What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

randomdragon

Juniors
I am usually an optimist about things and I had hoped the club would have put in a long-term succession plan for Bud. It seems like that is not the case. I remember a response from Webby on the RedV podcast that concerned me. He was asked about Bud’s pathway to first grade being complicated with Hunt’s recent form. Webby’s response was probably too honest saying “we don’t know” but promising there would be a plan put forward eventually.

Good organising halves are hard to come by and we have one in Ben Hunt. Although I agree Amone and Bud are exciting prospects they are both eyes-up run the ball halves. That’s not to say they can’t learn to organise but that’s why it is so important we keep them together with Hunt. I hope the club can find that solution very soon.
They did put in a succession plan for bud, they just didn’t follow it themselves

TruSaint

Referee
I am usually an optimist about things and I had hoped the club would have put in a long-term succession plan for Bud. It seems like that is not the case. I remember a response from Webby on the RedV podcast that concerned me. He was asked about Bud’s pathway to first grade being complicated with Hunt’s recent form. Webby’s response was probably too honest saying “we don’t know” but promising there would be a plan put forward eventually.

Good organising halves are hard to come by and we have one in Ben Hunt. Although I agree Amone and Bud are exciting prospects they are both eyes-up run the ball halves. That’s not to say they can’t learn to organise but that’s why it is so important we keep them together with Hunt. I hope the club can find that solution very soon.

Next season , Hunt will be 33.

I like him and have always advocated for him to be our half over the years. However, he is not the future.

Time for him to move to 9 and give the halfback role to someone else.

Illusion

Bench
Next season , Hunt will be 33.

I like him and have always advocated for him to be our half over the years. However, he is not the future.

Time for him to move to 9 and give the halfback role to someone else.
This exactly, he has been good this year but the whole team is out of balance .... So just me if he won't alternate with Sully in games 9,7 and at the same time solves our 9 problem then I'd rather keep Sully .... And Hunt may have more influence in what happens with Hook also , so if his agreement to sign is on the back of Hook staying then , not for me ......

BBTB

Juniors
Move the following people on (Hunt and Sims alone would bring approx. 2m) and we will have more than enough cash to make a play for some good forwards:
Hunt
Burgess
Woods
Sims
Alvaro
Fui

Buy the best forwards available and backfill with our young up-and-coming juniors.
ALVARO already gone. Left months ago.

saintmar

Juniors
I can tell you all on good authority Bud is NOT happy with game time and wants out.
People have been getting into his ear about lack of game time.
Our dumb club is SERIOUSLY looking at releasing him despite the fact he is signed till 2025 .
All those like myself who would be furious at losing our future need to urgently call , email or text the club and vent your anger as a supporter if this was to happen.
If we have to lose Hunt so be it.
This loss of BUD in my opinion would be absolutely TRAGIC and the biggest mistake in recruitment and retention.
If this happens I personally have had enough won't be watching this kid win comps for opposition teams while we sit back and say" if only we played him"
Please voice your frustrations.

BLM01

First Grade
I can tell you all on good authority Bud is NOT happy with game time and wants out.
People have been getting into his ear about lack of game time.
Our dumb club is SERIOUSLY looking at releasing him despite the fact he is signed till 2025 .
All those like myself who would be furious at losing our future need to urgently call , email or text the club and vent your anger as a supporter if this was to happen.
If we have to lose Hunt so be it.
This loss of BUD in my opinion would be absolutely TRAGIC and the biggest mistake in recruitment and retention.
If this happens I personally have had enough won't be watching this kid win comps for opposition teams while we sit back and say" if only we played him"
Please voice your frustrations.
And who are those getting into his ear? On good authority who have you spoken too.?

I will just throw this out there.
If the club is willing to let him go (dont believe unless manager ruffling feathers) or have not played him to date they have seen enough to know he is not up to 1st grade whether it be body shape, work ethic, injury prone etc?

And who are those getting into his ear? On good authority who have you spoken too.?

I will just throw this out there.
If the club is willing to let him go (dont believe unless manager ruffling feathers) or have not played him to date they have seen enough to know he is not up to 1st grade whether it be body shape, work ethic, injury prone etc?
The next Jonathon Thurston, apparently. Some will tell you

thebigredv

First Grade
Always being injured has a bit to do with his lack of game time. What happened to him saying he is happy to bide his time before signing his last extension?

His injury issues need to be weighed up in all this that is true. If it's about money this has to be a factor.

That being said, when he was fit he wasn't given sufficient time to show his ability in fig. Once again we are hampered by a poor coaching decision.

There's a way to keep both Hunt and Sullivan in the starting 13. If it's good enough for Queensland it's got to be good enough for Dragons. With a bit of inventiveness and an ability to manage players and work to their strengths they could be a dynamic duo with Amone and Ramsey/Sloan in the spine. Instead we the fans lose out because of a coach on his last legs with his own agenda.

Illusion

Bench
The issue apparently according to some is Bud was told Hunt would not be renewed and he had a pathway to the halfback role in 2024 so he signed on.
Now that we are looking to renew Hunt for 2024 and 2025 to play halfback, Bud feels lied to and wants out.
If I was Bud I'd want out too .... unless Bud and Hunt share the 9 and 7 .....

Dragon David

First Grade
If Bud leaves it could have a snow balling effect on the other young guns including Sloan and maybe the Feagai boys. I understand that Amone has recently extended his deal with us so most probably stay on, but you never know. What in blazes is going on with this club?

James Graham sacked so he is not happy. Who is left to mentor the young ones and set up good pathways for the juniors?

blacksafake

First Grade
If Bud leaves it could have a snow balling effect on the other young guns including Sloan and maybe the Feagai boys. I understand that Amone has recently extended his deal with us so most probably stay on, but you never know. What in blazes is going on with this club?

James Graham sacked so he is not happy. Who is left to mentor the young ones and set up good pathways for the juniors?
Haven’t heard about Graham, what happened David