What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kalyn Ponga surpass Billy Slater as the greatest fullback ever?

Will Kalyn Ponga surpass Billy Slater as the greatest fullback ever?

• Total voters

Chimp

Bench
So… there’s a couple of precedents from this season the NRL can choose to follow (or not of course);

1 - Adam Elliot for dealing with his Boyle in the toilets

or

2 - Smith/Munster for bringing the game into disrepute (despite no proof of anything illegal happening, just for been dumb enough to put themselves in a position where everyone assumes they are up to something illegal)

Punishment is a bit of a moot point really though with Ponga already out for the year and Mann (and Newcastle) being dog shit anyway with nothing to play for.

johns_reds

First Grade
He probably just has a big dick and needed Kurt to hold it for him...

But anyway the amount of times I've spewed in a toilet at a pub when I was younger, I'd be on the news every weekend, this is a total blow up over nothing

Diesel

Referee
If there is a suspension and it’s (say) 4 games, does this start this weekend, when he’s back playing (after round 25) or will he make himself available for the WC and use the suspension then?

Frederick

Staff member
If there is a suspension and it’s (say) 4 games, does this start this weekend, when he’s back playing (after round 25) or will he make himself available for the WC and use the suspension then?
It's Ponga, he only bothers with rep games, so will make sure he's medically cleared for club footy asap so he can be available for the WC. Not that he should even be picked

Fangs

Coach
Good opportunity to sack him as captain at least. Probably an even worse captaincy choice than Matt Moylan in 2017.

Floodwaters

Juniors

But anyway the amount of times I've spewed in a toilet at a pub when I was younger, I'd be on the news every weekend, this is a total blow up over nothing

Haha it was a creative excuse but lets be honest, the only reason 2 blokes go into a cubical together is to have a snort.

Perth Red

Post Whore
were you being paid over a $million as a professional athlete and the face of an organisation at the time?

Saxon

Bench

And in all those occasions, how many times did your mate come into your cubicle to hold your paw?

some11

Referee
Why would they?
I dunno, do you want the guy recovering from a season ending concussion to be either spewing himself from drink (if you believe that) or racking up lines?

Would give newey a chance to get rid of him altogether as he provides sfa in terms of wins.

Billythekid

First Grade
I dunno, do you want the guy recovering from a season ending concussion to be either spewing himself from drink (if you believe that) or racking up lines?

Would give newey a chance to get rid of him altogether as he provides sfa in terms of wins.
Yeah I don’t consider recreational drug use a problem but it’s not a good look for a player recovering from a severe concussion.

Also it’s a reminder that the reason blokes like him get payed a million bucks a season isn’t just because of their ability on the field but what they bring off it. This sort of thing can damage the NRL and Newcastles brand.

Jordan

Juniors
Cocaine detectable for about 3 days I think but they've probably been sitting in a sauna the last couple of days. I'd be surprised if they test positive