What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Will it be a huge change, or just mean they can get a little more edgy? Maybe a few matches where they get colour or a little more freedom on the mic

Big Pete

Referee
They only went to PG because of Linda McMahon's political career, yeah? That's pretty much over at this point. Makes sense to go back and give the writers more material to work with.
That was one of the reasons. The other was that in the wake of the Benoit murder-suicide the company wanted to change their image and become more advertiser-friendly.

It all kicked off around July of 2008.

That was one of the reasons. The other was that in the wake of the Benoit murder-suicide the company wanted to change their image and become more advertiser-friendly.

It all kicked off around July of 2008.

didnt the HBK vs Jericho match at the Great American Bash in 2008 also play a role. Or was that just with banning blading? I heard Vince wasn’t thrilled with how much blood there was and how the match unfolded.

Won't matter much, the creative is still awful. Being able to be more "adult" in their storylines won't make anything more interesting while the feuds and storylines are nonsense.

i think having Steph/Trips at the helm might help the creative a little. As good as it is to be past the PG era, I have little faith in a bloke whose cheese slid off the cracker 20 years ago pulling off edgy storylines

bileduct

Coach
I'm surprised that Vince's retirement and some of the other moves like Triple H taking over talent relations hasn't generated a bit more discussion around here.

Some interesting days ahead for the WWE. Vince still has complete control of the company through stock ownership and proxies like Stephanie, but surely at his age and in his current situation Vince is starting to think about handing over the reins to someone else for real.

Valheru

Coach
I'm surprised that Vince's retirement and some of the other moves like Triple H taking over talent relations hasn't generated a bit more discussion around here.

Some interesting days ahead for the WWE. Vince still has complete control of the company through stock ownership and proxies like Stephanie, but surely at his age and in his current situation Vince is starting to think about handing over the reins to someone else for real.
I don't think it has garnered much of a reaction because no one believes Vince isn't still in control

It will be a different story when he kicks the bucket..

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly, this seems like a Jerry Jarrett situation where they've made some backstage changes to come up with a contigency plan and appease shareholders while Vince waits for this to tide over.

Even so, it does seem like the WWE was bound for some massive changes. It seems like they're not too worried about the long term vision of the company and they're just waiting for a huge offer to arrive so they can cash out.

I'm waiting to see whether any of this will have an impact on the TV. RAW mainly just stayed the course with the Logan-Maryse-Miz segment in particular feeling like a Vince era segment. With SummerSlam taking place on Sunday, I imagine they largely stuck to the plan and they'll make some major changes either on the show or immediately afterwards.

Worth noting that all PPVs moving forward are on Fox8 so if you don't have the Network you can watch them on cable from 9am.

I think the changes will take months to be fully felt. I get the sense that it will not be a hard reset but a phasing into the new era.

As for Vince, he cost the company $12m due to his misconduct. That alone would get you sacked anywhere in the world. I get the sense that this may have been a tap on the shoulder but he will always be behind the glass to be smashed in case of an emergency.

nöyd

Staff member
Was home with covid last week, so thought I would watch RAW but the episode (on demand) was 2 or 3 weeks old on Fox 8, even the latest episodes of raw and SD on the network were weeks old. Is watching it live the only way to catch the most recent show?

Big Pete

Referee
Was home with covid last week, so thought I would watch RAW but the episode (on demand) was 2 or 3 weeks old on Fox 8, even the latest episodes of raw and SD on the network were weeks old. Is watching it live the only way to catch the most recent show?
I didn't realise that, but yeah it appears the episodes are three weeks behind and it's only the live broadcast, or a 1 hour version at 6am on a Friday morning.

nöyd

Staff member
Logan Paul's wwe career gonna be a month long if he keeps doing spots like that, damn

shiznit

Coach
Watched summer slam with my boy who’s really taken to pro wrestling… it’s actually really fun getting back into it again… 😂

correct me if I’m wrong as I’m not up to speed with most of the stories… but I kinda don’t get the whole title picture… they gave Theory the MITB which is a fair bit perplexing but sometimes can work and then they really turned him into a footnote.

I understand not wanting to put the belt on Brock due to his limited availability… and I wonder if Cody was the original plan for Summer Slam and then Brock had to be pulled in after he blew his pec.

but if I was booking it… I would of had Brock beat Roman with Paul Heyman turning Roman and costing him the title… only for Theory to come out and then have Heyman turn on Brock and have Theory take the belt.

Then you can have a story of Paul Heyman masterminding Theory into the champ and then have him fued with Roman until either Cody is ready or they bring someone else in and then you could have Theory fued with Brock too…

bileduct

Coach

That's weird, I've been watching the episodes using On Demand and they're up to date for me. The Network has always been four weeks behind, hasn't it?

bileduct

Coach
Logan Paul's wwe career gonna be a month long if he keeps doing spots like that, damn

Man, that frogsplash through the announcers table was sick.

Dude is still a little green but light years ahead of where you'd expect him to be. He's earned the respect of a lot of people who initially watched just to see him make a fool of himself.

Jono078

Referee
Today's PPV was great and that main event is a must watch.

No other promotion can do what WWE does when they really want to put it on.

Valheru

Coach
On demand should be the most recent one.

The network is and has always been a month behind. TV rights are still the WWE's bread and butter.

Latest posts