What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Frankus

Juniors
They signed B Smith ages ago well before Verrils started playing good consistant footy. B Smith is a gun hooker but obviously is playing like a prop off the bench at storm and looks pretty heavy atm...he will be a gun at Roosters. Roosters will have a very aggressive defensive team next year and if all fit might go all the way.

Kenny isn't even top 10 hookers currently..Luke is probably just on par with him.
Kenny is good enough to do the job. And with Luke on the bench makes almost as versatile as we are now.

Frankus

Juniors
I have my doubts, I saw Priddis yesterdayz still one of my fav 9s
Fair enough mate. He’s not Api but he never lets us down. Has been solid all year. We don’t need a game winning 9. We have Cleary, Luai, Edwards, Crichton, Leniu (mark my words he will crush it next season) and the incoming Garner.

Leniu could become the most influential bench player in the comp if used correctly.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I have my doubts, I saw Priddis yesterdayz still one of my fav 9s
He's an absolute f**king legend - Had a rough time a while back (lost a baby) and a mutual friend told him about it, next thing I know I had a text message with a video from the man himself. Just basically letting me know to hang in there and keep going as there were people who were there for me.

I don't cry very often, but I'll tell you I shed a few tears that day.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
He's an absolute f**king legend - Had a rough time a while back (lost a baby) and a mutual friend told him about it, next thing I know I had a text message with a video from the man himself. Just basically letting me know to hang in there and keep going as there were people who were there for me.

That's an awesome fella. Sorry about your lose. I couldn't imagine it.

Sorry to hear about that mate.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Reported today that To'o will most likely test the open market... The boys look to be splitting up! Next Critter to go and then eventually Luai. Hoping we keep Spencer!

Smug Panther

First Grade
Reported today that To'o will most likely test the open market... The boys look to be splitting up! Next Critter to go and then eventually Luai. Hoping we keep Spencer!
To'o and Critter can walk. You never pay big cash to keep outside backs. Luai meh could go either way

Kilkenny

Coach
To'o and Critter can walk. You never pay big cash to keep outside backs. Luai meh could go either way
I’m not sure it is that simple.

We have been rather fortunate to overcome our player outgoings since going as far back as the Gould - Hook era.

At some point it may catch up with us, Api - Kikau leaving will certainly be a test for our club.

By all means, we should not involve ourselves in a bidding war, but something has to give if you keep losing quality players with no guarantees around the next generation.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m not sure it is that simple.

We have been rather fortunate to overcome our player outgoings since going as far back as the Gould - Hook era.

At some point it may catch up with us, Api - Kikau leaving will certainly be a test for our club.

By all means, we should not involve ourselves in a bidding war, but something has to give if you keep losing quality players with no guarantees around the next generation.
No key position players there. Critter was meant to take Dylan's spot but the way he's improved theirs no way that'll happen.

Kilkenny

Coach
No key position players there. Critter was meant to take Dylan's spot but the way he's improved theirs no way that'll happen.
Maybe not, but our success has been built of the back of our back three, not just recently but even back in the Mansour/DWZ days. Our back three make more metres than any other side, give our forwards breathing space and rarely fail to deliver. It really has been a critical component of our success.

In fact, statistically our entire outside backs 1-5 almost always run for over 100 metres each and every game which no other NRL side gets close too. I think it may have been Brad Arthur or Trent Robinson who made comment that if you can’t stop the momentum created by our 1-5 you can’t beat us.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
Maybe not, but our success has been built of the back of our back three, not just recently but even back in the Mansour/DWZ days. Our back three make more metres than any other side, give our forwards breathing space and rarely fail to deliver. It really has been a critical component of our success.
Get what your saying but to stay competitive long term we will have to evolve. That is something this club as never done before, after every peak we have crashed

Kilkenny

Coach
Get what your saying but to stay competitive long term we will have to evolve. That is something this club as never done before, after every peak we have crashed
It doesn’t mean you have to give up quality players in our squad each and every season.

Surely our management of our salary cap can be more flexible and accomodating of key players.

In respect of Api and Viliame we as fans were led to believe the club was confident if retaining them and yet they were signed sealed delivered elsewhere very early on once they were available to negotiate elsewhere. I understand the reasons why, length of there deals more than just the money on offer.

Time will tell. Worry about Saturday night first and foremost.

Iamback

Coach
It doesn’t mean you have to give up quality players in our squad each and every season.

Surely our management of our salary cap can be more flexible and accomodating of key players.

In respect of Api and Viliame we as fans were led to believe the club was confident if retaining them and yet they were signed sealed delivered elsewhere very early on once they were available to negotiate elsewhere. I understand the reasons why, length of there deals more than just the money on offer.

Time will tell. Worry about Saturday night first and foremost.

To'o will stay, Crichton will stay

Got finals and WC then will sign

Latest posts