What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Western Sydney Balmain Magpie Tigers

eddiesmith

Juniors
As much as the commentators harped on and on and on about our soft draw, the Tigers beat the Cows a couple of weeks back…

But beat Manly and we should get 2nd as Cows will surely lose at least one of their last 2 games, huge game for our season.

shaggs

Coach
19 errors last week.
7 this week

42 missed tackles is a bit too many.

With all the changes the attack was a bit clunky, but all the “fill-ins” did their jobs.

All backs except Trindall over 100 metres.
In the forwards only dale Royce and cam over 100 metres.

We looked a million bucks running in pairs at the start.

Frenzy.

Immortal
19 errors last week.
7 this week

42 missed tackles is a bit too many.

With all the changes the attack was a bit clunky, but all the “fill-ins” did their jobs.

All backs except Trindall over 100 metres.
In the forwards only dale Royce and cam over 100 metres.

We looked a million bucks running in pairs at the start.

Did you look at the runs though? Backs had probably double the runs.

Our backs are the draft horses

Our forwards play impact offence and red zone offence. From kickoffs once they get to 40-50 out the backs take over. From kick returns the backs can often take 5 tackles before s kick. Most teams do this but ours are very good at it.

shaggs

Coach
Did you look at the runs though? Backs had probably double the runs.

Our backs are the draft horses

Our forwards play impact offence and red zone offence. From kickoffs once they get to 40-50 out the backs take over. From kick returns the backs can often take 5 tackles before s kick. Most teams do this but ours are very good at it.
Yes of course.

I was trying to allay everyone’s fears that we might not have had the go forward we usually do.

Guys came in, did what was needed and that’s it

SharkShocked

Bench
Anyone else noticed the emerging narrative lately in the press before/after about the sharks ruck?

Don't know who's driving it, but there's an agenda floating out there at the moment that we are getting away with murder in the ruck.

Anyone else noticed the emerging narrative lately in the press before/after about the sharks ruck?

Don't know who's driving it, but there's an agenda floating out there at the moment that we are getting away with murder in the ruck.
Hopefully that narrative is about as successful as trying to stop Melbourne slowing play down, was obvious to everyone but they still manage to do it successfully all these years later.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Ordinary second half, we took the foot off the pedal again.
But with the players we have injured, we are doing OK.

I wish Nicho would square up & start playing straighter more often - this run sideways, then prop & cut back the other way stuff disrupts our flow, and leaves the outside runners stranded. This is part of why we look clunky sometimes.

Loved the inside ball from Dale to Dykes for that line break - did you see Dale saying well done afterwards ? They tried to set up a similar move a couple of times again with less luck. Dykes is supporting up the middle really well - but like others have said, the backline sweeps aren't really happening yet with Dykes.

Weaponhead

Coach
There was one sweep play with Dykes hitting Nikora as lead runner. The sweep will take a bit of time as it relies on timing and coordination of everyone in the movement.

The line break from the inside ball off DF was quality. Backing up through the middle is a great trait for a fullback.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Shinazzi and someone (might have been Riccio) talking on Sharkcast is the first place I heard it. Stats are kept on it and SS was going to get them and speak about them on the cast. Reckons the Sharks have "improved" a lot in that area. I think it's accurate.

Sharks have finished with fastest play the balls in 13 of their 21 games.

It's not really an agenda. Just a realisation of facts being talked about. The Sharks do it really "well" and quite deliberately in their own 20. That's why there has been sin bins.

It's also semi final time. All sorts of shit will be said against all clubs to try and sway officiating.

What hasn't been noticed is how the Sharks get off really quickly when the other side is tired and still getting onside.

Sidenote. The Tigers did a job on Trindall inside their 20 last night. His PTB speed was possibly an NRL record for slowness. 7.92 seconds according to NRL.com. May be a typo I suppose because that unheard of.

Grain of salt stuff IMO

SharkShocked

Bench
Shinazzi and someone (might have been Riccio) talking on Sharkcast is the first place I heard it. Stats are kept on it and SS was going to get them and speak about them on the cast. Reckons the Sharks have "improved" a lot in that area. I think it's accurate.

Sharks have finished with fastest play the balls in 13 of their 21 games.

It's not really an agenda. Just a realisation of facts being talked about. The Sharks do it really "well" and quite deliberately in their own 20. That's why there has been sin bins.

It's also semi final time. All sorts of shit will be said against all clubs to try and sway officiating.

What hasn't been noticed is how the Sharks get off really quickly when the other side is tired and still getting onside.

Sidenote. The Tigers did a job on Trindall inside their 20 last night. His PTB speed was possibly an NRL record for slowness. 7.92 seconds according to NRL.com. May be a typo I suppose because that unheard of.

Grain of salt stuff IMO
This was what I thought it sounded like. Has come from multiple different journos in the pressers recently. Not a coincidence.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes of course.

I was trying to allay everyone’s fears that we might not have had the go forward we usually do.

Guys came in, did what was needed and that’s it

Yeah I got it. I was just pressing my point that the backs are the draft horses in Fitzball.

I'd like to see a stat on crash plays. Sharks seem to resort to them a lot under pressure when they may be better off going out the back. Rushing defences really cramp the style and in recent games against Penrith, Dragons, Wests they rushed us and put the whole offence out of sync. Storm in first game and Broncos also did it. Remember the job they Broncs did on Sifa.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There was one sweep play with Dykes hitting Nikora as lead runner. The sweep will take a bit of time as it relies on timing and coordination of everyone in the movement.

The line break from the inside ball off DF was quality. Backing up through the middle is a great trait for a fullback.

Yeah, there weren't any last week either and it's clear 3G Shark is being used differently. He was firmly parked in the middle behind the ruck most of last night's game. He made that break, he backed up in the guts to score, he was trailing TPP and Roy Sunt without getting ball but was there.

He threw one bullet of a pass to Ramien which put Noodles under immense pressure but the pass was so pure Ramien probably couldn't have dropped it.

Latest posts