What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Fitzgibbon - 20 years

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Be before then imo as it’ll help with recruitment and retention if the coach is known.
potential incoming players will be told but reckon we hold an announcement on Fitz. Don’t know why. Also don’t think CC survives 5 years with GG but who knows.

txta2

Bench
20 years is something the Dragons would do
trump run GIF

A 20 year deal sounds ridiculous, but I’m that sold on him that I wouldn’t be worried if they did. I think a 5 year extension being signed sometime next year would be a wise move
Doing a bit of Projection here . I would not be signing ANYONE up to any 20 yr deals ( unless initials are JC and theres a shining halo over their head ) Just going by my own mental ,physical, and psychological deterioration over last 20 yrs ! LOL!.

Last edited:

carinashark

First Grade
Keep every contract at 3 years with a 1 year option. That’s option only.
Keep pushing through juniors.
Dont pay overs when it’s not working .

Tiger Shark

Bench
potential incoming players will be told but reckon we hold an announcement on Fitz. Don’t know why. Also don’t think CC survives 5 years with GG but who knows.
If Gould wasn't there I'd disagree but he seems to hire and fire coaches like its out of fashion. I question how much control CC will get.

I still dont see a better model for a rookie coach than the Fitz model

- long tenure as an AC with a strong club and excellent HC
- waiting for the right opportunity, not the first opportunity
- Went to a club where he can be his own man, and not be under the thumb of a Gould etc.

ghoti

Bench
Makes me think of when Ricky Stuart made three grand finals in a row coaching the Roosters and got lifetime supercoach status

Inferno

Coach
If Gould wasn't there I'd disagree but he seems to hire and fire coaches like its out of fashion. I question how much control CC will get.

- Went to a club where he can be his own man, and not be under the thumb of a Gould etc.

Also a club where there has been reasonable stability in the assistant ranks and lower grades.

Price was with us in our premiership year and Hannay has been with us for what, 4 or 5 years?

Gotta be helpful to surround yourself with talented assistants.

DJDL

Bench
Also a club where there has been reasonable stability in the assistant ranks and lower grades.

Price was with us in our premiership year and Hannay has been with us for what, 4 or 5 years?

Gotta be helpful to surround yourself with talented assistants.

This is Hannah’s second year with us.
He was caretaker coach at the Cows in 2020 before coming to us.

I hear you, though. It feels like way longer than that.

Quigs

Immortal
Wasn't she one of the chics that entertained the boyz in the sheds all those years ago.

Gallen Towers

Juniors

Ciraldo saw Gould at work in Penrith so he must know what he's in for.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Damn autocorrect.
I should know better than to post from my phone, sans reading glasses. He writes from his phone, sans reading glasses.

Auto correct huh? Hannay to Hannah.

You in contact with Hannah a lot?

HAHAHAHA

Latest posts