What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. I see the circus is back in town.

Quigs

Immortal
Fair Dinkum this is way past a joke.

Fools and their hard earned are easily parted. The only thing missing from this is Choc Mundane.

Gal will fight BOTH Justin Hodges and Ben Hannant on the same night!

Gal the league playing Shark will always be a legend. Gal and boxing, well he is scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Put him in a sideshow boxing tent at the Easter Show ....... PLEASE !!!!

I happened to hear about this bout on SEN on the way home, they were interviewing Georgie Rose, the promoter.
He said that they couldn't have it in NSW as it would never be sanctioned, but Qld will let anything go on.
A promoters dream having the two Qlders up against Gal in Qld.

bluefox68

Staff member
I happened to hear about this bout on SEN on the way home, they were interviewing Georgie Rose, the promoter.
He said that they couldn't have it in NSW as it would never be sanctioned, but Qld will let anything go on.
A promoters dream having the two Qlders up against Gal in Qld.
Now I would just love to see him beat both of them!!!!

What happens if he loses the first fight?
Hopefully he will hang up his gloves after taking a shiteload of money off of a shiteload of Queenslanders paying to see their clowns perform at the circus. They might all even Buy him beers to show what great winners they are, cause they're not very good losers .. Get run out of town if he wins.

Last edited:

carinashark

First Grade
Is this the first time Gal has fought two players at the same time in the same ring Quigs?
Will Hodges be allowed to wear his knee brace?
Can Hannant fight, first fight?
A night of firsts!

ghoti

Bench
So funny.. Australian boxing needs to give up on the gloves and get all these ex-leaguies into pro wrestling and get all their promotional fantasies out of their system... Gal in a retirement gauntlet match vs the entirety of the 2013 QLD origin side..

Quigs

Immortal
It is just an embarrassing joke to me. Honestly why bother. If you have the desire to rip off as many dumb arse paying punters as you can why not sell snake oil medicine or get that shyster that's been binned that many times for selling f**ked up ideas like the green tea diet on board.

The boxer Gal should start pushing f**king non stick fry pans.

I can never hate the legend league player but the other Gal side is fast on the slide for me.

Saddest aspect for mine, is that Gallen proved his toughness and athleticism to be a credible opponent in professional boxing. While he put up a good show, he couldn't get past the top, young ,up and coming professional's, now, so all this stuff is just a circus.
Must be some jokes about three ring circus, 2 headed Qlds punched around the ring etc . But even the jokes are over the hill. Maybe they could get Ric Flair, to come out of retirement and partner Gal to turn it into some sort of WWE type tag team event.

Quigs

Immortal
I am past thinking it is $$$$$ for Gal. Post league he is just turning into a dodgey 2nd hand car dealer now with this ONGOING bullshit.

A wise man once told me that the best way to exist is to be able to sleep at night when your head hits the pillow.

azzah72

Bench
I think initially he did quite a bit for raising the profile of Australian boxing, giving some upstarts a place on the card and genuinely got people a bit more interested in it again but this is silly.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I just hope for his family he gets through the fight, if that’s what you call it, unscathed.
If it’s for money alone, he has massive problems

Frenzy.

Immortal
This whole thread is sooooooo over reactive. Sounds more like people are more worried about being embarrassed themselves if he loses. You know, as Sharks fans.

There's no way Gal will feel he is embarrassing himself.