What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If you've got a problem with what I said, quote me.

I posted a response to Kilkenny acting like he's the ducks nuts.

What is childish is this passive aggressive bullshit not quoting me but commenting about what I've said.

I didn't even say anything bad. Kilkenny is the one calling other posters stupid or silly because he has a different opinion. That and he seems to have some weird obsession with Smug Panther...

Also, just want to add that the topic was about Edwards... nothing to do with Burto or Luai or Cleary... but yeah... carry on.

I was agreeing with Tom's coment about the personal insults being childish. Since your not the only 'indulging' in such practices why do I have to name each one of you.
(it was a generalised comment about what's happening, not just about you ACT Panther)

The 2nd part of my post was about the assumption that Burton would be better ay 6 than Luai currently is. Which I disagree.

Girds89

Bench
I guess it got a bit frustrating over the last few years reading the same old posters hammer dylan even if he was so highly regarded within the team.

Me saying how good dyl is playing every week isnt harping on about him for no reason. Its LITERALLY because hes in our top 3 basically every week. It makes sense to commend him for playing well given he is... is not some weird obsession.

Yeo is the only panther in front of him in the dally m. Not that i rate the dally m that highly. The judging is so poor. There was a game this year where they gave yeo 3 and dyl none and he was best on ground by a shitload.

Westy can be upset all he likes but the fact is i have complimented charlie all year after every game for the big improvements he made. He wasnt a player who i thought would stay in fg but i was very vocal about how well he was doing.

I have called out nathan for his very avg mid field bombs that land on the 25m line....

I love tago but said he needed to fix his ball handling asap when he was having issues a number of rounds back...

I just call things as i see them and right now dyl is having a blinder every week and is the best fb in the comp on form atm by a far bit.

If westy thinks im going to stop praising dyl because he is tired of reading how reliable, hard working and safe dyl is and because he didnt think that last year and now everyone in the nrl supposedly knows dyl is a weap than he is wrong and can leave me on ignore.

If dyl is playing well than i will comtinue to wrap him. If he plays poor than same.

I come here to chat footy and panthers players..

My opinions might be different to others and on a friday or saturday after a few beers sometimes i can lose my way with my words a bit..

At the end of the day its just a forum. Ive strongly disagreed with the opinions of many on here eg dylan the last few years. But if it gets to the point your having to ignore people on here than i think youre taking it a bit to seriously.

WestyLife

First Grade
I guess it got a bit frustrating over the last few years reading the same old posters hammer dylan even if he was so highly regarded within the team.

Me saying how good dyl is playing every week isnt harping on about him for no reason. Its LITERALLY because hes in our top 3 basically every week. It makes sense to commend him for playing well given he is... is not some weird obsession.

Yeo is the only panther in front of him in the dally m. Not that i rate the dally m that highly. The judging is so poor. There was a game this year where they gave yeo 3 and dyl none and he was best on ground by a shitload.

Westy can be upset all he likes but the fact is i have complimented charlie all year after every game for the big improvements he made. He wasnt a player who i thought would stay in fg but i was very vocal about how well he was doing.

I have called out nathan for his very avg mid field bombs that land on the 25m line....

I love tago but said he needed to fix his ball handling asap when he was having issues a number of rounds back...

I just call things as i see them and right now dyl is having a blinder every week and is the best fb in the comp on form atm by a far bit.

If westy thinks im going to stop praising dyl because he is tired of reading how reliable, hard working and safe dyl is and because he didnt think that last year and now everyone in the nrl supposedly knows dyl is a weap than he is wrong and can leave me on ignore.

If dyl is playing well than i will comtinue to wrap him. If he plays poor than same.

I come here to chat footy and panthers players..

My opinions might be different to others and on a friday or saturday after a few beers sometimes i can lose my way with my words a bit..

At the end of the day its just a forum. Ive strongly disagreed with the opinions of many on here eg dylan the last few years. But if it gets to the point your having to ignore people on here than i think youre taking it a bit to seriously.

It's not the difference of opinion, that's the best part about being online. It's the carry on about who's right and wrong every damn week over opinions from over 2 years ago now as if it was a personal insult to certain people so you gotta get all passive aggressive over it.

The ignore function is because of me not you ao I don't ruin peoples good time.

Kilkenny

Coach
You probably also think your shit doesn't stink and you're a machine in the sack....

No need to be a conceited merkin mate
Revisit some of your own posts, your not quite as perfect as you think you are.

At least you managed the above without profanity…

Pomoz

Bench
Your is correct, not you are. Edit: My apologies, you are correct, I didn't see the second use of the term. Carry on :).
Must have been a slow day, we started a grammar fight.

Right boys, "Choose your syntax of choice , march 20 yards and turn and expound your best monologue. Extra marks for no split infinitives, the use of Latin in italics and for words containing the letter "x" or "z". You lose points for cursing and the incorrect use of the possessive apostrophe. Errors in the use of there, their and they're, may result in disqualification from the 2022 Pedant Cup"*.

*martielang is automatically disqualified from the 2022 Pedant cup for failing to use capitals correctly in a name in a public forum. His continued misspelling of Sione Utia-Katoa's name and the omission of the hyphen has also resulted in an extension of the ban to the 2023 Pedant Cup.

The worshipping of the false God Utia-Katoa and therefore blasphemy against our one true Lord, Isaah Yeo, was also noted by the Pedant Board. However the board ruled that blasphemy was ultra vires and it can only issue a stern warning at this point.

Shame martielang, shame.

BxTom

Bench
Must have been a slow day, we started a grammar fight.

Right boys, "Choose your syntax of choice , march 20 yards and turn and expound your best monologue. Extra marks for no split infinitives, the use of Latin in italics and for words containing the letter "x" or "z". You lose points for cursing and the incorrect use of the possessive apostrophe. Errors in the use of there, their and they're, may result in disqualification from the 2022 Pedant Cup"*.

*martielang is automatically disqualified from the 2022 Pedant cup for failing to use capitals correctly in a name in a public forum. His continued misspelling of Sione Utia-Katoa's name and the omission of the hyphen has also resulted in an extension of the ban to the 2023 Pedant Cup.

The worshipping of the false God Utia-Katoa and therefore blasphemy against our one true Lord, Isaah Yeo, was also noted by the Pedant Board. However the board ruled that blasphemy was ultra vires and it can only issue a stern warning at this point.

Shame martielang, shame.
Shouldn't that be "Shame, MartyLang, shame"? :)

Kilkenny

Coach
In my defence I am 61years young, not quite so savvy around presumptive text and the like. My posts are always more grammatically correct if I use my iPad as opposed to my iPhone. I have a keyboard attached to my iPad which helps me enormously. Still doesn’t excuse me if I am a merkin, but then again that appears to be a term more commonly used by the posters of a younger generation than I or me, depending on which you prefer.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Bit of a write up on Tim Grant - Good to see he was smart with his money

Retired NRL player Tim Grant has listed his Leppington investment property.

He engaged award-winning Fowler Homes to build the two-storey home after the 400 sqm building block was bought while playing with West Tigers.

Grant debuted in 2007 at the Penrith Panthers and retired at the Panthers in 2019, with a stint at South Sydney in between.

“I bought it as an investment because I wasn’t sure when my contract would end,” he said.

“I got to know the Macarthur market well, immersed myself in the community and could see the value in investing there with the new airport and infrastructure coming online.

“I didn’t want to miss out.

MORE: Tedesco’s huge home buy breaks NRL records

‘No more handcuffs’: Kyle Sandilands buys $3m forever home

“I’ve had a few investment properties through my career. Rather than invest in shares, I’ve stuck to what I know which is property.

“It’s been good to me. It’s given me the opportunity to preserve my earnings.

“As a footballer, you can easily get caught in the trap of looking at your nice bank statement.”

Grant has $1.4 million to $1.5 million hopes for the four bedroom, two bathroom Scout St home, a short walk from Willowdale Shopping Centre, that has been listed through McGrath Liverpool agents Glen Craigie and Douglas France.

RELATED: NRL bad boy’s swish new digs revealed

Grant is studying wellbeing with a plan to become a wellbeing manager within the rugby league community.

“The way we live, eat, think. We need to be looking for better options,” he said, noting while he’s studying he is working in the mining industry.

He plans to eventually move to the Gold Coast and build there.

Grant played 196 NRL games for Penrith, Souths and Wests Tigers from 2007 to 2019.

He played two Origin games for NSW and is perhaps best remembered for the opening hit up in State of Origin II at Homebush Bay in 2012 when he put Maroons great Peter Civoniceva on his backside, in one of the more memorable runs by a forward in Rugby League interstate history.

On the back of a dominant performance by their forwards NSW won Game II to level the series before losing the decider at Suncorp Stadium.

They were the only two Origin games Grant ever played.

Latest posts