What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Girds89

Bench
I know the tigers are avg.... but seriously, garner is rubbish.

I hope theres another plan in place cause hes shit

Iamback

Coach
Tago had zero experience at centre and is already better than critta.

May had zero experience but has been better than too this year.

Burton had no experience at centre but dominated.

Jenkins is dominating in cup..hes ready.

Im all for keeping critta and too but no way they get an increase. No one is making critta out to be bad. Hes a very good defensive centre. But hes nowhere near latrell, turbo, manu, at centre. Kotoni staggs is so far in front of him. Its not hating on him its just what it is.

Stats mean nothing.. only have to watch the chooks and you see manu is just 3 notches above.

The issue we are going to have is tago is going to need a big increase eventually. Tiny too.

Tago is better than critta and is a few years younger and on waaay less.

I love critta and too, i really do. But if i was in charge id be letting staines, too, critta walk..

Free up well over a mill and you can maybe jag a gun 2nd rower or 9 to replace the two best in the game.

For me im ok with the luke kenny rotation. Luke has genuine attacking skills. Its hes longevity and defence which is the issue.

Next year if i had my way id let critta and staines go. Free up a mill and id be looking at this-

Edwards
Tiny/turuva
Tago
Tiny/Jenkins
Too
Luai
Cleary
Fish
Luke
Leota
Martin
A gun 2nd rower
Yeo

Kenny
Sorensen
Spencer
Eiso

Angus critchon is still unsigned i think. Chooks have serious cap issues. They wont be able to throw him hige coin. Hes a gun. Could bring in him and a billy burns for under a mil.

Then your forwards and bench looks like

Fish
Luke
Leota
Martin
Critchon
Yeo

Kenny
Sorensen
Spencer/eiso
Burns

Much stronger than what we will run with atm which is

Fish
Luke/kenny
Leota
Martin
Garner
Yeo

Kenny/luke
Sorensen
Spencer
Eiso/???

Geyers nowhere near ready or maybe not ever
Lisati isnt ready...
No one else ready.

Apples v Oranges comparison

Compare both those to when To'o and Crichton were on their dominate left side

In what way is Staggs better? That is the benchmark money wise for what Critter is worth. Matches the experience and playing ability

I know people like to talk up our juniors but that is just nonsense.
We don't win the comp this year if we miss any of our outside backs, The depth is good but not good enough to be in an elite team.

Angus Crichton is going no where and the pool of NRL standard centres is even lower.

We need to keep it how it is. Play Turuva centre in NSW Cup, Get Jenkins/May some time in NRL at centre. Hopefully they become viable options where we are in the position to sign one as cheaper options moving forward

Girds89

Bench
Apples v Oranges comparison

Compare both those to when To'o and Crichton were on their dominate left side

In what way is Staggs better? That is the benchmark money wise for what Critter is worth. Matches the experience and playing ability

I know people like to talk up our juniors but that is just nonsense.
We don't win the comp this year if we miss any of our outside backs, The depth is good but not good enough to be in an elite team.

Angus Crichton is going no where and the pool of NRL standard centres is even lower.

We need to keep it how it is. Play Turuva centre in NSW Cup, Get Jenkins/May some time in NRL at centre. Hopefully they become viable options where we are in the position to sign one as cheaper options moving forward
Mate staggs can beat a man one on one easy... he showed that against us this year.

When has critta really burned anyone one on one??

Its not nonsense at all...

It may be nonsense to you but you have doubted the guys this year who have kicked on!!! Like i said you doubted tago all year now hes owning critta.

Wouldnt matter what side tago was on either. You can just see he has that next level ability.

Jenkins is ready. Top try scorer or thereabouts in cup. Is a strong defender and a strong ball runner.

The only back that hadnt come in and killed it straight away over the kast few yesrs is staines.

Too
Critta
Tago
May

Have all killed it from the get go.

Turuva in his first full nrl game was our top tackle breaker and run meters.

Id back jenkins to do well.

We need 2md rowers.

I have faith in our backs depth. 2md row is the issue.

Did u watch garner tonight... hes shit.

Martins been avg this year.

Im haooy to keep too and critta but they arent worth breaking the bank for.

Brians a 450 player. Critta is a 600k.

Id back lomax to do what critta does in our system for 100k less. Bit of good coaching and lomax is just the same as critta. Thats the kevel he is.

Hes so far below the elite centres. I dont care his age. Latrell, turbo, manu all were dominating wherever at crittas age

Smug Panther

First Grade
Mate staggs can beat a man one on one easy... he showed that against us this year.

It may be nonsense to you but you have doubted the guys this year who have kicked on!!! Like i said you doubted tago all year now hes owning critta.

Wouldnt matter what side tago was on either. You can just see he has that next level ability.

Jenkins is ready. Top try scorer or thereabouts in cup. Is a strong defender and a strong ball runner.

The only back that hadnt come in and killed it straight away over the kast few yesrs is staines.

Too
Critta
Tago
May

We need 2md rowers.

Id back lomax to do what critta does in our system for 100k less. Bit of good coaching and lomax is just the same as critta. Thats the kevel he is.

Hes so far below the elite centres. I dont care his age. Latrell, turbo, manu all were dominating wherever at crittas age
Mostly agree with a lot of your points on the subject but Lomax is a terrible footballer

Iamback

Coach

Too
Critta
Tago
May

We need 2md rowers.

Staggs has 9 runs a game
Critter 13
Staggs ave 98m a game
Critter 123
Staggs 77% tackle
Critter 78%
Staggs made 23 errors
Critter made 13
Staggs conceded 5 penalties
Critter 2
Staggs scored 5 tries
Critter 10

So yep Staggs can burn a defender, he doesn't do the hard stuff. We work better with the back 5 having a high involvement

None of those guys came in as the only option though. There is no way a side pushing to win premierships goes with rookies.

Say Crichton goes, We almost certainly go and get say a centre for $400k instead of $700k

I don't think we will replace Jennings externally, So it gives a chance across the next couple of seasons for them to build up to proving they are capable.

I watched Garner, Did you watch Leilua since going to a team that is playing for something?

I wouldn't read to much into him yet, Sorensen and Capewell weren't even playing regular FG when we got them

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Staggs has 9 runs a game
Critter 13
Staggs ave 98m a game
Critter 123
Staggs 77% tackle
Critter 78%
Staggs made 23 errors
Critter made 13
Staggs conceded 5 penalties
Critter 2
Staggs scored 5 tries
Critter 10

So yep Staggs can burn a defender, he doesn't do the hard stuff. We work better with the back 5 having a high involvement

None of those guys came in as the only option though. There is no way a side pushing to win premierships goes with rookies.

Say Crichton goes, We almost certainly go and get say a centre for $400k instead of $700k

I don't think we will replace Jennings externally, So it gives a chance across the next couple of seasons for them to build up to proving they are capable.

I watched Garner, Did you watch Leilua since going to a team that is playing for something?

I wouldn't read to much into him yet, Sorensen and Capewell weren't even playing regular FG when we got them
Stats really only show so much. Its evident just from watching staggs how much more capable sn attacking player he is.

Well theres actually alot of experience in our team now. And tago and msy hsve shown they handle the big leagues. Potentially youd maybe only looking at jenkins or turuva coming in.. which other thsn staines who took a while to find his feet, all our other rookies have come in and fired.

Leilua was there best player every week at the tigers tho. They used to just give him the ball and hope. He was a good player in a shit team. Garner is an avg plyer in a avg team.

Sorensen and capes were stuck behind an all star backrow that all could ply 80.

If critta leaves it would be the next man principle. They dont go after a 400k bloke to replace him.. jenkins is clearly who the are grooming. And imo hes ready. He is defensivley solid, can definitkey score a try and gets highly involved.

We are in a good place "IF" critta or brian want more money imo. Turuva and jenkins look to be perfect nrl replacements

Iamback

Coach
Stats really only show so much. Its evident just from watching staggs how much more capable sn attacking player he is.

Well theres actually alot of experience in our team now. And tago and msy hsve shown they handle the big leagues. Potentially youd maybe only looking at jenkins or turuva coming in.. which other thsn staines who took a while to find his feet, all our other rookies have come in and fired.

Leilua was there best player every week at the tigers tho. They used to just give him the ball and hope. He was a good player in a shit team. Garner is an avg plyer in a avg team.

Sorensen and capes were stuck behind an all star backrow that all could ply 80.

If critta leaves it would be the next man principle. They dont go after a 400k bloke to replace him.. jenkins is clearly who the are grooming. And imo hes ready. He is defensivley solid, can definitkey score a try and gets highly involved.

We are in a good place "IF" critta or brian want more money imo. Turuva and jenkins look to be perfect nrl replacements

He looks good in a different structure though, Not sure he looks the same if he came here.

not really we are losing Api 165 games
Kikau 155 games

Only bringing in Garner 40 games.

A 2 year re-signing here is best. Right now we aren't setup for promoting from within, Hopefully May gets a chance next year and is good. Allows options moving forward

Girds89

Bench
He looks good in a different structure though, Not sure he looks the same if he came here.

not really we are losing Api 165 games
Kikau 155 games

Only bringing in Garner 40 games.

A 2 year re-signing here is best. Right now we aren't setup for promoting from within, Hopefully May gets a chance next year and is good. Allows options moving forward
Staggs?? I think hed be even better here..

Yeah but the rest of our team isnt rookies anymore.

Fish over 150
Leota over 110
Martin will hit 100 mid next season
Yeo will hit 200 next season
Kenny over 50
Luai will hit 100 next season
Nath will go past 150 early
Edwards over a 100.
Sorensen will hit 100 next year

Even losing api and kiks we stil have a lot of players with a lot of experience now. Big game experience too.

I think people sometimes forget that. Just because we are a young team still doesnt mean we are inexperienced.

We wont miss api because we need his experience. Purely just for the fact he is a gun.. we have enough experienced guys in the team to guide the more junior blokes around..

Its one of the reasons i think tago and may have been so successful coming in. We are actually very experienced.. jenkins im sure will kill it when he gets his oppurtunity

Iamback

Coach
Staggs?? I think hed be even better here..

Yeah but the rest of our team isnt rookies anymore.

Fish over 150
Leota over 110
Martin will hit 100 mid next season
Yeo will hit 200 next season
Kenny over 50
Luai will hit 100 next season
Nath will go past 150 early
Edwards over a 100.
Sorensen will hit 100 next year

Even losing api and kiks we stil have a lot of players with a lot of experience now. Big game experience too.

I think people sometimes forget that. Just because we are a young team still doesnt mean we are inexperienced.

We wont miss api because we need his experience. Purely just for the fact he is a gun.. we have enough experienced guys in the team to guide the more junior blokes around..

Its one of the reasons i think tago and may have been so successful coming in. We are actually very experienced.. jenkins im sure will kill it when he gets his oppurtunity

No chance, it is not possible to get that impact with a high workload. Look at Latrell at fullback his workload is ordinary but he carves up.

Tago is the only change though.

We have a new left backrower
New hooker to see how the side goes.

You want to have as much stability around them as possible or we hit the rebuild stage and not in the premiership window

Latest posts