What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
When Hunt came to our club tbth I wasnt that excited....and here it is years later and Im still not .....with the likely prospect of him hanging around a few more year if hes going to continue in the half back role then for mine I hope he moves on.......yes on many many occassions he has been our best player (not that exciting with the rubbish the rest of our mob have displayed at times) but I dont see Ben being instrumental in delivering us a premiership or a top 4 or top 6 finish.....I just dont think he has the organisation skill set or game management skills to be a regular match winner on most weeks......its time to make changes sooner rather than later....having said all that its not just on Hunts shoulders that we are where we are ....Im just targeting him re the topic.....just my opinions

blacksafake

First Grade
Sorry Gareth gotta disagree big time on Ron Casey, he was terrible and most now days would eat him for breakfast. Mind you on Controversy corner Alan Clarkson was one of the best Rugby League journos ever.
Was a copy boy at the herald & spent a lot of time with Clarkson, nice friendly man.
Also had a good selection of certain magazines in his drawer 😍

BLM01

First Grade
When Hunt came to our club tbth I wasnt that excited....and here it is years later and Im still not .....with the likely prospect of him hanging around a few more year if hes going to continue in the half back role then for mine I hope he moves on.......yes on many many occassions he has been our best player (not that exciting with the rubbish the rest of our mob have displayed at times) but I dont see Ben being instrumental in delivering us a premiership or a top 4 or top 6 finish.....I just dont think he has the organisation skill set or game management skills to be a regular match winner on most weeks......its time to make changes sooner rather than later....having said all that its not just on Hunts shoulders that we are where we are ....Im just targeting him re the topic.....just my opinions
Whatever people think of him he has proven for the start of next year (looking 1 year at a time) that he still should captain our club and have the 7 jersey. I am happy for Sullo to be there and bide his time regularly at 14.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Whatever people think of him he has proven for the start of next year (looking 1 year at a time) that he still should captain our club and have the 7 jersey. I am happy for Sullo to be there and bide his time regularly at 14.
Yes I agree in part.....issue arises though if Sully moves elsewhere.....we need to keep in mind Hunt turns what 33/34 next year.....Im all for the youngsters learning their craft as long as they do just that and dont move on....as a result in a lot of cases your left with journeymen from other clubs

redv13

Bench
Just play Sullivan at 9. We look much better when he plays there than Macca

BLM01

First Grade
Just play Sullivan at 9. We look much better when he plays there than Macca
Not a 80 min or even 40 min 9
9 only in short spurts only if you have to in desperate times like recently
He can come on from the bench (send Mybe to reggies) like a Connor Watson and rove and give us 3 ball players on field when we need points till either Hunt leaves (next year?) or form dips or he slows where Sullo can earn the 7 spot and then Hunt can drop back to 14 when father time catches up if he is still here

Last edited:

Draginzaaar

Bench
Why? when he is our best option at 7 to start next year. Depends on the make up of the rest. Hunt is not the reason we finished 10th
Although Hunt missed a few tackles, as all halves do, it was due to the forward's missing lots takles that caused us to lose games. Defensive structure is awful. Continually letting the opposition make 50+ metres a set, because we retreat instead of going forward.

Illusion

Bench
Although Hunt missed a few tackles, as all halves do, it was due to the forward's missing lots takles that caused us to lose games. Defensive structure is awful. Continually letting the opposition make 50+ metres a set, because we retreat instead of going forward.
Some areas too slow and too old .....

Latest posts