What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Knights Rep Players

PhilGould

Bench
DSaf rules himself out of World Cup contention for later this year, eligible for Australia, Fiji & Samoa.

"I'm not going to play either way," he said.

"I want to have a good preseason for the Knights.

"It's part of the reason for my slow start this year. I had a really big off-season last year and then an interrupted preseason in terms of getting injured and having COVID.

"I want to have a good off-season [and] a big, full preseason. I owe the club big time, so no matter what I'm staying in Newcastle."

Yosh

Coach
DSaf rules himself out of World Cup contention for later this year, eligible for Australia, Fiji & Samoa.

"I'm not going to play either way," he said.

"I want to have a good preseason for the Knights.

"It's part of the reason for my slow start this year. I had a really big off-season last year and then an interrupted preseason in terms of getting injured and having COVID.

"I want to have a good off-season [and] a big, full preseason. I owe the club big time, so no matter what I'm staying in Newcastle."

Nice. He knows that either he or Jacob will get a spot in the NSW side so probably a good little rivalry heating up.

Black Panther

Juniors
And I hope Luai gets his head ripped off the next time he faces the Broncos 🙂
I think the difference there is Luai didn’t know he was concussed. On the other hand, Gagai tried to be tough when he had support from others. Not real brave fighting a guy in a head lock..
Anyway Gagai will come back and stink it up at the Knights again..

PhilGould

Bench
Luai had no idea the bloke laying on the ground stiff as a board with his eyes closed was in trouble?

Gagai had no problem smacking Burton around 1 on 1, Tino running over and getting involved is what you should be crying about if anything.

2 days later though, might be time to let it go.

I think the difference there is Luai didn’t know he was concussed. On the other hand, Gagai tried to be tough when he had support from others. Not real brave fighting a guy in a head lock..
One of the shittest, most club biased takes on LU

Congrats

Yosh

Coach

You support the best team in the comp. Why do you have to be so salty? Coming all the way here to stir up nonsense.

Frederick

Staff member
You support the best team in the comp. Why do you have to be so salty? Coming all the way here to stir up nonsense.
Because Panthers fans ( like their players) are born with the biggest chip on their shoulders and will furiously defend all their players to the death, no matter how big a dickhead they are

Woosh

Head Moderator

Burton was the instigator. Cheap shot elbow to Ponga’s back.
Burton even looked back to have words to him.

1BEC5AF6-2281-4FB8-BCD1-4F3EAC503B37.gif

blaza88z

Coach
Gotta give Gagai a wrap?? Then the dog unleashes on poor Old Matt Burton being held by another player. Hope the bloke gets destroyed by the Dogs pack when they meet again..

I thought it was a class act the way he protected Selwyn, nobody else seemed to give a shit

What's your take on Jerome Luai standing over a motionless Selwyn Cobbo whilst carrying on like an A Grade flog?

blaza88z

Coach

You're having a fkn laugh mate

He was deadset on his back, barely even moved, no person lays there naturally like that after making a tackle, he has literally positioned himself with a foot on either side of his torso and then made direct eye contact before carrying on like he is the one who did anything to contribute to him being left in that position

I know you want to defend it, but you can't

Still Nutty

Juniors
Burton was the instigator. Cheap shot elbow to Ponga’s back.
Burton even looked back to have words to him.

View attachment 63664
Get off the crack.... Burton is running in a straight line to go past Ponga. Ponga gets up and runs directly across in front of Burton, who was watching the play to his left and only caught Ponga moving out of the corner of his eye. He had bugger all time to react to him unexpectedly changing direction and heading in front of him.

Burton does try to change direction at the last second to minimise the contact and is looking back at Ponga (who has got straight back up and continued running , clearly with no ill effects) when Gagai cheap shots and blindsides Burton with a shoulder and forearm from the back. From that footage, it is clear there is no intent by Burton to go straight at Ponga and the contact was incidental and not damaging as Ponga jumps straight up to get into position to continue in the play..

Gagai took a cheap shot and got away with it because it was Origin and he is now being lauded north of the border as 'hero'...but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of pumping yourselves up with a good myth😆

Last edited:

Woosh

Head Moderator
Get off the crack.... Burton is running in a straight line to go past Ponga. Ponga gets up and runs directly across in front of Burton, who was watching the play to his left and only caught Ponga moving out of the corner of his eye. He had bugger all time to react to him unexpectedly changing direction and heading in front of him.

Burton does try to change direction at the last second to minimise the contact and is looking back at Ponga (who has got straight back up and continued running , clearly with no ill effects) when Gagai cheap shots and blindsides Burton with a shoulder and forearm from the back. From that footage, it is clear there is no intent by Burton to go straight at Ponga and the contact was incidental and not damaging as Ponga jumps straight up to get into position to continue in the play..

Gagai took a cheap shot and got away with it because it was Origin and he is now being lauded north of the border as 'hero'...but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good myth😆

Cameron Smith the greatest referee of all time disagrees.
Burton knew exactly what he was doing.
If you want to do a cheap shot expect to get smacked.

Yosh

Coach
Cameron Smith the unbiased queenslander, right?

He ain't Joey though! I watch the podcast every week and Smith used to be the player I hated the most. However, beginning to see why he was such a great player.

As crazy as it sounds, I hope Billy and the gang come to Newy to coach.

TooheysNew

Coach
He ain't Joey though! I watch the podcast every week and Smith used to be the player I hated the most. However, beginning to see why he was such a great player.

As crazy as it sounds, I hope Billy and the gang come to Newy to coach.
I try to listen to the podcast but it's a punish.

Latest posts