What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

westerntiger

Juniors
Tigers looking to extend Brooks AGAIN. Huge mistake in my opinion, we need to rip off the bandaid and revitalise the squad. Likewise the Noffa, get rid of him.

Sheens has a huge task ahead of him to set the tone and convince the playing group that we're not a loser club making up the numbers and providing clubs with a percentage boost in 2023.

Shredder

Juniors
I doubt this is the case, because we are too stupid, but possibly they are extending him on a reduced contract to be able to move him on and not have to chip in as much?

These comments from Brooks a few months ago about signing the next contract thats best for him is interesting. Maybe there are other clubs interested and this is our way of lowballing him?

WA Tiger

Bench
2024 team

1. Tedesco
2. Junior Tupou or new signing
3. Talau Or Toa or new signing or one of our juniors?
4. Doeuhii
5. Maumolo?
6. Laurie
7. Hastings
13. Joe O
12. Bateman
11. Papalli
10. Stefano
9. Api
8. Pole

14. Rui
15. Matamua
16. New signed prop
17. Bloke

Freebairn could be among the depth guys with what are currently juniors
Chuck Rua in at 13

WA Tiger

Bench
No one's interested in Brooks. The fairytale for him and nightmare for us will mercifully end next year..

WA Tiger

Bench
Likewise the Noffa, get rid of him.
I think you’ll find next year sheens and Benji’s and Farrah’s treatment of Nofo will be a little more tailored to bringing out his talent rather than making a big deal and ego driven, small minded decisions, about little things that are not important, like the last two coaches did. Sheens knows he needs Nofo to be feeling loved and humming next year, to make a dent in the ladder.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I like most of us have been critical of Brooks failure to lead the team about the park consistently and effectively at times, but in fairness to him since he has been out the tripe that has been dished up by the team cannot be blamed on him.
Yes but Brooks still can’t nail a game or manage a game. In fact he’s proven this year repeatedly he can’t even manage himself on the field. So even if the rest of the team were “fixed up” Brooks would still lose enough games to warrant him not resigning

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Not if no one wants him. If sheens isn’t clear about that yet he will not far into this season

The rumor is Sheens has already offered him an extension.

I reckon Brooks and other players continually prove his haters wrong. Nofo is in the same boat. When I say other players I mean guys like Madden and Doueihi who don't perform as well as Brooks when they get their chances.

Tiger05

First Grade
I like most of us have been critical of Brooks failure to lead the team about the park consistently and effectively at times, but in fairness to him since he has been out the tripe that has been dished up by the team cannot be blamed on him.

Exactly. For all the criticism he received when he was injured there was no difference. You could argue we were worse.

Other players didn't step up and they got their chances.

I reckon now we can state that Brooks isn't the problem apart from his inflated salary. He might not be the guy to lead us going forward but that has been obvious for years.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yes but Brooks still can’t nail a game or manage a game. In fact he’s proven this year repeatedly he can’t even manage himself on the field. So even if the rest of the team were “fixed up” Brooks would still lose enough games to warrant him not resigning

So you say but you aren't Sheens who is the one making the decisions. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I reckon Brooks on a reasonable contract and in a decent team would be okay. To me he should be on about 500k but we are apparently paying him a million next season. To me that is the issue. It is a big issue though.

WA Tiger

Bench
Exactly. For all the criticism he received when he was injured there was no difference. You could argue we were worse.

Other players didn't step up and they got their chances.

I reckon now we can state that Brooks isn't the problem apart from his inflated salary. He might not be the guy to lead us going forward but that has been obvious for years.
So what would Brooks role in the team be? What things are expected of him apart from tackling.? He is the only player in the team pretty much whose role it is to organise the winning of games. When did you see evidence in the last 2 years that he can perform those roles, even once!? So how can he be resigned? Tim’s clever. He’s just keeping things cool untill it’s see ya later.

Last edited:

Latest posts