What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan to half Amone to 5/8 Sloan to Fullback

slippery5

Juniors
Question for you Slip

Say we didn't have Amone and in need of a 5/8. Cameron Munster and Phoenix Crossland are both available and wanting to play with the Dragons. Are you saying they should sign Crossland because he has 10+ years ahead of him?
Yep, because Munster can't tackle (but either could Thurston)
And do you have any footage of this Crossland fella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inisai Toga

Juniors
It has been said by the media, not me, but didn't Thurston trial with us first before we decided he was too small, if I recall????
No, I think we were going to give him a go. Danny Buderus I think, could be the one your referring to? could be wrong!

It has been said by the media, not me, but didn't Thurston trial with us first before we decided he was too small, if I recall????
Don't think Thurston trialled with us, mate. The big one I recall was Laurie Daley trialling with Steelers, and told he was too small and should go back to Country league for ànother year. Then a couple of weeks later, signed with the Raiders.

dragon thomo

Juniors
It will be a dark day for our club if we lose Sullivan before he gets a descent go in first grade. Griffin gave Sullivan just over a minute 2 weeks ago and then Sloane under 5 minutes left last week. If the club does not get rid of Griffin soon we will lose a lot more juniors.
Also Hunt needs to make a decision wether he is staying or going now and not bullshit the club around to who has paid him well.

Mojo

Bench
This is an incredible discussion. We have a glaring problem at hooker. We also have the QLD SOO hooker, who is the highest paid player in the Club’s history and one of the highest paid players in the game. We also have a very highly rated young halfback, with a deep playing connection with a very highly rated young 5/8 and a very talented young fullback. Hunt and Hook can do great things for this club and numerous young players simply by doing the screamingly obvious thing by agreeing to play Hunt at hooker. We’ve also got Mul coming through. FFS! Surely they’re not going to potentially fk up numerous young player‘s careers and cause huge harm for the foreseeable future by laying down virtual ransom demands to the Club that has given them such great opportunities. If we lose Sully (and possibly others) at the price of Hunt preferring halfback and supporting the careers of his old mates (McC and Hook), then I would lose all respect for him and I would fully anticipate he will finish his career with the reputation of being a mega paid wrecker instead of being a fantastic clubman who helped to set the club up for a glorious future.

Mjab

Juniors
Lots players are stars in lower grades andfor many reasons just don’t make it in nrl

Yes, never should let Robson go cows
maybe Sloan Amone and Sullivan could be same but maybe not

Sullivan is injury prone and yet to prove himself
hunt does not want to be a club 9 and so won’t be so forget that idea

yes sadly lots of our players are crap and going backwards under Hook

watching Parra tonight brown already a great player c/w Amone
Even Jake Arthur looks a more complete footballer 19 and only played a few games !!
Penisini more solid and reliable c/w Lomax

yes a lot of it is Hooks coaching and game plans
He has failed to bring these kids thru and improved them the last 18 months

The players have to take some responsibility though each week to perform and improve their games

just not happening at saints and I think a lot of desperate fans hoping for things to change with a group of young kids ALL of which have not proved themselves let’s be honest

I would rather have Jake Arthur than Amone 2 try assists , good short and long kicking game age 19 and only a few games
Amone a right foot step now 18 months first grade
I’d rather see Sullivan at 6 for rest year if he can play there to see what he offers before he asks for a release as he will if Hunt stays which he likey will

maybe I’ll be proved wrong and a lot of u guys do know more than me but just my thoughts

I'm Hornby

Juniors
All I keep reading on this and other threads is 'give the kids are run'.
Who are the kids?

I've made mention to everyone in a recent post that this season the majority of our run on side is under the age of 25.

I personally am happy that such a large portion of the team is youthful as it is.

So by the kids who do people mean? Do we mean Sloan who again as I've pointed out before has had ample chances and was given the first crack at fullback this year, but still has glaring defincies in his game?

Or do we mean Sullivan who for a half that is supposed to elude defences, has only managed to elude consistent first grade selection through constant injuries? He had a full game at half against the Broncos and couldn't manage to weight a kick or manage the game well enough at all.

There are plenty of 'kids' by that I mean players under 25 being brought through by Hook, so what else do we want?

Budpower

Juniors
This does NOT have to end in tragedy and theres still time...instead of blaming the club or Hook this decision is solely to do with Bud....as a man, as a warrior, as a player and loyal clubman of integrity, then PROVE IT PLEASE BUD! its up to YOU now to rise above the very legitimate gripe with the Club, if they did lie to you, the club and our team is bigger than those jerks up top who run it pfft! how about us FANS? who bleed, who KNOW you got it IN YOU to just have a tad more damn patience and PROVE your loyalty to both your friends in the squad AND us as fans and a club! now please go have a think about loyalty, about fun, about your combos with Amone, Sloane etc etc and about how just a LITTLE more patience may just avoid a lifelong regret and true, real, suffering and pain not only for you, but for us bleeders with the arse out of our pants who ARENT fans of the stupid jerk beuracracy or CEO or coach or idiot topcat suited heads of this poor club but are ONLY here standing through thick and thin for YEARS just for the players alone! what about us? what does football, LIFE, or The GAME itself even mean to you Bud? yes if they lied F
em! we all get stabbed in life by moneyhead beuracrat SUITED IDIOTS WHOS ONLY DESIRE IS MONEY OR TO LOOK AFTER THE OTHER HEADS WITH THIER SNOUTS IN THE TROUGH....RISE BRO! heres your chance to win us all over bigtime as no BS , be a man, for us true blood fans, And to prove your loyalty for all time! do it for US, FOR YOUR MATES, FOR LEAGUE ITSELF! mainly for YOU, if Bud cant detatch as a warrior and man now and spits the dummy like the worst kind of flip flopper goes back on his OWN WORDS of his many assurances to us fans that the Dragons as A TEAM comes first above any gripes, revenge or dummy spits at the utter imbociles up top we all loath...IF he rejects us and mighty Dragons simply for impatience or worse and more shallow still, MONEY! then Bud was NOT the man, I thought he was....I pray im wrong, I pray the media stories about Bulldogs are just that, stories, I pray that Bud IS THE WARRIOR, PLAYER AND MAN OF HONOUR , INTEGRITY, LOYALTY AND PATIENCE HE HIMSELF SAYS HE IS, i really do... it would GUT me for years after following his career so long with us, waiting just as patiently against great buffoon idiots up top execs here who cant so see his magic or combo with Junior and Sloane etc...the POTENTIAL, but it would gut me to even see Bud himself, as a man, chuck a tantrum and just for short term gain or impatience just ditch us for money! specially to go to our biggest rival and enemy! cmon Bud, RISE ABOVE PLEASE FOR US LONG LONG SUFFERING BLEEDING TRUE DRAGONS FANS WHOVE HAD YEARS AND YEARS OF UTTER PAIN ALSO FROM DECISIONS MADE BY SUITED EXECUTIVE IDIOTS! WE ARE THE CLUB, NOT THEM! US FANS AND THE PLAYERS TOGETHER, YOU ARE OUR FUTURE BROTHER PLEASE DETATCH AND DONT MAKE RASH OR ANGRY DECISIONS TO UP AND RUN , WE NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER TO EXACTLY DO THAT, REBUILD, HOOK WONT LAST LONG, YOU MIGHT LEAVE NOW, THEN REGRET LIKE CRAZY THE MOMENT THIS HOOK WRECKER OF OUR CLUB GETS DITCHED SHORTLY...ONLY TO NOT BE AROUND TO LIVE YOUR POTENTIAL AS A DRAGONS LEGEND AND SUPERSTAR, stay for US FANS BRO, the REAL ONES WHO ARE ON YOUR SIDE FIGHTING AND DYING IN THE ACTUAL TRENCHES SICK OF ALL THE EXECUTIVE BS ALSO...ITS UP TO THE PLAYERS TO STAY LOYAL, TO BE PATIENT, TO OUT STAY IDIOT COACHES, AND CLUELESS EXECUTIVES, THEN ONTO VICTORY AND TO LIVE YOUR DREAM, thats a REAL WARRIOR! real old school legend stuff, thats what the GAME IS ALL ABOUT, TRUE LOYALTY, thats also called being an adult and rolling with the punches and bad decisions that dont go your way, show us your character brother and get revenge by OUTSTAYING WRECKER HOOK, and ONWARDS TO WHY YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAME, WHAT ITS ALL EVEN ABOUT,winning with your brothers ! for YOU, as a DRAGON, youd hate to be seen in that Blue Bulldogs strip eeewww! what a hollow feeling winning ANYTHING with them, BREATH FIRE BRO! Your a DRAGON THROUGH AND THROUGH ARENT YOU!!????

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
This is an incredible discussion. We have a glaring problem at hooker. We also have the QLD SOO hooker, who is the highest paid player in the Club’s history and one of the highest paid players in the game. We also have a very highly rated young halfback, with a deep playing connection with a very highly rated young 5/8 and a very talented young fullback. Hunt and Hook can do great things for this club and numerous young players simply by doing the screamingly obvious thing by agreeing to play Hunt at hooker. We’ve also got Mul coming through. FFS! Surely they’re not going to potentially fk up numerous young player‘s careers and cause huge harm for the foreseeable future by laying down virtual ransom demands to the Club that has given them such great opportunities. If we lose Sully (and possibly others) at the price of Hunt preferring halfback and supporting the careers of his old mates (McC and Hook), then I would lose all respect for him and I would fully anticipate he will finish his career with the reputation of being a mega paid wrecker instead of being a fantastic clubman who helped to set the club up for a glorious future.
Well said Mojo. I think if the club doesn't sort out the Hunt/Hook connection with Hunt moving to 9 and Sullivan decides to go to whomever his Agent can get a club who will put him in their first grade to sign up with, then this could result in some other young guns wanting to leave.

slippery5

Juniors
Perfectly said, No further discussion needed.

saintmar

Juniors
Lots players are stars in lower grades andfor many reasons just don’t make it in nrl

Yes, never should let Robson go cows
maybe Sloan Amone and Sullivan could be same but maybe not

Sullivan is injury prone and yet to prove himself
hunt does not want to be a club 9 and so won’t be so forget that idea

y
Simple solution
Get rid of Hunt
But unfortunately NO ONE else wants him.

Latest posts