What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blocker

Big Bloke

Juniors
Thought I'd put up a separate threat on Blocker as the Dragons match thread was in danger of being hijacked about Blocker, Hadley and Fulton.

I don't mind Blocker, I'm a big unit like him and I do find him amusing sometimes. Yes, as a commentator he can be a bit below par but I do enjoy listening to him go through the games on the Big Sports Breakfast with Middleton and Daley each Thursday.

With one exception though. I absolutely hate how they go off in tangents about the most ridiculous subjects while previewing the games. They start off saying plenty about the first 3-4 games and then find they've only got 4-5 minutes left to discuss the last four. Absolutely does my head in. Today they were talking about fruit, Daley's trip to Junee and the schoolboys carnival, blokes playing in bare feet 30-40 years ago and, wait for it, the sex life of sea turtles.

This is first world problems of course but I feel like driving to the studio some days and bashing their heads together and to tell them to get on with it!!!!

King Ben

Juniors
Try listening to Triple M's commentary - 90% discussing corporate events and personal sponsors, 10% actual game commentary

DJDL

Bench
I’m with you, Coolio. Used to love listening to Talkin’ Sport. Although Tunksy almost makes me look forward to listening to Blocker. Almost. Gav Robbo’s the man.

And ABC Grandstand is all I’ll listen to for live calls. Game, set, bingo!!!

I’m with you, Coolio. Used to love listening to Talkin’ Sport. Although Tunksy almost makes me look forward to listening to Blocker. Almost. Gav Robbo’s the man.

And ABC Grandstand is all I’ll listen to for live calls. Game, set, bingo!!!
How is Gavin Robertson travelling these days, knew he had a brain tumour a few years ago, he got through that ok?

DJDL

Bench
From what I can tell @Cheese sandwich.
I left Oz a year or so ago and, prior to that, worked a job which pretty much precluded me from listening in, save for the odd occasion.

So I haven't really heard it for a couple of years.

From what I remember, last I was listening, he was back on the air occasionally and easing back into it. I think the prognosis was fairly optimistic after the early reports.

@coolumsharkie might know more.

Eion

First Grade
I enjoy it, it's the only RL topical program on open radio. Each to his own.
Haha fair enough mate. SEN radio has some good footy stuff now + some podcasts.

The amount of times those blokes say ‘no I didn’t see the game’ is ridiculous. For a sports show Graham and Tunksy literally only watch dogs games.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have you tried SEN yet mate?
I'm pretty sure its up there on radio.
It's pretty good, and my go to.

Is it Monday when Brandy and Cam Smith are on together? That's going to go off after Brandy blamed the Storm for hip drops, chicken wings, cannonballs, crushers and whatever else the other day. Cammy not a happy chappy

Is it Monday when Brandy and Cam Smith are on together? That's going to go off after Brandy blamed the Storm for hip drops, chicken wings, cannonballs, crushers and whatever else the other day. Cammy not a happy chappy
Brandy probably getting one back on Smith after the origin cheerleading wank in the commentary box.

I didnt know they were on together, I only listen from midday onwards

carinashark

First Grade
I stopped watching these shows after 2016. But my all time favourite sports show was ….
‘This Sporting Life’ with Roy and HG Nelson. The radio one.
The way they took the pizz out of Horse Racing was the best.
Watmough = Sponge Bob ,plus’s many more.
The Brick = Glen Lazrous.

Latest posts