What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inspirational music moments

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Eric Carr - this clip was filmed only months before he died from cancer He wore a wig and banged the shit out of the drums with such emotion which is simply inspirational. From reports he had to he held up after this clip. He wasn’t going to die before he did something he loved more than anything. Drumming was his love more than anything.

Love the song just cause of Eric carr. Seriously if you don’t love Eric Carr after this clip god help you

nöyd

Staff member
I recall hearing/reading that Freddie Mercury was gravely ill whilst Queen was recording the Innuendo album. Legend has it the band wanted to keep taking breaks and put Mercury in cotton wool, apparently he would down some vodka and just get on with the job at hand.

Coincidentally Mercury died the same day as Eric Carr.

Munky

Coach
I love footage of South American gigs where the entire crowd is going off and singing along.

The 'this is f**king awesome' look on the singer's face is always great. Quickest example I could find.

For being a last minute ring in on tour to replace the singer and then hitting it out the park this is my fave. The bit from 2.15 is prob my favourite piece of live musical footage.

Matua

Bench
I love footage of South American gigs where the entire crowd is going off and singing along.

The 'this is f**king awesome' look on the singer's face is always great. Quickest example I could find.
Easily Oasis's best song and Noel looks genuinely emotional about how much the crowd are getting into it.

Nuke

Staff member
I recall hearing/reading that Freddie Mercury was gravely ill whilst Queen was recording the Innuendo album. Legend has it the band wanted to keep taking breaks and put Mercury in cotton wool, apparently he would down some vodka and just get on with the job at hand.

True. Freddie was very much on borrowed time by this point. From 1989's 'The Miracle' album, through 1991's 'Innuendo' album, to what became 1995's 'Made In Heaven' album, Queen wrote and recorded feverishly. Freddie told them "Keep writing. Give me things to sing". As soon as they finished 'The Miracle', they went straight back into the studio, recorded 'Innuendo', to which Freddie wasn't expected to finish (but subsequently did), and pretty much kept going into mid-1991, just a few months before he passed away. He never finished 'Made In Heaven', and in fact never finished the song 'Mother Love'. The last verse was Brian May's guide vocal (a rough vocal recorded by the writer to give the singer the idea as to how he wanted the vocals to sound like), as that was how the song was left when Freddie died.

From the 'Innuendo' sessions onwards, Freddie would only be able to come into the studio for an hour or two sparodically when he felt well enough, would prop himself up on the desk, down a shot of vodka, and give it everything he had.

Particularly when you know that, his vocals on those tracks are astounding and incredibly moving.
My favourite song of all time is 'The Show Must Go On', written mostly by Brian May and is on the 'Innuendo' album. Freddie's vocals are incredible, especially the high-range "I can fly, my friends". He was very sick by then, but the power in that line is just 'Wow'.

Matua

Bench
Never. One of my most despised bands of all time.

Axl Rose can drown in his own shit as far as I'm concerned. Just hope he takes Slash with him.

Pair of musical frauds.
🤣 Interesting take. All this time on the forum I didn't realise you were deaf.

horrie hastings

First Grade

A song that was in the vaults and intended for The Miracle album , it will now be released in an updated release of that album. This song is so timely.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
It's simple, clearly unfinished (as in originally, lyrically ... Brian May & Roger Taylor and their engineers have worked their magic with what they had available to them to finish it off as best they could), and it's haunting, but I love it. It's so good hearing Freddie's voice at its peak again.

I, and many dedicated Queen fans, have known about this song for a long time. There was for quite a while leaked versions of this demo on YouTube, and I have long hoped that one day it would somehow see the light of day. Thursday last week was that day. I actually got my hands (digitally) on it on Wednesday afternoon, as seemingly a French radio station jumped the gun by just over a day and played it. Someone then posted that online, so between that one and the official version released Thursday evening, I must have listened to it probably close to 20 times already!

It'll wear off soon, but the tune is constantly going on in my head all my waking hours. And then November will roll around and a few other long-awaited demos from the same era will be released in 'The Miracle' boxset, and the likes of 'Dog With A Bone' and 'I Guess We're Falling Out', among others, will get the high rotation in my car as well!

Latest posts