What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
In breaking news Tony Abbott has been in touch with Pascoe to say how much he likes Prince Charles. Nothing to do with football but he just had to tell someone. Apparently it had been a while.

Good luck to whoever gets the WT coaching gig, they will need it..!
Regardless of the coach the players have to have one, some ability, desire, pride ,or hunger to succeed for the WT to be successful again.
This mob at the moment are a disgrace and more so the players who have signed elsewhere for the next year and yet have already clocked off for this season.

gordsy

Juniors
Good luck to whoever gets the WT coaching gig, they will need it..!
Regardless of the coach the players have to have one, some ability, desire, pride ,or hunger to succeed for the WT to be successful again.
This mob at the moment are a disgrace and more so the players who have signed elsewhere for the next year and yet have already clocked off for this season.
It's domino effect, one bloke slackens off then someone else says why should I try my guts out when these merkins aren't , why should I should take the hard run when they wont etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I think everyone would agree we are in a deep hole at the moment and need to do something that gives us a chance to start climbing out of that hole. So what could possibly be the dumbest decision the board could make?

I know, let's appoint Noddy as head coach. Sure everyone knows he hasn't got the experience or knowledge to take on such a difficult task at such a crucial time in Wests Tigers history, solution? Train him in the job. This is totally in line with Wests Tigers decision making for years now.

I doubt there would be any other club who would be watching thinking "That's a great idea. Let's do that."

It could work for the Panthers, they have a coach who has been doing that job for a number of years. Ciraldo has been working with the players for years. they have a quality squad. None of those things apply to us.

It could work for the Dolphins. Bennett has been at the top of his field for years. Woolfe has years of coaching experience. Again none of this applies to us.

I can only imagine Benji is supporting it because he wants to back up the club no matter what they do out of loyalty.

If Sheens agrees to this he will lose all credibility I have been giving him.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.
Stupid.
Just don't do it for F%$#k sake.

Fordy20

Juniors
Can't wait for Sheens to take over as head coach. Another ten years of mediocrity with the board protecting this parasite, but this time without a Scott Prince to deliver a premiership or a Benji Marshall to keep it our losses entertaining. At least the Pascoe haters will be happy. We can go back to sacking CEOs instead of coaches.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Brooks backs Sheens but reveals frustration at club rumours​

Caden Helmers

By Caden Helmers

July 6, 2022 — 4.20pm

Advertisement

Luke Brooks has backed Tim Sheens to return to the helm of the Wests Tigers if the premiership-winning coach wants to take over, as the five-eighth spoke of frustration with club hierarchy.
The Tigers have put contract talks on hold while they search for a new coach as speculation mounts over the future of Brooks, who has held Adam Doueihi at bay to retain the No. 6 jersey for a clash with Parramatta at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.

It comes after headlines claimed Brooks would be axed from the NRL side a fortnight ago, saying: “That’s what has frustrated me sometimes about what has happened at this club, a fair few stories get leaked out and it comes from people a lot higher than us. It’s just another thing”.
There is a sense a coach of Sheens’ standing, aged 71 with almost 40 years’ worth of coaching experience, would be able to cope with the pressure that comes with a role at the Tigers.

The Tigers’ head of football, who led the joint venture to the 2005 premiership, has emerged as a contender to return to the role for the 2023 season as club bosses prepare to interview candidates.
Interim coach Brett Kimmorley is among the candidates on a list including John Morris, Shane Flanagan and Kristian Woolf, who has been backed by Tigers lock Joe Ofahengaue.
Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.Credit:Getty
“It’s up to [Sheens]. He’s obviously got the credentials, he has won a few grand finals at different clubs,” Brooks said.
“I didn’t get the chance to play under him, he actually left the year before I came. If he was to do it, he would definitely be capable of doing it. I know the boys who have been coached by him give him lots of wraps. If he was to do it, he’d be good.”
Advertisementinternational has a mutual option in his contract for next year which means he or the club could opt out of the final year of his deal.
Ofahengaue said Sheens would be “the right fit” for the Tigers, but added Tongan Test coach Woolf could be a perfect alternative.
“The reason why he is so successful with the Tongan team, is because we know if we stuff up, he is going to beat our arse,” Ofahengaue said of Woolf.

“He’s got that tough edge about him, but he’s also got that soft edge. He’s great to have a one-on-one conversation with. He’s a tough coach but really approachable. It would be cool to be coached by him in clubland. I think he would be [perfect for the Tigers], but it’s not my decision.”

Tigerm

First Grade

Brooks backs Sheens but reveals frustration at club rumours​

Caden Helmers

By Caden Helmers

July 6, 2022 — 4.20pm

Advertisement

Luke Brooks has backed Tim Sheens to return to the helm of the Wests Tigers if the premiership-winning coach wants to take over, as the five-eighth spoke of frustration with club hierarchy.
The Tigers have put contract talks on hold while they search for a new coach as speculation mounts over the future of Brooks, who has held Adam Doueihi at bay to retain the No. 6 jersey for a clash with Parramatta at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.

It comes after headlines claimed Brooks would be axed from the NRL side a fortnight ago, saying: “That’s what has frustrated me sometimes about what has happened at this club, a fair few stories get leaked out and it comes from people a lot higher than us. It’s just another thing”.
There is a sense a coach of Sheens’ standing, aged 71 with almost 40 years’ worth of coaching experience, would be able to cope with the pressure that comes with a role at the Tigers.

The Tigers’ head of football, who led the joint venture to the 2005 premiership, has emerged as a contender to return to the role for the 2023 season as club bosses prepare to interview candidates.
Interim coach Brett Kimmorley is among the candidates on a list including John Morris, Shane Flanagan and Kristian Woolf, who has been backed by Tigers lock Joe Ofahengaue.
Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.Credit:Getty
“It’s up to [Sheens]. He’s obviously got the credentials, he has won a few grand finals at different clubs,” Brooks said.
“I didn’t get the chance to play under him, he actually left the year before I came. If he was to do it, he would definitely be capable of doing it. I know the boys who have been coached by him give him lots of wraps. If he was to do it, he’d be good.”
Advertisementinternational has a mutual option in his contract for next year which means he or the club could opt out of the final year of his deal.
Ofahengaue said Sheens would be “the right fit” for the Tigers, but added Tongan Test coach Woolf could be a perfect alternative.
“The reason why he is so successful with the Tongan team, is because we know if we stuff up, he is going to beat our arse,” Ofahengaue said of Woolf.

“He’s got that tough edge about him, but he’s also got that soft edge. He’s great to have a one-on-one conversation with. He’s a tough coach but really approachable. It would be cool to be coached by him in clubland. I think he would be [perfect for the Tigers], but it’s not my decision.”
It's inching closer, isn't it?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I am so relieved Woolf is still a chance.

Come on Tigers! Sign him! PLEASE !!!

I will forgive all past errors of judgement (see I'm even talking nicely) if the board makes this happen.

It's obvious Kimmorley is not up to it if the talk is Sheens will mentor him.
Sheens reluctance means he shouldn't take it on.

We need something that is fresh and a real break from the past.

Woolf is the only one mentioned who can do that and have the players and fans thinking just maybe things will improve.

Do it Do it! DO IT!!!

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Tim is now thinking, shit they all want me to coach, I can't let the boys down?
agghh! stop. Your freaking me out man.

Actually I'm freaking myself out. I had decided not to read posts or enter into discussion on the matter because I'm convinced it will only end in tears. I have full confidence in the Wests Tigers board to really screw this up and dig us into a deeper hole for many years to come.

Tigerm

First Grade
agghh! stop. Your freaking me out man.

Actually I'm freaking myself out. I had decided not to read posts or enter into discussion on the matter because I'm convinced it will only end in tears. I have full confidence in the Wests Tigers board to really screw this up and dig us into a deeper hole for many years to come.
I think they hired Sheens, because none of them (the board) have any f**king idea about running a footy team, and now he has them where he wants them, eating out of his hand? They will wake up, just not sure how long that will be though? 😅

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Tigers are on fire!

Hire Sheens to run a footy team including a pathways program for talented players coming through the juniors. Get Noddy in on that because this might be our only hope for the future. Then after careful consideration think it might be best to ditch that decision. Make Noddy head coach. Realize that won't work pull Sheens away from pathways duties as well so he could teach Noddy how to be a first grade coach at a club that is in dire straights. This might only take a couple of years to reach the heights of mediocrity. Sheens will then be too busy to perform any of the duties he was originally hired for and pass the reins back to Pascoe.
Only the Tigers could come up with a plan that will finish us off from the juniors at one end right all the way though to first grade at the other.

I know at this stage a decision has not been made but it disturbs me that anyone is even thinking about it.

Wizardman

First Grade
Tigers are on fire!

Hire Sheens to run a footy team including a pathways program for talented players coming through the juniors. Get Noddy in on that because this might be our only hope for the future. Then after careful consideration think it might be best to ditch that decision. Make Noddy head coach. Realize that won't work pull Sheens away from pathways duties as well so he could teach Noddy how to be a first grade coach at a club that is in dire straights. This might only take a couple of years to reach the heights of mediocrity. Sheens will then be too busy to perform any of the duties he was originally hired for and pass the reins back to Pascoe.
Only the Tigers could come up with a plan that will finish us off from the juniors at one end right all the way though to first grade at the other.

I know at this stage a decision has not been made but it disturbs me that anyone is even thinking about it.
We are damn good at f**king things up.....but.....I seriously doubt he'd take the job on. The big reason being....he is already in a much safer job with good pay. The drums appear to be beating but Sheens will make the right call on this one.

Tigerm

First Grade
We are damn good at f**king things up.....but.....I seriously doubt he'd take the job on. The big reason being....he is already in a much safer job with good pay. The drums appear to be beating but Sheens will make the right call on this one.
Yep, eannie, meanie, miny, mo ( excuse spelling) 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts