What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: Parra v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 1/9/22

I saw our NSW Cup side play some random team this year and they employed a hard shallow grubber kickoff which was angled to the sideline. Once they got the ball back because we tried to trap it and failed and at least twice it just went straight out which gave them the feed in a scrum in an attacking position. 😳
I told them to do it five years ago!
What I am hoping for, though not necessarily expecting, is more short dropouts and maybe even belting the ball at the sideline from the kickoff. With a high tee you could make it very difficult to stop.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It will never happen but I reckon the things that Waqa does poorly are the things Russell does well. Bench aside, Id be tempted to make that one change. Waqa was pretty poor on Thursday night. That said if BA were to make a change hed probably bring in Simonsson. And while on that, choosing to go forward with Simmonson over Opacic has been a really poor recruitment decision. It took bloody forever to make that swap and look at our efforts in D ever since.

lucablight

First Grade
It will never happen but I reckon the things that Waqa does poorly are the things Russell does well. Bench aside, Id be tempted to make that one change. Waqa was pretty poor on Thursday night. That said if BA were to make a change hed probably bring in Simonsson. And while on that, choosing to go forward with Simmonson over Opacic has been a really poor recruitment decision. It took bloody forever to make that swap and look at our efforts in D ever since.
I suspect Russell and Simonsson will fight it out for a winger/centre spot next season depending on whether Waqa stays on the wing or moves back to centre.

yy_cheng

Coach
Not in the finals mate. Russell still needs more normal nrl game time. Though u are right, I think ba will choose simonssen

Next year, I reckon waqa will go back to left centre with dunster, Russell, simonssen fighting for the right wing spot

hindy111

Post Whore
The best thing about it for me is the unpredictability. High risk, high reward. Too much boring safe shit in the game.

It's not unpredictable anymore. Feels like most sides are doing it. And as they do the defense will be better prepared.
Probably the best would be trying to tap it backwards. The opposition will be trying to catch it. Much easier to just belt the ball backwards.

His is probably above 500k

Heres a question, would we extend sivo

Alot didn't want him when he was on the sideline but he is our best winger.

It might also be his last contract and would chase the dolllars
I'd chip in for Waqa to play elsewhere as I think we've got better value in Russell and Dunster sitting on the sidelines. And even get another cheapie in. Waqa does too much dumb stuff for that kind of money.
And I always thought the Sivo criticism was over the top. He's in the form of his life so I'd definitely try to extend him at least.