What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

jeffdragon

Bench
Just seen Annesley's 5 minute briefing on the Hunt issue.
Why dont they focus on the 3 hight hits that were missed in the game.
Next time we should lie down and stay down.
Why don't they focus in Wighton making shit errors.

jeffdragon

Bench

be55

Juniors
So Grahame Annesley has come out and said Hunt wasn't square at marker and a penalty should have been given to Canberra under the "professional foul" ruling for deliberate infringements with the late flop and being offside...

WOW...WHO COULD EVER HAVE PREDICTED THAT ?

I wonder what he would have said if he was presented with this ground breaking evidence...

To anyone still questioning the Hunt decision, I suggest you look at @Corner_Post 's post here:
Hunt was square. So the outrage seems to have been generated by dopey TV commentary.

I thought it was odd at the time because the tackled player playing the ball shifted left afterwards to make it look like Hunt wasn't square.

So if a penalty was given under the old rules, we would have been robbed. But we would have had to cop it on the chin.

@Willow you should have dusted the suit off and marched down to NRL headquarters with your star witness Corner Post and presented this as evidence. You would have put Perry Mason to shame. I'm sure by the end of it Annesley would have been apologizing to us 🙄

ozbuck

Juniors
Incorrect he was square at marker and onside before the Raiders player walked off the mark.

Shouldn't of been in that position if the forward pass was called 3 tacles earlier (News articles won't go back that far / doesn't get clicks).

Dont agree. the NRL would've loved to agreed with you to save their hide, but even they have come out and said it should have been a penalty.

If that last tackle yesterady had been the other way around and our player was tackled from dummy half everyone here would be screaming how the ref ripped us off that the raiders defender walked off the mark...and that this ALWAYS happens to US, the refs are conspiring against us, blah blah blah.

That was definitely a penalty yesterday. Bad calls end up going about 50/50 by the end of the season. Most peoples memories only remember 0/100 out of pure one-eyed fanaticism.

since77

Juniors
Surely any doubts about Ben Hunt's game management are put to bed. He won us the game in the last 10 seconds with his actions. We can argue the ethics of those actions, but he isn't the 1st and won't be the last to exploit a rule or test the ref. It would have taken alot of balls to do it.
Exactly. If Cameron Smith or Billy Slater had done the same thing the commentators would be creaming themselves talking about their “gamesmanship “

be55

Juniors
I still remember when we were dudded in Melbourne when they played the ball after the siren and scored matchwinner
Should I go on
I still remember when i was 6 and i was told that "two wrongs don't make a right"

ozbuck

Juniors
There was no infringement. Look again.

No he wasn't. But even if he was, the rules clearly state that a ruck infringement (including not standing square) results in six again. They stopped giving penalties for this some time ago.

We did get a tough call. McCullough was denied a fair try.
You sound like you're the one playing the victim here. But hey, you can support your team anyway you like.

The infridgement was the flop. straight down the line infringment.

mulitple infridgements in a row can result in a penalty being blown and the player can be sent for 10 at the same time. this is what the NRL say shouldve happened (the penalty, maybe 10 in the bin too).

Have a look at the replays - hunt was definitely not totally square, he was poking the side of his body around the play the ball. It was close, but definitely deserved a penalty. If that had been ben hunt tackled with us down by 2 you would not be here saying that raiders player was square, no way. that little thing called emotion gets in the way of our perception sometimes.

McCullough...fair try? you're basing that off what?...the channel 9 replay played at full speed and youre able to tell in a 100th of of a second that the ball DEFINITELY touched the grass!?! hahaha. I even slow-mo'd the footage and have no idea if it touched. more angles and proper slow mo is needed for anyone to claim whether or not it was a "fair try". dead set! but your mind has made you believe it was 100% a try because......your a saints supporter and it looked like damn close.

And people here are still talking about the Melbourne game down in Melbourne when they played the ball a split second after the siren had gone off. Again, a 50/50 call......and guess who remembers being "cheated": the good old "poor bugger me victim" saints supporters.

They go both ways at the end of the day.

Remember us going over the sideline just before our first try in the 2010 Grand Final? the BIGGEST game of the year and we get 6 points we should never have got. Still everyone remembers the other 50% of the calls that don't go our way with photographic memeory hahahaha. The human mind is a bastard sometimes

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So Grahame Annesley has come out and said Hunt wasn't square at marker and a penalty should have been given to Canberra under the "professional foul" ruling for deliberate infringements with the late flop and being offside...

WOW...WHO COULD EVER HAVE PREDICTED THAT ?

I wonder what he would have said if he was presented with this ground breaking evidence...

@Willow you should have dusted the suit off and marched down to NRL headquarters with your star witness Corner Post and presented this as evidence. You would have put Perry Mason to shame. I'm sure by the end of it Annesley would have been apologizing to us 🙄
You seem upset. FTR, Annesley wasn't entirely clear cut about it but truth is I don't really care about that.
Why should I march down to NRL headquarters? I'm delighted with the result.
Shouldn't that be you given you didn't get the result you wanted?

Are you aware that a lot of calls went against Saints during the match? Were you equally outraged on those occasions?

Dragon David

First Grade
What is the point of him doing this? Unless he is going to dissect every minute of every game?
More useless shit from the NRL.
I couldn't care less if it was or wasn't a penalty that should have or could have or may have or whatever. The game is over, we lose some, we win some. They lose some, they win some.

I'm just happy that for once we won a close game rather than lose it in the final few seconds (that is if they kicked the penalty goal if awarded and win in golden point).

We won, yeah!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator

mulitple infridgements in a row can result in a penalty being blown and the player can be sent for 10 at the same time. this is what the NRL say shouldve happened (the penalty, maybe 10 in the bin too).

Have a look at the replays - hunt was definitely not totally square, he was poking the side of his body around the play the ball. It was close, but definitely deserved a penalty. If that had been ben hunt tackled with us down by 2 you would not be here saying that raiders player was square, no way. that little thing called emotion gets in the way of our perception sometimes.

McCullough...fair try? you're basing that off what?...the channel 9 replay played at full speed and youre able to tell in a 100th of of a second that the ball DEFINITELY touched the grass!?! hahaha. I even slow-mo'd the footage and have no idea if it touched. more angles and proper slow mo is needed for anyone to claim whether or not it was a "fair try". dead set! but your mind has made you believe it was 100% a try because......your a saints supporter and it looked like damn close.

And people here are still talking about the Melbourne game down in Melbourne when they played the ball a split second after the siren had gone off. Again, a 50/50 call......and guess who remembers being "cheated": the good old "poor bugger me victim" saints supporters.

Remember us going over the sideline just before our first try in the 2010 Grand Final? the BIGGEST game of the year and we get 6 points we should never have got. Still everyone remembers the other 50% of the calls that don't go our way with photographic memeory hahahaha. The human mind is a bastard sometimes
Tldr.
Look at the scoreboard.

justadragon

Bench
You seem upset. FTR, Annesley wasn't entirely clear cut about it but truth is I don't really care about that.
Why should I march down to NRL headquarters? I'm delighted with the result.
Shouldn't that be you given you didn't get the result you wanted?

Are you aware that a lot of calls went against Saints during the match? Were you equally outraged on those occasions?
100%, the raiders missed out on the 2 points for the penalty and the dragons missed out on the penalty try that suli scored with rapana in his back.

So disappointing listening to Annersley and the muppets on Fox.

Laughable that Hunt was allegedly guilty of up to 3 infringements.

Media bias in favour of Robinson and Stuart is embarrassing.

They have isolated the last play of the game and ignored the many other wrong decisions made during the game.

justadragon

Bench
So disappointing listening to Annersley and the muppets on Fox.

Laughable that Hunt was allegedly guilty of up to 3 infringements.

Media bias in favour of Robinson and Stuart is embarrassing.

They have isolated the last play of the game and ignored the many other wrong decisions made during the game.
i mentioned the same thing in an earlier post, in conditions like that i think the ref had a pretty fair game, and lets not forget the team that handled things better won that game

St Tangles

Bench

I agree with some of your points
But I don't think we should just disect the last minute of a game
Annesley should call out all bad calls or none
There was a clear cut forward pass missed 3 tackles earlier