What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 21/7/22

Chipmunk

Coach
Jake Arthur getting booed when he came is sad. I don’t condone it but It’s his dads fault for putting him in that position. Should not be in the team unless there was an injury to the halves
To be honest if that's the case, both Arthur's position at the club is now untenable.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Both received huge boos when their names were read prior to game time.
"LETS MAKE SOME NOISEEEEE"
The crowd sure did.
I feel for young Jake. No way is it his fault.
We're you at sterlos Bar tonight Gazza before the game.

There were too many broncos and QLD fans in there for my liking.

Chipmunk

Coach
Both received huge boos when their names were read prior to game time.
"LETS MAKE SOME NOISEEEEE"
The crowd sure did.
I feel for young Jake. No way is it his fault.
The crowd (that seemed small on the TV) booed the Coach and Jake Arthur pre-game?

Leaguenutter

Juniors
I really do feel for Parra supporters, it's got to be hard watching the fail every year come finals time. They beat the Storm & Panthers... but can't compete with the lesser sides. Surely Baldy is gone now

DaveMc

Juniors
Mahoney is so predictable. Wrong options in attack close to the line. Throws Crash balls to forwards on tackle 3 and 4 when the back halves should have it. Now is that him or is it our shit coach ? Also he can’t run the ball because he’s too f**king slow. So predictable
I nearly threw the remote through the TV tonight on about the 10th predictable, pointless crash ball that he passed.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We're you at sterlos Bar tonight Gazza before the game.

There were too many broncos and QLD fans in there for my liking.
Yep buddy. Wasnt feeling my sprightly self tonight so only had the one but sat on it for two hours.
I was really pis*ed off tonight. Got in early and got a fantastic park so I could get away quickly. Problem was BAs Eels were so sh*t, heaps left early so my speedily planned exit didnt work as well as Id hoped.
Basta*ds!

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
Yeah I totally disagree. His pass selection is mostly poor. Sorry what acceleration? The f**ker doesn’t run even off the back of a quick play the ball.
He’s not doing it to score every play. Whilst that’s best case scenario, it’s to draw in defenders and leave space out wider for the next.

It’s done quite effectively IMO.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The really sad thing about tonight was that The Broncos didnt look that much better. Our D was utter garbage.
Im glad BA thinks that this year is our best chance ever to go all the way. Im fu*ked if I know how we can do that based on what Ive seen this year. I love my footy and Ill be there again next Friday night but its very obvious our team is stagnant while other clubs are progressive. Something has to change. 2 and a bit more years of this and fans will desert in droves. 12000 last week, 11000 this week. Fans are extremel pis*ed noted by BAs booing.

lucablight

First Grade
I noticed one of the journos in the press conference asked Brad Arthur about why Gutherson was hit by a train two weeks in a row. When journos are starting to notice that then you know Alarm bells should be ringing. The Attacking structures of the Eels have been questioned by both Slater and Slater now. I noticed Angus Crichton had to hold back laughter and not say anything when asked if the Eels could throw much at them in attack last season.

Chipmunk

Coach
The really sad thing about tonight was that The Broncos didnt look that much better. Our D was utter garbage.
Im glad BA thinks that this year is our best chance ever to go all the way. Im fu*ked if I know how we can do that based on what Ive seen this year. I love my footy and Ill be there again next Friday night but its very obvious our team is stagnant while other clubs are progressive. Something has to change. 2 and a bit more years of this and fans will desert in droves. 12000 last week, 11000 this week. Fans are extremel pis*ed noted by BAs booing.
Yeah, what's going on with the crowd. 11,000 for a big supported team like the Broncos? The small crowd was very noticeable on the TV.

Chipmunk

Coach
I noticed one of the journos in the press conference asked Brad Arthur about why Gutherson was hit by a train two weeks in a row. When journos are starting to notice that then you know Alarm bells should be ringing. The Attacking structures of the Eels have been questioned by both Slater and Slater now. I noticed Angus Crichton had to hold back laughter and not say anything when asked if the Eels could throw much at them in attack last season.
Our unstructured play is awesome, probably the best in the comp now the Storm are off the boil. It's our structured attack from set starts that is atrocious though. Has been for years.

lucablight

First Grade
Our unstructured play is awesome, probably the best in the comp now the Storm are off the boil. It's our structured attack from set starts that is atrocious though. Has been for years.
Agreed. I think we play our best when we go direct and play with short passes/offloads. When we try and do set plays we rarely come away with the try

eels_fan

First Grade
I’d drop Gutho but it won’t happen,
But I’d like to see Seine for next week

Russell
Sivo
Waqa
Opacic
Cini
Brown
Moses
Paulo