What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Excellent points Slip. Just wish the Board was on your wavelength.
I agree Denis and Slip. Our Board would do us a favour if those names of Flanagan, Barrett and Morris were our coach/assistants from 2023. The problem is they have re-signed Hook for 2023 and they won't back down I don't think.

The Bulldogs must have a lot of faith in Ciraldo to sign him up for 5 years. We had a situation when Bennett was signed up and he wanted 5 years - a term that Ciraldo might have hit the Dogs with otherwise he doesn't sign the contract. So I think the Dogs agreed to his request maybe reluctantly because it being such a long time and if things don't work out one way or another, big bickies need to be paid unless of course there are those special clauses written in the signed paperwork.

Doust didn't agree with Bennett's request as we know and the rest is history and maybe in that instance, Bennett might not have been successful if he had the extra years with us, who knows? Same as Ciraldo. He might do wonders for years 1-3 and then not so good in the last 2. That is what I hope anyway as I hate the effin Dogs - sorry!

twinkletoes

Juniors
I just hate the ways these jokers who run our club operate. The fact is that the NRL side have not performed to the standard we were told they would. There has been no progression from last year or the year before...if any thing the way we play has gone backwards and our defence is certainly weaker.
No matter who you get in to prop up the coach...does this remind you of the Mary years??....I can't see that there is any plan in place to develop or improve, in fact I saw article in the press saying that Sloan as an example is a mere shadow of the player he was at the end of last season. I remember Hook saying mid year that the side would be a lot better in the second half of the year....once again lies.

I would think its not too hard to sack the coach ( yes it will cost...but they're the ones who made the decision to extend him early in the year) and get another coach who might be able to get better results...and there are a number around at the moment. Just make the decision and be decisive, instead of saying we'll try this and try that and see if it improves things. Hook has had 2 years and I see no development or progression...in fact next year to me is looking even bleaker than this with a whole stack of players moving on...and no signings on the horizon to replace them...IS THIS THE GRAND PLAN WE HAVE BEEN TOLD IS IN PLACE.

the management needs to stop hoping things will turn around and actually MAKE things happen...that takes some courage and ruthlessness but this great club deserves that..

dannyt

Coach
Ciraldo is the most popular assistant coach I have ever heard of. 5 years is a big contract and shows a lot of faith. O'Brien and Siebold were also popular assistant coaches who were supposedly going to win their teams a comp and they did not really do much if anything made things worse.

Baz will be a top assistant. Heard good wraps on him. Panthers boys such as Burton and Kikau would not follow him if he was not a good coach so he has a great wrap. He may be able to take Sullivan, Sloan and Amone to the next level which will be awesome.

Is John Morris assistant anywhere? I would look to him for defense coach. He would be pretty good. Flanno's sidekick when he was the Sharks coach. I Think it will be perfect if Flanno does step in to have Baz and Morris as his assistants as they both have worked with him and he knows what they are like.
A complete failure by Ciraldo at the dogs would be ideal, IMHO. However, he has been chosen by Gould, who knows what is a required as a FG coach and knows Ciraldo.

Baz took on the HC at the dogs before Gould was involved with the club. He said at the time that he advised Baz against taking on that role at that time.

Love him or hate him, Gould knows his stuff.

FlameThrower

Bench
Better yet make him our interim coach and let him keep the job if he achieves a bunch of KPI's in x amount of time. Reality is no coach but Griffin (and maybe Flannagan) looks at our squad and sees success.

Don't care how good Ciraldo is, 5 years is a mammoth length and knowing Gus, he might not last 2.
5 years is just crazy for a rookie and now means a massive payout if it turn to mud in year 2 or 3. Gus IMO won’t be there by that stage anyway.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gus also sacked Cleary and bought in Hook. I know he then sacked him but what a waste of those years by the Panthers thanks to Gould. His reasoning was Ivan Cleary looked tired. He gets a lot of credit for Penrith and he may have done some good things but he has also made some huge blunders which people forget.

In saying that I would rather Gould at Saints than any of the clowns they have now.

Qdf

Juniors
I just hate the ways these jokers who run our club operate. The fact is that the NRL side have not performed to the standard we were told they would. There has been no progression from last year or the year before...if any thing the way we play has gone backwards and our defence is certainly weaker.
No matter who you get in to prop up the coach...does this remind you of the Mary years??....I can't see that there is any plan in place to develop or improve, in fact I saw article in the press saying that Sloan as an example is a mere shadow of the player he was at the end of last season. I remember Hook saying mid year that the side would be a lot better in the second half of the year....once again lies.

I would think its not too hard to sack the coach ( yes it will cost...but they're the ones who made the decision to extend him early in the year) and get another coach who might be able to get better results...and there are a number around at the moment. Just make the decision and be decisive, instead of saying we'll try this and try that and see if it improves things. Hook has had 2 years and I see no development or progression...in fact next year to me is looking even bleaker than this with a whole stack of players moving on...and no signings on the horizon to replace them...IS THIS THE GRAND PLAN WE HAVE BEEN TOLD IS IN PLACE.

the management needs to stop hoping things will turn around and actually MAKE things happen...that takes some courage and ruthlessness but this great club deserves that..
Your barking up the wrong tree. This mob of parasites running our club don't care.
They only job is to distract the fans with their bullshit stories. They couldn't care less what we say.They continue on year after year.
Dishing up garbage teams (& coaching staff) with out care about their long suffering fans. If they tried this type of
behaviour on at one of the top soccer clubs in Europe,
they'd be FAN FODDER. The fans won't stand for BAD ADMINISTRATORS.

Gareth67

First Grade

BLM01

First Grade

Reports of player unrest according to Fox League.
I suppose this belongs here as it is a rumour. But old news from last week.
Covered in the Hook Hook thread :)
Ciraldo is the most popular assistant coach I have ever heard of. 5 years is a big contract and shows a lot of faith. O'Brien and Siebold were also popular assistant coaches who were supposedly going to win their teams a comp and they did not really do much if anything made things worse.

Baz will be a top assistant. Heard good wraps on him. Panthers boys such as Burton and Kikau would not follow him if he was not a good coach so he has a great wrap. He may be able to take Sullivan, Sloan and Amone to the next level which will be awesome.

Is John Morris assistant anywhere? I would look to him for defense coach. He would be pretty good. Flanno's sidekick when he was the Sharks coach. I Think it will be perfect if Flanno does step in to have Baz and Morris as his assistants as they both have worked with him and he knows what they are like.
Morris is at Souths

Mjab

Juniors
A complete failure by Ciraldo at the dogs would be ideal, IMHO. However, he has been chosen by Gould, who knows what is a required as a FG coach and knows Ciraldo.

Baz took on the HC at the dogs before Gould was involved with the club. He said at the time that he advised Baz against taking on that role at that time.

Love him or hate him, Gould knows his stuff.
Except he didn’t know his stuff when he did the saints review