What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 15/7/22

IFR33K

Coach
So like I said all negative from you...

This is where hindy gets misinterpreted. Rather than reading his comments as being negative, maybe you should consider his comments as the blueprint to success. He’s pointing out our weaknesses and giving his insight in what needs to be done to be a force.

JokerEel

First Grade
This is where hindy gets misinterpreted. Rather than reading his comments as being negative, maybe you should consider his comments as the blueprint to success. He’s pointing out our weaknesses and giving his insight in what needs to be done to be a force.

No he doesn't I understand there isn't going to be all positives from a win but just pointing out all the negatives kinda makes him look like Mr negative.

It's not like the coaching staff don't look at the game and see the same things.They also see how the players train not us.

IFR33K

Coach
No he doesn't I understand there isn't going to be all positives from a win but just pointing out all the negatives kinda makes him look like Mr negative.

It's not like the coaching staff don't look at the game and see the same things.They also see how the players train not us.

you must admit the coach has been slow to make some calls. And issues haven’t been fixed in a while where fans have been pointing them out.

JokerEel

First Grade
you must admit the coach has been slow to make some calls. And issues haven’t been fixed in a while where fans have been pointing them out.

Like I have said before I don't go to Training sessions or have the coaching staff on speed dial so I have no idea what they are doing to fix the issues.

Reg said it also yesterday some players for some reason drift off the game plan.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I love hindy - great sense of humour, and he knows his footy.

But dissecting every detail of our performance can come across as a little discrediting.

Take Sivo's try - hindy stated it was due to a poor kick chase (which it was), but could have pointed out:

Gutherson's vision to see Brown wide
Brown's agility, and speed, to break the line
Sivo's pace, and balance, and to finish the try off

It was a cracking try, tbh.

Every single try, in every single game, can be deconstructed to that level.

Last edited:

JokerEel

First Grade

But dissecting every detail of our performance can come across as a little discrediting.

Take Sivo's try - hindy stated it was due to a poor kick chase (which it was), but could have pointed out:

Every single try, and in every single game, it is can be deconstructed to that level.

You are correct sir.

hindy111

Post Whore

Well in a way if we score drhe last two tries it's 40-6 but they did. So yes it probably was as close as being 40-6 as 28-18 tbf.

hindy111

Post Whore

Every single try, and in every single game, it is can be deconstructed to that level.

I loved seeing Sivo in open space. Funny on radio they said he has lost some pace but not his power. I thought he has gained some pace if anything

IFR33K

Coach

All he’s saying is it wasn’t a comprehensive performance. Most would agree right? Also detailing how other (top) team run rings around us. Is that so negative or is he being honest? It’s a forum and that’s his opinion and can’t argue with his assessment.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
All he’s saying is it wasn’t a comprehensive performance. Most would agree right? Also detailing how other (top) team run rings around us. Is that so negative or is he being honest? It’s a forum and that’s his opinion and can’t to argue with his assessment.

No, I agree with the general sentiment that we're not good enough.

And we did score some lucky tries - the intercept, and Gutherson's try.

But Sivo's try was well-constructed, and Blake's try was smart work from Mahoney to expose lazy defenders.

That won't fly against Melbourne, but or Penrith - but it was still good football.

Chipmunk

Coach

Every single try, in every single game, can be deconstructed to that level.
Tries are generally scored because of defensive lapses, rather than attacking brilliance.

There has been plenty of brilliant attacking plays that have not lead to a break or try, but there has been very few tries not scored through poor defence.

Latest posts