What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

sounds like you're making a very good case for perth over NZ2 for the club18 if its costing us $21mill to have Warriors in the comp over another Australian club!
The NRL has made its case for NZ2, theres other things to consider other then Aust TV ratings
NZ TV revenue covers our losses here in OZ & will cover a 2nd too , plus

a nursery of 5.5 million ready to go

Perth cannot match that

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL has made its case for NZ2, theres other things to consider other then Aust TV ratings

Perth cannot match that
apparently not, $53mill less than the Australian only comp and NZ only bringing in $32mill for NRL. That's quite a loss leader. Yeh, except they prefer Rugby Union lol.

Wb1234

Referee

Perth cannot match that
I’m shocked afl never tried nz instead of gws

Wellington is a prefect ground

and 30 million Aussie a year as a grant might’ve made it catch on

I

apparently not, $53mill less than the Australian only comp and NZ only bringing in $32mill for NRL. That's quite a loss leader. Yeh, except they prefer Rugby Union lol.
I said the gap aust broadcasters would have paid for 16 aust sides
the other 21 mill ...& more will be covered for team 18

the NRL has a plan to get into yawnions heartland in NZ
& its already working

we only need 10% of kiwis to prefer league over yawnion ( about there already) & we're 10 times ahead of Perth
& the NRL will not stop at 10%

Perth Red

Post Whore
I said the gap aust broadcasters would have paid for 16 aust sides
the other 21 mill ...& more will be covered for team 18

the NRL has a plan to get into yawnions heartland in NZ
& its already working

we only need 10% of kiwis to prefer league over yawnion ( about there already) & we're 10 times ahead of Perth
& the NRL will not stop at 10%
The gap for our 17 clubs to their 18 clubs in Australia is $53mill next year. Having NZ in, according to you, is a big reason for that gap as it isnt valued by Australian TV. NZ tv brings in $32mill (presumably not just for the warriors). So is the gap due to NZ club or not? You seem confused.
Wouldn't bringing in NZ2 just add to that gap in value for Australian tv partners and reduce viewing audiences in Australia like Warriors do? Is Sky NZ going to chip in an extra $21mill a year to cover that gap? Hmmm.

The gap for our 17 clubs to their 18 clubs in Australia is $53mill next year. Having NZ in, according to you, is a big reason for that gap as it isnt valued by Australian TV. NZ tv brings in $32mill (presumably not just for the warriors). So is the gap due to NZ club or not? You seem confused.
Wouldn't bringing in NZ2 just add to that gap in value for Australian tv partners and reduce viewing audiences in Australia like Warriors do? Is Sky NZ going to chip in an extra $21mill a year to cover that gap? Hmmm.
try & keep up dummy
you were the one who said we can't include NZ TV money , I said like f**k we can't
370 mill for 16 Aust NRL clubs v 416 mill ( the true figure for 23/24) for 18 aflol clubs
403 mill for for 16 aust , 1 NZ
I'd say it would be 420 mill plus for 17 aust , but we sacrifice some $$ for the potential benefits of being in NZ & these far out weight the $$

& those benefits will only amplify with another NZ side
sorry Perth

Billythekid

First Grade
Yeah I won’t lie it’s a tough choice between NZ2 and a Perth side but both should be shoe ins. This is why there should be more of a future roadmap rather than announcing it like a year in advance. Let the teams know they’re getting a spot so they can start preparing and building a fan base and hype.

Whichever one misses out shouldn’t be left out in the cold.

Wb1234

Referee
try & keep up dummy
you were the one who said we can't include NZ TV money , I said like f**k we can't
370 mill for 16 Aust NRL clubs v 416 mill ( the true figure for 23/24) for 18 aflol clubs
I'd say it would be 420 mill plus for 17 aust , but we sacrifice some $$ for the potential benefits of being in NZ & these far out weight the $$

sorry Perth
Fumblers love quoting tv ratings and counting nz tv ratings as zero

you have to laugh when rugby league still wins under this basis

The_Wookie

Bench
Fumblers love quoting tv ratings and counting nz tv ratings as zero

you have to laugh when rugby league still wins under this basis

the only reason i dont count them is because we havent had any since 2015 and couldnt even make an educated guess now

Perth Red

Post Whore
try & keep up dummy

sorry Perth
I didn’t say we can’t include it in overall revenue discussions, but it’s irrelevant in discussions on how Austrian tv values each code.

nope, it will be $370mill in Australian deal for nrl v $423mill in Australian tv deal for afl, you can deny as much as you like but that will be the revenue Reality in 23 & 24.

a gap of $53mill.

Is having a nz club costing us in the Australian deal more than it gains us in the nz deal? one can only speculate on such things and why afl will have $53million more from their Australian tv partners than us next year.

but I’ll leave it with this thought, as this debate is not remotely about nrl ratings and belongs in the tv deal fight club thread. March ‘24 one of us is good going to look very silly when the afl 2023 annual report comes out, me for believing their press release or you for being so blinkered you couldn’t face the truth. Time will tell…………..

Last edited:
I didn’t say we can’t include it in overall revenue discussions, but it’s irrelevant in discussions on how Austrian tv values each code.

nope, it will be $370mill in Australian deal for nrl v $423mill in Australian tv deal for afl, you can deny as much as you like but that will be the revenue Reality in 23 & 24.

a gap of $53mill.

Is having a nz club costing us in the Australian deal more than it gains us in the nz deal? one can only speculate on such things and why afl will have $53million more from their Australian tv partners than us next year.

but I’ll leave it with this thought, as this debate is not remotely about nrl ratings and belongs in the tv deal fight club thread. March ‘24 one of us is good going to look very silly when the afl 2023 annual report comes out, me for believing their press release or you for being so blinkered you couldn’t face the truth. Time will tell…………..
who talks about the

" Australian TV deal "
its the TV deal end of

again
not the NRLs fault their main competitor is a popular as a puddle of spew in an elevator in NZ

And again ..i'll type real slow this time , the NZ team costs us some $$ with 9 & foxtel but is made up some what with NZ TV revenue & the enormous benefits we get with access to a huge player pool
that .. & the one less team & one less game we have , makes up the entire difference & a bit more too IMO

& you look silly every day in here so, looking silly further down the track will be just another day for you

Last edited:
extraordinary Times, and they upped their payment to the players association by a massive amount, if they wanted to avoid losses they could have easily cut a number of areas to do so. They didn’t
,they decided to wear them and dip into their substantial cash reserves.
the bigger question is why did nrl achieve a surplus after massively cutting grassroots and development funding? Was buying a hotel and giving the players a bonus more important than jnrs?
You keep posting the same crap about cutting grassroots & development yet I’ve posted where the AFLOL HAD LARGER CUTS .
yet you continually ignore this as you just can’t post anything negative about your beloved AFL .
you seem to have no trouble putting shit ..heaping it on RL .

Wb1234

Referee
You keep posting the same crap about cutting grassroots & development yet I’ve posted where the AFLOL HAD LARGER CUTS .
yet you continually ignore this as you just can’t post anything negative about your beloved AFL .
you seem to have no trouble putting shit ..heaping it on RL .
And unlike afl vlandys provided record funding to clubs whilst afl cut them savagely.

Vlandys made a 43 million profit whilst Gil made a similar sized loss

there’s no comparison with vlandys and gill

Gobsmacked

Bench
The channel 9 commentary is pathetic!
They simply use whoever was the best players 🙄
What about someone who can articulate themselves, ad to the contest?
All I hear is been there done that, would have done this should do that 🙄
Peter Sterling was great, always hyped it up and simply offered a technical analysis.
Sadly the salty , bitter and arrogant Gould is an infectious toxic blight on our game 😔

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fox are sadly heading the same way. Other night I watched game that had blocker as a commentator and Moore on the sideline, wtf?

Latest posts