What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We have to forget about a marquee back at the moment, it’s a waste of money.
We need more forwards. Essentially our whole pack bar Joe is depth cover. We have bought well with Api and Papa but the job remains only a third done. Need two more props and another backrower, at rep level. Then we look at a Munster type signing.
I think we need a Munster type signing to encourage the players you are talking about to join us having more confidence we are on the way up.
Totally agree we need props and a back rower but they won't set up tries for us. At the moment we get near the oppositions try line and have no idea what to do next.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
100% Ned. Munster would not only show the squad how to train hard, but also encourage other top level players to join.

Hes one of the few players I would pay overs for.
Who knows? Could even create a culture of if your not up to the task your not in the team.

gordsy

Juniors
I would not sign Munster to help Instill a club culture of excellence. I would rather guys like Chad Townsend or maybe an Adam Reynolds to help with that. You could throw some cash at Josh Reynonds (you wouldn't play him though but he was always a team first guy, so signing him to help Instill pride In the jersey wouldn't be the worst Idea we've had.)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
You are giving him a lot of credit mate. He ain’t no serious footballer ala Smith/Cronk…he is more the freak party boy like Johns…the prick was heading to rehab around this time last year.
True enough, he is not like Smith or Cronk as far as being a serious footballer. I'm day dreaming along the lines of talent in the team improving through the likes of Api, Papali,i and Munster in the team other players might realize the days of being good enough to play for the Tigers was a low bar to achieve and that it has changed.

Anyway, for the time being I am enjoying floating along in this lovely pink bubble looking at magic rainbows.

stryker

First Grade
True enough, he is not like Smith or Cronk as far as being a serious footballer. I'm day dreaming along the lines of talent in the team improving through the likes of Api, Papali,i and Munster in the team other players might realize the days of being good enough to play for the Tigers was a low bar to achieve and that it has changed.

Anyway, for the time being I am enjoying floating along in this lovely pink bubble looking at magic rainbows.
Yeah, if we snag him he will help attract talent. He will help us win enough games to finish mid table. Without a kickass pack though…too tough of an ask to be consistent enough to make the finals. I’d expect something similar to the 2022 Brisbane Broncos.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don’t wish to be a wet blanket but this possible association of Munster with the concord rabble is laughable.His manager loathes us & an elite player like Munster accustomed to the professionalism & success of the storm & who has myriad of options would never humiliate himself by joining the pathetic wooden spooners

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I don’t wish to be a wet blanket but this possible association of Munster with the concord rabble is laughable.His manager loathes us & an elite player like Munster accustomed to the professionalism & success of the storm & who has myriad of options would never humiliate himself by joining the pathetic wooden spooners

Braith said he would have retired but Sheens signed him to be a mentor rather than a star player and he was ok with that. When Sheens left it was all over for Braith so he doesn't hate Sheens.
Also money talks and when considering the financial security of family and the future it can talk quite loudly.
I won't be heart broken if he doesn't come but it would go a long way to shutting up negative media reports.