What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
These interstate posters and their no idea about these things
Yeh because its not like I've been to sydney and travelled from all over it to games lol. or experienced attending sports events in cities all over the world. But yeh Sydney is somehow unique blah blah.

siv

First Grade
tbf most people going are not regional fans or taking young kids. Sure some areand it wouldn't suit them, but they are in a minority. The majority of dogs fans would live within a 60min public transport trip of commbank I'd suggest. I do agree though that games should not be KO at 8pm and lasting 2 hours, its ridiculous. Bad enough we schedule so many night games but at least schedule them for 7 or 7.30pm and keep HT to 10mins!
Catching a train / tram when kickoff is 3pm was never a problem

For Dogs fans it will be the following when the metro opens

- Metro to end of the line
- change to shuttle train to Lidcombe
- change train to Parramatta
- the catch a tram to WSS

To Accor today its
- Catch train to Lidcombe
- Catch shuttle to Olympic Park

Iamback

Coach
Yeh because its not like I've been to sydney and travelled from all over it to games lol. or experienced attending sports events in cities all over the world. But yeh Sydney is somehow unique blah blah.

Coming here for a holiday and coming here needing to navigate work and getting to and from these events are completely different things

Perth Red

Post Whore
Catching a train / tram when kickoff is 3pm was never a problem

For Dogs fans it will be the following when the metro opens

- Metro to end of the line
- change to shuttle train to Lidcombe
- change train to Parramatta
- the catch a tram to WSS

To Accor today its
- Catch train to Lidcombe
- Catch shuttle to Olympic Park
I know trusting the internet is a dangerous thing but cant you get a straight train from Canterbury to Lidcombe? Then a 12min train Lidcombe to Parra. Last leg walk and get something to eat or 5min tram when its open. All up around 60min depending on connections. Of course ideally Tigers and Bulldogs would be sharing a stadium somewhere 30mins or so from both main supporter bases but that doesnt look like a reality any time soon sadly.

cant.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Coming here for a holiday and coming here needing to navigate work and getting to and from these events are completely different things
do the trains change depending on reason you are in Sydney? Hmmm. If you're going straight from work to the game you've got 3 hours to get there! Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me.

yobbo84

First Grade
but why would you drive to it if its so bad? Sydney trains seem pretty frequent from my experience with them. If you've driven to work park up somewhere along the train line and get the train to the venue. That's what sensible people in big cities do to get to events!

Optus was built with zero parking and works brilliantly because they thought it through!
The way Sydney trains work, to get from Homebush to where I live, I would have to:

Catch a train from Olympic Park to Lidcome (10 mins)
Catch a train from Lidcombe into the city (40 mins at night)
Catch a train from the city to where I live in Sydney (another 40 mins at night)
15 minute drive home

Try doing that at 10pm with 3 kids 9 and under.

That or a 45 minute door-to-door drive home

It's not an easy city to navigate and it's the reason Homebush is somewhat a white elephant. They only ever do direct trains there for big events, not a random Rabbitohs match in July.

Iamback

Coach
I know trusting the internet is a dangerous thing but cant you get a straight train from Canterbury to Lidcombe? Then a 12min train Lidcombe to Parra. Last leg walk and get something to eat or 5min tram when its open. All up around 60min depending on connections. Of course ideally Tigers and Bulldogs would be sharing a stadium somewhere 30mins or so from both main supporter bases but that doesnt look like a reality any time soon sadly.

View attachment 64998

Right now you can. Try the return trip at 10.30 pm

Iamback

Coach
do the trains change depending on reason you are in Sydney? Hmmm. If you're going straight from work to the game you've got 3 hours to get there! Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me.

Yes you drop kick.

Leave your hotel, Jump on a train go to footy.

As opposed to the 15 hour day it turns into if you go straight from work, It is why TV is king

Wb1234

Referee
Why can't it be multiple reasons though?

Accor has treated them right while being there
Members like the travel
A sponsor owning a pub outside is a bonus.

Everything has to be an either or with you. Some clubs the overall package for them is better where they are, Bulldogs at Accor is one of them
Does he own that big pub near the entrance past the train station ?

Frank Burge

Juniors
I call these people that make excuses fans, I’m sure they love their team. People who turn up 10-12 games a year and buy memberships, I call supporters, they put their money and time into supporting the club. Been home plenty of times after midnight carrying my sleeping child from the car to the bed

Frank Burge

Juniors
Sorry for the off topic post, so many people complaining about not having a stadium 5 min walk from their house. I do think a Liverpool stadium for Dogs and tigers would be the best option if tigers committed 8-10 games a year

Wb1234

Referee
My friend went last week to bank west

80 bucks to sit almost in the back row on the half way line lol

he did say it was an excellent stadium though

Iamback

Coach
I call these people that make excuses fans, I’m sure they love their team. People who turn up 10-12 games a year and buy memberships, I call supporters, they put their money and time into supporting the club. Been home plenty of times after midnight carrying my sleeping child from the car to the bed

I have been to 15 games in total this year

Not going on Thursday night though, because it is not worth the hassel

yobbo84

First Grade
Yeah you're right, I've only been a season ticket holder every year since 2002 and a Rabbitohs member since 1999, and go to on average 12 games per year. Definitely not a real supporter.

Heck I'd say anyone on a bloody NRL internet forum at 3pm on a Tuesday is a fair dinkum supporter.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The way Sydney trains work, to get from Homebush to where I live, I would have to:

Catch a train from Olympic Park to Lidcome (10 mins)
Catch a train from Lidcombe into the city (40 mins at night)
Catch a train from the city to where I live in Sydney (another 40 mins at night)
15 minute drive home

Try doing that at 10pm with 3 kids 9 and under.

That or a 45 minute door-to-door drive home

It's not an easy city to navigate and it's the reason Homebush is somewhat a white elephant. They only ever do direct trains there for big events, not a random Rabbitohs match in July.
again to be fair you are not the fan we are talking about, if its taking the majority of fans 1hr 45min to get to game then the club is def playing in the wrong spot! But I'd wager for clubs a 60min travel radius would reach the majority of their fanbase.