What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

St Tangles

Bench
6 again was for Hunts flop or ruck infridgemen.

He then was offside at marker. Shouldve been a penalty

Incorrect he was square at marker and onside before the Raiders player walked off the mark.

Shouldn't of been in that position if the forward pass was called 3 tacles earlier (News articles won't go back that far / doesn't get clicks).

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Incorrect he was square at marker and onside before the Raiders player walked off the mark.

Shouldn't of been in that position if the forward pass was called 3 tacles earlier (News articles won't go back that far / doesn't get clicks).
Correct.
Infringements like not being square & offside at marker are always called six again unless the attacking team drops the ball.
It’s a sh#t rule but they’ve ruled that way consistently.
He could have penalised Hunt for the flop though.
Anyway it’s about time we got one.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
When Suli scored , Rapana slid on him with knees, Suli stays down possible 8 point try.
I agree mate.....said the same thing to my wife at the time....as I stated there were a number of times our blokes copped it, but to their credit just carried on when lesser teams would have stayed down.....Im not condoning taking dives but sometimes it needs to earn the refs attention more....being noble unfortunately at times doesnt win you footy games in todays climate

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Correct.
Infringements like not being square & offside at marker are always called six again unless the attacking team drops the ball.
It’s a sh#t rule but they’ve ruled that way consistently.
He could have penalised Hunt for the flop though.
Anyway it’s about time we got one.
Yes it is about time we "we got one" mate.....they got away with a lot of flopping during the game.....we wont mention the continuous offside all game either

Willow

Assistant Moderator
6 again was for Hunts flop or ruck infridgement.
There was no infringement. Look again.
He then was offside at marker. Shouldve been a penalty.
No he wasn't. But even if he was, the rules clearly state that a ruck infringement (including not standing square) results in six again. They stopped giving penalties for this some time ago.
But wait til next time when we get a rough call.... "Boo hoo we were robbed. Refs are rigged. I'm a little victim. I feel wronged. It always happened to us" hahaha I'm dragons fan but so many supporters here are so one eyed and can't see the broader picture.
We did get a tough call. McCullough was denied a fair try.
You sound like you're the one playing the victim here. But hey, you can support your team anyway you like.

matPORTS

Juniors
Gutsy win in the circumstances and the conditions.

Whoever lost was going to find themselves chasing their tails for the rest of the season from outside the 8.

I thought we won the critical moments. While Raiders won the second half on the scoresheet, they certainly didn't win the field position battle which was critical in the end. Surprised given they had the massive breeze coming home.

Not going to criticise Cody for dropping a couple in those conditions. Since he came back in the 1 against the Warriors at Kogarah we have been a different team. He will only learn and keep improving.

The call at the end, yep, if the boot was on the other foot we would be blowing up big time in here. But - since Magic Round 2021 and until as recently as about a month ago, we have not had much rub of the green and plenty of fairly dubious calls go against us. So we will certainly take that one and run !

The Broncos could be peaking. Beyond our match up this week, the fatigue of the rep season could be setting in (looking at Haas & Carrigan in particular). Who knows where Parramatta are mentally (that loss against let's face it a fairly average Souths 2022 roster barring a handful of individual superstars is going to hurt and leave their coaching staff scratching their heads).

Most of us were predicting bottom half of the top 8, and as long as we keep winning (and improving along the way) it's more than possible.

Old Timer

Coach
f**k the Raiders
f**k Stewart
f**k the whinging whining press

The Raiders had their chances and blew them despite them getting more than their fair share of calls and leniency from the ref and bunker

Like or dislike Hook at least he has our side playing tough and not the sooky la la, lay down shit tactics other teams employ

Bank the 2 points and march onwards and upwards.

Gutsy win in the circumstances and the conditions.

Whoever lost was going to find themselves chasing their tails for the rest of the season from outside the 8.

I thought we won the critical moments. While Raiders won the second half on the scoresheet, they certainly didn't win the field position battle which was critical in the end. Surprised given they had the massive breeze coming home.

Not going to criticise Cody for dropping a couple in those conditions. Since he came back in the 1 against the Warriors at Kogarah we have been a different team. He will only learn and keep improving.

The call at the end, yep, if the boot was on the other foot we would be blowing up big time in here. But - since Magic Round 2021 and until as recently as about a month ago, we have not had much rub of the green and plenty of fairly dubious calls go against us. So we will certainly take that one and run !

The Broncos could be peaking. Beyond our match up this week, the fatigue of the rep season could be setting in (looking at Haas & Carrigan in particular). Who knows where Parramatta are mentally (that loss against let's face it a fairly average Souths 2022 roster barring a handful of individual superstars is going to hurt and leave their coaching staff scratching their heads).

Most of us were predicting bottom half of the top 8, and as long as we keep winning (and improving along the way) it's more than possible.
Yes it was a gutsy win, though neither side made good use of the advantage of playing down wind.

justadragon

Bench
My take on all this nonsense is, if conditions are so poor that the players cant handle them , its also the same for the ref making proper judgements all the time, for Stuart to say he lacked courage well he also must have lacked it when Rapana blatantly kneed Suli in the back whilst he was in the process of scoring, it could and should have been an 8 point try then who cares what happens in the last play of the day. Also did the ref rule correctly on the last play, according to the rules, he did, end of story. As for the mistakes the dragons made, well we have improved 100% on our game management in wet weather, remember the last game we played in conditions not as bad. Our defense was great and we played as a team. We now have to keep going because some teams below havent had the bye and have a much better F & A, so really we are in position that we cant lose too many if any at all. We have a chance against the Broncos with a lot of players out, we need to take that with open arms and make the most of it. I did say in previous posts I thought there would be a couple of points either way in this game, we were the better side and we handled the pressure, if Ben Hunt exploited the rules on the last play then good on him, how many times has it happened to us, just ask Cam Smith he was a master at it, win at all costs which is something the dragons need to adopt.

denis preston

First Grade
When old buggers like us talk about the "good old days " how different is the game now in these conditions with far better grounds and a all weather football ? The old days were so bad in the quagmire they used to change jerseys at halftime so the commentators could still call the game ! Those days you used to have what they called mudrunners , players that played really well in those conditions. Our Tony Branson & Gary Prethrydge were a example.

Dragsters

First Grade
Blocker Lawrie has been huge over the last couple of games.

Running like a steam train and hitting hard in defense.

Some Muppet supporter from the panfers came on here a few weeks back after he scored his first try and called him a pillow (I relentlessly defended him i might add).

Perhaps he read that post and it has fired him up?

Whatever it is, it's great to see him reaching his potential.

He's been a big part if our last two victories...