What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-time low. Club dead soon.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Is this the lowest of the low ? Lol

comical to think staff couldn’t figure out a way to figure out who’s car it was and get it moved to a better location haha
😂

Apparently Cam George was going to pay someone $750,000 to tow it.

Doesn't this encapsulate our club and the way it's run? An all-organisation email would've sorted that out in 30 seconds as to who owned it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Far out you blokes, a light hearted story for once. Unclench 🤣
Haha! George is a knob head. But I thought my $750k towing joke deserved some love

I'd rather our officials were honest. 'Hey, we've got an underperforming team here. We aren't great, in fact we're far from where we want to be. But we think this guy can help us be what we want to be, and what our fans deserve us to be. Until then, we'll put our heads down and work hard and see where it gets us'. The end.

Blair

Coach
Our forum was like a morgue all weekend.

Just a few of us kicking about. We can only blame the Warriors for that.

Blair

Coach
I blame management.
I'd like them to be aware that 19 posts (not 19 posters, 19 posts!) on our game day thread is indeed an 'all-time low'.

We're disengaging. I hope it's not our red hot All Blacks that are distracting us!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There's just not much left to say or be hopeful about is there
Not an incredible amount...

I mean, getting back to Mt Smart next year on the regular will be a step forward, and bring hype - will be interesting to see how people turn up to the Storm game in two Friday's time.

The biggest issue for me, in this club, is development and obtaining of NRL level props. Until we can address that, we'll never be a force. We look SO threadbare for front-rowers next year. AFB obviously, Bunty is a decent fourth banana but to me is overhyped any higher, then we have nothing really. The last NRL grade prop we brought through our system and became a good FG standard with us? Ben Matulino? I think that's a glaring issue with this club, amongst other things.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh Bunty is a good club man but as an "impact player" or "cult hero" he's kind of a plodder. Not convinced he runs the ball harder than the average prop.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
tbh Bunty is a good club man but as an "impact player" or "cult hero" he's kind of a plodder. Not convinced he runs the ball harder than the average prop.
Agreed.

He's had some decent hauls this year in terms of metres gained, and does get through a bit of work defensively. I think he's a decent player, and seems like an admirable team guy. And he's definitely in our best 17. But as I said, I think he's a third/fourth prop, not 2nd behind AFB.

Sanchez

Coach
Pretty clear the coaching staff doesnt do props anymore. Middles and edge. Problem is our best edge players are our best middle players too. Curran/Harris etc

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Agreed.

He's had some decent hauls this year in terms of metres gained, and does get through a bit of work defensively. I think he's a decent player, and seems like an admirable team guy. And he's definitely in our best 17. But as I said, I think he's a third/fourth prop, not 2nd behind AFB.

I think I'm just repeating myself but I thought coming through the grades Bunty was known as a hard working "does the 1%ers" guy. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's been typecast as a poor man's Paleaaesina for no better reason than his hair and his name.

JJ

Immortal
I think I'm just repeating myself but I thought coming through the grades Bunty was known as a hard working "does the 1%ers" guy. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's been typecast as a poor man's Paleaaesina for no better reason than his hair and his name.
I think Hitro Okesene might be the mould? Everything is more spectacular when you have big hair

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, it's the hair, the name, but he does kinda run 'off the back fence' sort of style. Certainly without the haircut, the whole image wouldn't be the same. But I don't want anyone to think I don't rate him, he's NRL standard. And if he had 2 senior, high quality NRL props in front of him, he'd be gold. The mix we had with Lodge, AFB and Bunty was pretty good.

Latest posts