What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

bileduct

Coach
That is Ricky's side of it.

At the same age, I hated my neighbours. The whole family copped shit, it stemmed from the middle son being a dick

That is why 12 year olds do but the parents would of thought it was just me being a knob. In reality the son was as bad.

It is why Ricky is in the wrong here, many ways to deal with it much better ways

Nobody is arguing that Ricky was right to use the platform of the NRL to air his grievances against Salmon.

The fact is that nobody in here knows what Salmon did to Ricky's kids, so people should probably stop pretending that they do.

Floodwaters

Juniors
Doesn’t matter what he said or done or even his age tbh .
At end of the day a media conference for your employer you don’t go slamming people personally in that fashion . Long suspension warranted when you factor age of salmon at the token, how long ago , unprompted attack , position of authority held by being coach compared to a young player not established on first grade

I guarantee had raiders won he wouldn’t have said that

His not the best loser, his had 2 pressers this year that went 1 minute and he walked out lol

BxTom

Bench
You are also assuming that whatever Jayden did at the time was horrible and not in any way brought on by Ricky’s kid (who had the misfortune of being raised by Ricky). Ricky is a fantasist; you just need to listen to his press conferences to see. I’d bet whatever Salmon is alleged to have done was a) probably nowhere near as bad as it has grown to be in Ricky’s head and b) potentially the result of both boys behaviour all those years ago.
I'd say that most of the problem was that Stickly thought he could lay in to a 12 year old only to find that Salmon senior stepped in. Bullies like Stuart hate being put in their place.

I'd say that most of the problem was that Stickly thought he could lay in to a 12 year old only to find that Salmon senior stepped in. Bullies like Stuart hate being put in their place.
Salmon does seem like a bit of a dickhead with his kicking antics and should have been called out.

Ricky went too far, but he’s often backed up for the disabled etc and he’s done a lot of good things for players. Hes bit his tongue many times.

He’s been a godsend for the likes of Adam Elliot.

I like him and I think he’s a pretty good coach.

gerg

Juniors
Nobody is arguing that Ricky was right to use the platform of the NRL to air his grievances against Salmon.

The fact is that nobody in here knows what Salmon did to Ricky's kids, so people should probably stop pretending that they do.

And that is precisely what Stuart and his media buddies want. They insinuate... again ... how awful the kid is but refuse to divulge what actually occurred which denies the Salmon family the right of reply and denies the public from forming their own opinion with all facts/opinions on the table.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Salmon does seem like a bit of a dickhead with his kicking antics and should have been called out.
I think the crux of it for me is this. I didn't and still don't think Salmon actually did a nut shot on purpose hence why I think Stuart is cooked for going down the WGDP line.

But other people seem to think it was a definite dog act and hence they can sympathize a bit with Ricky.

Like for me out of salmon and Stuart, Stuart comes across as the dickhead more.

Iamback

Coach

No one is saying they do know. The question is short of committing a crime, His outburst is over the top

Iamback

Coach
I think the crux of it for me is this. I didn't and still don't think Salmon actually did a nut shot on purpose hence why I think Stuart is cooked for going down the WGDP line.

But other people seem to think it was a definite dog act and hence they can sympathize a bit with Ricky.

Like for me out of salmon and Stuart, Stuart comes across as the dickhead more.

Even if so, It is a huge jump from saying it was a dog act to the player has always been a dog from a kid

myrrh ken

First Grade
That's the only part of it. Hurt feelings.

They're gonna get hurt again when the judge tosses the case out of court for failing to meet the serious harm threshold.

Hey qc, its serious harm to the reputation.

Its like youve never read up on defamation before

Honestly anyone defending what Ricky said needs their head examined .

regardless of what Salmon said or did as a 10 year old , there’s really no excuse for Stuart’s description of him in a press conference.

If Salmon didn’t kick starling would Stuart have mentioned any of this ? From what Stuart says it’s been a huge issue for him and his family….. what ? was he waiting to unleash it next time ?

Stuart is full of shit , there’s no justification for his comments

‘Paul Kent’s reasoning was laughable and it’s an actual disgrace he’s employed to cover the nrl , when it comes to Stuart , hes so far up him they are almost the same person .

a 20k fine and 1 match suspension is absolutely no punishment at all if that’s what he gets