What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh confirms intention to remain with Warriors for next year (2023)

JJ

Immortal
Plus, on talent and money, TMM and CNK swapping for Walsh is a good outcome.
Dunno on the talent bit, CNK had one fine season but is pretty average really, same with TMM, good comeback but really has done sfa

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If anything, he's got a head start on him in the race to the bottom.

Hope he can turn it around.
I dunno about this. Kevin Locke was turning up pissed to trainings or not at all, running around doing all types of immeasurably dumb shit.

Reece Walsh has done coke (hardly the Lone Ranger in the NRL), cheated on his mrs (same, I've seen two rep forwards do it and I hardly ever go out) and bailed on a contract (again, very standard NRL practice)

Walsh most likely carries himself a lot more professionally in how he trains, generally prepares etc. He's 19, and done a couple of things most people would do if they were 19 and the hot property of the NRL. He'll be fine.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
End of the Webster press conference Devlin went hard at George about the Walsh issue and George wasn’t interested in answering the questions

Meth

Staff member
I dunno about this. Kevin Locke was turning up pissed to trainings or not at all, running around doing all types of immeasurably dumb shit.

hmmm tbh I'd either missed that (being in Christchurch at the time) or forgotten about it.

Meth

Staff member
I'm sceptical.
Misses: "I don't want to move to NZ away from my family"

Walsh: "But I signed a contract, it's only 1 year babe"

Misses: foot stamping, threats about child access, no booty calls.

Manager: ok guys here how we get out of this and I make some more money (did I say that out loud? Oops)
You can patch it all up and be happy families once the release and signing has occurred.

Misses: :)
Walsh: :)
Manager: :)

Warriors: :(

From all accounts, it wasn't quite like that.

Rich102

Staff member
Pinching your coach's car is probably not too sensible if you are planning on staying.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pinching your coach's car is probably not too sensible if you are planning on staying.
That didn’t happen in NZ, that was in the UK. As far as I know Nobby didn’t really start playing up until after he copped that nasty hip/back injury against the roosters, he kinda went off the rails on the sidelines and never really sorted himself out.

Meth

Staff member
That didn’t happen in NZ, that was in the UK. As far as I know Nobby didn’t really start playing up until after he copped that nasty hip/back injury against the roosters, he kinda went off the rails on the sidelines and never really sorted himself out.

Yeah, that was my impression too

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

He missed 2 games with that injury….

Sanchez

Coach
Keep seeing mention of TMM, has this even been confirmed yet?
Where would he even play?
With CNK, Metcalfe, Volkman and SJ, im not sure theres really a place for him. Unless our plan for the centres next year is Niukore and CNK with TMM at FB with SJ partnering Volkman and Metcalfe playing 14. Still better than this years lot i guess

Scott

Bench
Where would he even play?
With CNK, Metcalfe, Volkman and SJ, im not sure theres really a place for him. Unless our plan for the centres next year is Niukore and CNK with TMM at FB with SJ partnering Volkman and Metcalfe playing 14. Still better than this years lot i guess
Yeah, not sure where TMM would fit with that crop. I like the fact you didn't list Dylan Walker in the centres. He should be the 14.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, not sure where TMM would fit with that crop. I like the fact you didn't list Dylan Walker in the centres. He should be the 14.
ideally, but we'll likely remain in the "who's the least shit option at centre" - something the current coaches have never got right - and Walker likely to be option A there

Latest posts