just another 6 again
& in the 79th minute & 55th sec, that'd of been of no use to us

so i ask

where is the penalty for the defence , what is stopping them from just lying in the ruck like the dragons did in that last minute & QLD did in the first origin

when will referees be allowed to go nuh
Im penalising thats just deliberate & a professional foul

just blowing 6 again after 6 again has no affect on defenders when they know theres only 40 seconds left

I thought when the brought in the 6 again they described it as somewhat up to the refs discretion (ie they could give a penalty if they wanted to). Maybe I just got that wrong.

skeepe

Immortal
I’ve said all along the six again rule is a license to cheat, especially defending in the red zone.

When you don’t have to worry about conceding two points, there’s no incentive not to infringe. It’s absolutely diabolical.

f**k it off.