What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Rickyless Raiders

SBD82

Coach
I think the point of the earlier poster was that Lomax makes errors as he’s overly competitive and wants more involvement in play and that 13 would bring him into the game a lot more. He has strength and ball playing ability but as you say you could equally bring him into the game more at centre
I think that’s a valid consideration, but I just think moving him into the forwards is a desperate measure. Good coaching could easily harness Lomax’s skill set and bring him into the game. Look at what Payten has done with Holmes at Nth QLD.

Gippsy

Bench
I actually think Lomax has pulled his head in since the Frizell incident. He is roaming more and putting in a lot more effort rather than the smartarse plays.

As for the youngsters, yep, put Sloan at fullback and move Ramsay to the wing intead of Moga.

justadragon

Bench
I actually think Lomax has pulled his head in since the Frizell incident. He is roaming more and putting in a lot more effort rather than the smartarse plays.

As for the youngsters, yep, put Sloan at fullback and move Ramsay to the wing intead of Moga.
agree with lomax, cant agree with ramsay, sloan has shown no improvement in that position like ramsay did, ramsay deserves to be fullback

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Watching FOX, Brandy, Braith and Ennis ripping dragons. Saying they are an absolute mess. How Hook has destroyed Sloan and Sullivan confidence, how the old blokes aren’t performing.
All shaking their heads as to why Mbye was ever selected at fullback ahead of Sloan, absolutely nothing to gain from Mbye at 1.
Refreshing to hear others say what we all have been saying for months now, we’ll most of us that is.
What's not refreshing is the conclusion those Fox worthies would no doubt come to-ie Mary should never have been sacked.

rasaint

Juniors
Some posts continue to promote that Zac Lomax could be a ‘gifted one’ and realise his potential if coached properly. Fair enough it’s an opinion and that’s what the forum is about.

I have posted previously that the dragons can not win a premiership with Zac in the centres. Not because he is terrible but he simply lacks attacking dash and brilliance. He will on occasion score a good try running a nice line, make a nice catch and flicks the ball successfully about 25% of time ( when it works it’s very good). Unfortunatel, top line centres burn him off including Staggs, Best and even more recently Easts back rower Crichton. It’s because he simply doesn’t hot foot it laterally with a quick player. Dudes had that issue also. Not ‘bog slow’ just not pure dash.

I note an opinion that Payton has achieved much for Val Homes. Val is a high end speedster, and for years a SOO and elite player, long before Payton coached the cowboys.

We need more speed and dash in the backs. Zac got top coin on a very long term deal; based on somehow being the gifted one of junior years. He is competitive, strong head on and carries with courage in traffic. He is a good goal kicker. That’s why I’d like to see how he goes at lock/ back row. He is here for another 3 years and you can’t coach speed. Maybe his best qualities are now in his 5th NRL season undertaken in a possible successful move to the pack.

gitano

Juniors
Some posts continue to promote that Zac Lomax could be a ‘gifted one’ and realise his potential if coached properly. Fair enough it’s an opinion and that’s what the forum is about.

I have posted previously that the dragons can not win a premiership with Zac in the centres. Not because he is terrible but he simply lacks attacking dash and brilliance. He will on occasion score a good try running a nice line, make a nice catch and flicks the ball successfully about 25% of time ( when it works it’s very good). Unfortunatel, top line centres burn him off including Staggs, Best and even more recently Easts back rower Crichton. It’s because he simply doesn’t hot foot it laterally with a quick player. Dudes had that issue also. Not ‘bog slow’ just not pure dash.

I note an opinion that Payton has achieved much for Val Homes. Val is a high end speedster, and for years a SOO and elite player, long before Payton coached the cowboys.

We need more speed and dash in the backs. Zac got top coin on a very long term deal; based on somehow being the gifted one of junior years. He is competitive, strong head on and carries with courage in traffic. He is a good goal kicker. That’s why I’d like to see how he goes at lock/ back row. He is here for another 3 years and you can’t coach speed. Maybe his best qualities are now in his 5th NRL season undertaken in a possible successful move to the pack.
I warned thee all of the perils of basing player value on junior rugby league. He hasn't shown hes in the top dozen centres in the game. Yet commands more coin than most due to form as a kid and being quite marketable. But oh no what does ol gitano know hey

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Good post- agree 100%- Lomax's skill set- particularly his strength and physicality- is wasted in the centres- a natural, (like Victor the Inflictor) for No 13.

redv13

Bench
I warned thee all of the perils of basing player value on junior rugby league. He hasn't shown hes in the top dozen centres in the game. Yet commands more coin than most due to form as a kid and being quite marketable. But oh no what does ol gitano know hey
Ol Gitano knows f**k all. Go and hang with your bff Baz. Another useless flog. Perfect for each other

blacksafake

First Grade

You lost me at Best.😁
Lazy & average defensively who’ll pull out the occasionally big run.

gitano

Juniors
Ol Gitano knows f**k all. Go and hang with your bff Baz. Another useless flog. Perfect for each other
Yeah those two flick passes a year that work are sensational though...
Oh and he'll kick them from the sideline, unless there's pressure 😏

redv13

Bench
Yeah those two flick passes a year that work are sensational though...
Oh and he'll kick them from the sideline, unless there's pressure 😏
He’s not the first goal kicker to miss from the sideline when the games on the line. Seem to remember a certain ex Souths halfback missing a kick in last years gf when the game was on the line and he is a great goal kicker . Pressure happens and if you played the game at a “high” level you should understand that.

gitano

Juniors
He’s not the first goal kicker to miss from the sideline when the games on the line. Seem to remember a certain ex Souths halfback missing a kick in last years gf when the game was on the line and he is a great goal kicker . Pressure happens and if you played the game at a “high” level you should understand that.
I haven't goal kicked in years. But if the game was on the line I'd find a way

redv13

Bench
I haven't goal kicked in years. But if the game was on the line I'd find a way
f**king lol. Get the f**k outta here ya grub. You couldn’t kick a can down the street you wanna be. Zac is a great kicker, just like he’s booted your sorry little heart into a million pieces

Latest posts