What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Manly v Parra GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park 5/8/22

84 Baby

Referee
Waqa and Peni are gonna have a lot of traffic coming their way against Souths...
I’d consider switching Papali’i and Jrthur. Make Souths try and cut back rather than go around. Waqa and Penisini’s sliding was serviceable but the line ended up too passive any time Manly went left

strider

Post Whore
One thing i noticed on that troublesome defensive edge .... first half was mostly bad decisions and slow reactions .... 2nd half they had obviously got a talking to and were quicker to slide out. But Manly constantly ran a decoy who obstructed inside defenders from getting across. If you made the bunker rule on every play it would/should have been a penaltyathon. But no merkin actually knocked anyone over, just never had a clear path.

JokerEel

Coach
settle on down champ. You come across angry. Let’s not get carried away. He had a good second half setting up two tries, Great pass and short kick. His first half was terrible, he is very very slow and predictable just like a sloth. Kicking was average, some inside passes were straight out of nursing home special , you could see it coming from a mile away. Nobody wants the kid to fail most on here were angered with the booing and felt sorry for him.

physically I thought he would have filed out a little
More by now. He’s still a skinny twig
Not angry happy we won and wankers on here have to pretend to like JA till we lose again..

He may come out next week and play like he did in the first half. But I won't be crucifying him unlike wankers like yourself.

But like I said during the game people whinged when he put a cross field kick to Saab but didn't when Brown did the same in the first half...

Blake coming in over and over again in the first half missed 3 tackles but it's JAs fault but earlier in the season when he does it people blame Blake.😂

Soto

Bench
I think Waqa has cemented his position as a winger. He gets so much more involved and his tough carries at the back are up there with To’o’s.

We also look so much better defensively on that edge with Opa out there. I’m afraid Simmonsen is surplus so hopefully he’s not costing us too much.

Simonnsen provides very good depth.
Probably better suited to fullback.
If Waqa stays wing we need to find a new left centre next yr with Opa moving on.
Can never question Opa's efforts.
Always seems to be able to be in the right place to also score a try.
I really do hope the parra faithful are there in numbers on Fri night. I'm already looking forward to it

IFR33K

Coach
Yes and soufs loves that spread to their left.
Smash that grub Walker and Latrell

both manly and south’s have exposed us like Portuguese chicken in recent times.

South’s iirc have scored roughly an average of 38 points against us in recent games. We really need to fix our edge quick smart

Soto

Bench

South’s iirc have scored roughly an average of 38 points against us in recent games. We really need to fix our edge quick smart
I think we need to rush them and cut their time. Guth needs to be ready for a kick in behind the line.
Manly looked more dangerous when Dylan Walker came on and started playing effectively as another half.
If our energy is on we will be hard to beat.
Also always great seeing that sooky, whiney DCE face

IFR33K

Coach
I basicaly said it first game back he looks sharp.

Lane is probably in the top 3 ball playing 2nd rowers going around.
I seen his first pre season trial amd called it. I'm sure everyone remembers. My judgement is egeale eyed

Not sure many have questioned lanes ability or skill set. It’s his brain explosions that gives away penalties or six agains, or worse his consistent laziness. If he fixes those deficiencies he’s just as valuable to our team like any other edge forward to their team.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Win next week there really is no one we should worry about it for the rest of the season. Apart from ourselves and what attitude we bring.

Souths are the one side we just haven't handled since 2017 so its the last true bogey side so to speak to remove before the finals.

We have all other teams covered if we bring our A game and attitude.

Latest posts