What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

bileduct

Coach
Seeing as being called a dog in Australia is not exactly a compliment , let’s say Stuart called one the following Aussie insults
A. Weak gutted fairy
B . Weak gutted nice person
C. Weak gutted tosser
D. Weak gutted nonce
E. Weak gutted sus merkin
F. Weak gutted gronk
G. Weak gutted flog

Any of those cause a different result ?
Id say A&B would be cause for dismissal

Lift your game Sticky …..

nice person - poo F

D would have ended up with an actual defamation lawsuit.

I'm in my early 50s. When I was around 7-8 years old I got into an incident with a neighborhood kid who lived across the road from me. Being as immature as I was, I called him names and threw some small roicks at him. In response he wound up almost breaking my shoulder by hitting me with a large slab of broken concrete.

When may Father heard me screaming in pain, and I told him what happened, he went over the road and spoke to the neighbour's Father. When he came back, I got into trouble for the name calling and the stone throwing, whilst my neighbour got into trouble too.

In the some 35 years after the event until my Father passed away, the incident was never mentioned again. My Father certainly didn't bring it up in public, or private, to castigate the other kid for his role in what happened.

My Father was no less passionate or protective of his kids. However he showed something called wisdom and common sense. Maybe Mr Stuart might take heed of that.

Incorrect

Coach
His obviously targeted Rickys autistic daughter in a hurtful or malicious manner but as a 12 year old which me personally although not good doesn't define him as a person now.
This is the thing though - was that really what happened, did Salmon really target Stuart's special needs daughter in some verbal tirade 12 years ago? Or are we all just being led to that conclusion by what the likes of Kent is saying - "I can't reveal what was said, about whom and by whom, but boy oh boy, if you know what I know, you'd all be on Sticky's side trust me"....

Utter horseshit. Without actually saying anything factual about the incident from over a decade ago and only alluding to it, they're further sullying Salmon's name by inferring the the adolescent crossed the boundary in a manner that an overwhelming percentage of the population would find reprehensible and unforgivable.

Essentially, Sticky has labelled Salmon a weak gutted dog in a public forum. Then when the heat came on him, he feigned regret while at the same time talking to his lickspittle Paul Kent who in turn pipes up, again inferring only, that Salmon (as a 12 year old mind you) has said something heinous about Sticky's daughter. That's the conclusion Sticky and Kent know people will jump to because of Stick's daughters condition.

Sticky says he's protecting his family. He dug this shit up from the past and created this spotlight. If there's damage being done to his family now, it ain't Salmon that's causing it. If someone's got a mirror handy perhaps they could lend it to Sticky so he knows who brought the spotlight on his family since Saturday night.

Generalzod

Immortal
This is the thing though - was that really what happened, did Salmon really target Stuart's special needs daughter in some verbal tirade 12 years ago? Or are we all just being led to that conclusion by what the likes of Kent is saying - "I can't reveal what was said, about whom and by whom, but boy oh boy, if you know what I know, you'd all be on Sticky's side trust me"....

Utter horseshit. Without actually saying anything factual about the incident from over a decade ago and only alluding to it, they're further sullying Salmon's name by inferring the the adolescent crossed the boundary in a manner that an overwhelming percentage of the population would find reprehensible and unforgivable.

Essentially, Sticky has labelled Salmon a weak gutted dog in a public forum. Then when the heat came on him, he feigned regret while at the same time talking to his lickspittle Paul Kent who in turn pipes up, again inferring only, that Salmon (as a 12 year old mind you) has said something heinous about Sticky's daughter. That's the conclusion Sticky and Kent know people will jump to because of Stick's daughters condition.

Sticky says he's protecting his family. He dug this shit up from the past and created this spotlight. If there's damage being done to his family now, it ain't Salmon that's causing it. If someone's got a mirror handy perhaps they could lend it to Sticky so he knows who brought the spotlight on his family since Saturday night.
When did all this occur is it when he was coaching Cronulla??????

xe_kilroy

Juniors
My stance on this all ...

Salmon is a weak gutted dog for a) kicking a player in the groin, and b) for allegedly doing whatever he allegedly did as a 12 yo to Stuart's kid/s that made him remember it for so long.

Stuart is a weak gutted dog for a) using a post-game PC to inappropriately call out a player over a private matter, b) over a matter when that player was merely a 12 yo, c) for not taking action 12 years ago by pulling Salmon's parents aside and having a chat, d) for being typical Stuart who blames everything and everyone else whenever he loses a game, e) for leaning on his media buddies to defend him and make insinuations.

Kent is a weak gutted dog for a) years now compromising journalistic integrity to defend Stuart at all cost, and b) for writing that stupid article where he brought Mark Geyer and his daughter into it, and c) attempting to dismiss the NRLs punishment as a conspiracy to start precedence of suspending coaches for post-game comments about refereeing when clearly the NRL has said it was for private matters aired in a public forum and workplace environment.

The NRL is a weak gutted dog for a) fining Ricky $25k and b) suspending him for 7 days, and c) if they really do have an agenda to start a precedent of coach suspensions over referee comments.

GongPanther

Referee
It is curious to me that the events that led to him holding grudge were considered significant enough that reportedly the details wont be in the written report
Make of that what you will

Which to be clear, is not to excuse Stuart's actions at all. They were absolutely unacceptable and he's gotten off very lightly IMO. And if it were up to me the club should have sacked him (as much for this as being a generally shitty coach) and moved on. But it is curious.
I wonder what his playing group are going to collectively make of this? The next 4 rounds will be interesting.

GongPanther

Referee

In case you had the desire to watch a bunch of jabbering sycophants bark at each other.

Makes me laugh. Makes me pity them.

And I still can't conjure up in my mind what Salmon could have said that, to Kent, would swiftly change public perception if it was revealed. I cannot imagine what an 11-12 year old said that could be bad enough to allow Ricky Stuart calling him a weak gutted dog 12 years on to seem like a rational decision.
Kent telling NRL fans to "piss off"? Yea, that'll go down well like a lead balloon.

Black Diamond

Juniors
You need to learn how to follow a conversation mate, because I've never once said that Ricky was right to air any grievance about Salmon in the way he did at an NRL press conference, including just calling him a weak gutted dog person just for the deliberate kick on Starling.

However as nobody in here actually knows what happened between the Salmon and Stuart families nobody has the moral authority to say that Stuart has no right to still have a grievance about it 10 years later.

It's a weird argument being made by the same people who are all like "hey man, my friends and I used to call each other spastics all the time, so I don't know why Ricky is upset about that!"
No mate, you need to follow the conversation. I never said you said you agreed with what Ricky said, I was offering a point of view. Al ittle defensive there...mate.

Latest posts