What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 29/7/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I literally said during the QLD dynasty.
Well he mostly got belted during the Queensland dynasty. One series win doesn't change that.
The point was that he wasn’t considered suitable for origin
'Not suitable' is hyperbole. He was less suitable than other players.
because of some preconceived ideas and that wasn’t true. NSW were unfortunate that they came up against some of the greatest players the game has ever seen at one time.
Agreed, and maybe Farah was fortunate that his club form was good enough that he got the nod over Ennis in the one year (in a decade) NSW was able to eke together a couple of narrow wins in the same series.

TheRam

Coach
So you acknowledge all of that yet still expect us to win by 50 last night. That is the very definition of madness, mate.

Mate we were on our way to beating them even when they had 13 on the field for a second time this season, so now you are saying weren't good enough to out score them when they only had 12 men on the field and we had absolutely run them legless in the first 40?

You guys are a joke. But the unfortunate thing is the playing group have the same sentiment as you and think a win is a win and that is why we are a Jekyll and Hyde team. And even more unfortunately we have a coach that doesn't know how to change or influence their minds enough to fix that attitude.

I'm in the Smith, Thurston, Cronk camp. You and Pou and Co, are in the happy to be a plodder, never win a Premiership camp. Enjoy.

yy_cheng

Coach
One thing I don't think was mentioned was our defense in the first half

Many times our third defender got in to put the man down.

In many games, I see two of our defenders struggling to put a man down and the third guy is just watching

Against the panfers, the 3rd guy didn't hesistate and had intent in going and and bring that man down

Most panfers tackles the third man is always in and usually dragging the attacker back towards their goal line

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate we were on our way to beating them even when they had 13 on the field for a second time this season, so now you are saying weren't good enough to out score them when they only had 12 men on the field and we had absolutely run them legless in the first 40?

You guys are a joke. But the unfortunate thing is the playing group have the same sentiment as you and think a win is a win and that is why we are a Jekyll and Hyde team. And even more unfortunately we have a coach that doesn't know how to change or influence their minds enough to fix that attitude.

I'm in the Smith, Thurston, Cronk camp. You and Pou and Co, are in the happy to be a plodder, never win a Premiership camp. Enjoy.
So I'm a joke because I thought it was unlikely that we'd win against Penrith by 50? It would have been great but I don't know on what planet you were on when you thought that was a given.

....and I see you've gone to your typical insult about how I don't want to see Parra win a premiership. F**k off you f**ken stupid idiot. That's made up offensive bullshit from an absolute gibbering muppet.

....and f**k you @hindy111 as well while I am at it.

JokerEel

First Grade
So I'm a joke because I thought it was unlikely that we'd win against Penrith by 50? It would have been great but I don't know on what planet you were on when you thought that was a given.

....and I see you've gone to your typical insult about how I don't want to see Parra win a premiership. F**k off you f**ken stupid idiot. That's made up offensive bullshit from an absolute gibbering muppet.

Is that idiot still whining about a win 🤣

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One thing I don't think was mentioned was our defense in the first half

Many times our third defender got in to put the man down.

In many games, I see two of our defenders struggling to put a man down and the third guy is just watching

Against the panfers, the 3rd guy didn't hesistate and had intent in going and and bring that man down

Most panfers tackles the third man is always in and usually dragging the attacker back towards their goal line
This is the essence of chasing the collision.

hindy111

Post Whore

I'm eating a carrot for lunch. It actually taste like a carrot. Heaps of flavour. It's been in the fridge so it is quite crisp.
I can see why bugs bunny enjoyed them so much.
Have you see wizard of Oz? Is this the first movie on feminism? In that era fairytale showed women waiting to be saved by men. Dreaming for a prince to rescue them from their issues. Dorothy was a strong independent powerfull women who went on her own to solve her own problems. It really is a great story. People with young daughters should show them this film.

Peace man

TheRam

Coach

It's not so much that we didn't put 50 on them, even though the way the game was being setup for us it was more then likely possible, but the way we played in the second half against a shattered Penrith that had their jugular right there in front of us and exposed was pathetic.

Good to see you have some red hot blood in you after all. Pity you can't direct it at the actual wankers that are employed by our club that are letting all of us down.

And fu*k you too Guts even though I still love ya mate. You freakin muppet string. Not even good enough to be a muppet, you string!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm eating a carrot for lunch. It actually taste like a carrot. Heaps of flavour. It's been in the fridge so it is quite crisp.
Have you see wizard of Oz? Is this the first movie on feminism? In that era fairytale showed women waiting to be saved by men. Dreaming for a prince to rescue them from their issues. Dorothy was a strong independent powerfull women who went on her own to solve her own problems. It really is a great story. People with young daughters should show them this film.

Peace man
Carrots give me insomnia you inconsiderate merkin!

strider

Post Whore
You know what this makes you? ..... a f**king 🐰

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not so much that we didn't put 50 on them, even though the way the game was being setup for us it was more then likely possible, but the way we played in the second half against a shattered Penrith that had their jugular right there in front of us and exposed was pathetic.
They weren't shattered in the second half. They were only shattered in the first half, which is why they conceded so many points. Why would you expect them not to sort their shit out at half time? This is a team that had previously conceded 202 points in 18 games (5.6 points per 40 minutes). For them to concede 30 points in half a match was a massive failure on their behalf. It was 13% of the points they had conceded for the entire season. It was an extreme outlier, and not something anyone should've expected to occur in consecutive halves of football. I doubt they'll come close to conceding 30 points again in a full game this year.

strider

Post Whore
They weren't shattered in the second half. They were only shattered in the first half, which is why they conceded so many points. Why would you expect them not to sort their shit out at half time? This is a team that had previously conceded 202 points in 18 games (5.6 points per 40 minutes). For them to concede 30 points in half a match was a massive failure on their behalf. It was 13% of the points they had conceded for the entire season. It was an extreme outlier, and not something anyone should've expected to occur in consecutive halves of football. I doubt they'll come close to conceding 30 points again in a full game this year.
But, but ... we would have all loved it

emjaycee

Coach

Good to see you have some red hot blood in you after all. Pity you can't direct it at the actual wankers that are employed by our club that are letting all of us down.

And fu*k you too Guts even though I still love ya mate. You freakin muppet string. Not even good enough to be a muppet, you string!
According to Dylan Brown, the players didnt execute the game plan in the second half.

lucablight

First Grade
This Panthers worship is ridiculous. I don’t care how good you are. If you only score 4 points against any team with 12 men in an entire half of football then you are doing something wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This Panthers worship is ridiculous. I don’t care how good you are. If you only score 4 points against any team with 12 men in an entire half of football then you are doing something wrong.
Or just unlucky. We scored plenty of points against 12 men in the first half.