What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: Parra v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 1/9/22

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon we should try to extend Sivo - the way he is playing, he's worth a decent upgrade.

Blake is a mystery, but he's a good player; form is temporary, but class is permanent, and he is a classy player.

I'd be happy with Cini taking Opacic's spot - though I would have preferred we kept Opacic. Absolutely brilliant, calm, and composed defender.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon we should try to extend Sivo - the way he is playing, he's worth a decent upgrade.

Blake is a mystery, but he's a good player; form is temporary, but class is permanent, and he is a classy player.

I'd be happy with Cini taking Opacic's spot - though I would have preferred we kept Opacic. Absolutely brilliant, calm, and composed defender.

Plus, Opacic is a dreamboat, but that's another story... 😏

crocodile

Bench
You think he is faster then Waqa or Sivo? Tbh I thought he was but from what I have seen he is not. Fair speed but not electric.
He's a noted speedster but few opportunities. He'd eat Sivo for speed but not power. Not sure about Waqa. His ol' man was quick too.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sivo has been impressive. Made me eat my words thinking he was a bit lazy and slow and we would be better served with Russell.

Seemed to have picked up some pace across 15-20 metres, ran down Coates easily after being shown the tryline. Also street smarts as well with that hand on ball (out on the full kickoff by Munster). His runs are also getting harder and faster, another thing I thought he was lacking

That being said, Id imagine he keeps it up will get offered a Union contract which we wont be able to match.
Russell and Dunster are not bad wing replacements, moving forward.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Zuchini is being developed for replacement of Opacic next year.

edit: FFS @lucablight
Firstly. I have been very anti Sivo. I still think he could do more but his last 2 games are probably the best hes ever played. Somethings changed and I like it a lot.
Waqa should stay on the wing at best. I think his time as an Eel is in countdown mode.
Cici absolutely deserves to start at center next year but will it happen? Probably not knowing BA.
Dunster and Russell should be considered strongly for Waqas wing spot.
Thats a pretty good and not expensive backline. Should leave plenty to re sigh Mitch and Dyl.
Can we affort Lodge? How good is he playing. Hed be a great replacement for Marata and Kaufusi.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Dosent get enough credit does Oppy.