What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
He really has no idea

He continues to add Telstra to the AFL deal
Has no link to the Fox part of the NRL, Hell the fool can't even state if the $20m Fox are paying for Dolphins is part of the $402m figure he keeps sprouting
Nope I’ve taken $50mill 23&24 and $60mill 25-out of their deal which is what has been suggested the telstra component is. I’ve added radio rights to afl value as we include them in the nine sale. Comparing apples with apples.

$70-100mill covid reductions not recouped

2023 $402v433
2024 $402v433
2025 $402 v593
2026 $402v593
2027 $402v593

nrl doesn’t announce a $400mill media deal if they got $420mill lol. That’s some serious clutching at straws!

He really has no idea

Has no link to the Fox part of the NRL, Hell the fool can't even state if the $20m Fox are paying for Dolphins is part of the $402m figure he keeps sprouting

PVL said bad words about Perth and he loves AFL hence the sky is falling in attitude
V'landys hid the PTV component.

Why would a blowhard like V'landys hide something so important?

It must have been a really poor deal.

Iamback

Coach
V'landys hid the PTV component.

Why would a blowhard like V'landys hide something so important?

It must have been a really poor deal.

You realise AFL hasn't said their breakdown either?

Take the Telstra share for example. The old deal was $50m a year
The new deal contains upgrades to Marvel Stadium also...Likely Contra arrangement but the amount is unknown.

Hell even Ch7 only reported an increase of 15%. If you didn't know their current figure you wouldn't know this next one

Wb1234

Referee
He really has no idea

PVL said bad words about Perth and he loves AFL hence the sky is falling in attitude
Wish I could like this post more than once

excellent

Wb1234

Referee
You realise AFL hasn't said their breakdown either?

Take the Telstra share for example. The old deal was $50m a year
The new deal contains upgrades to Marvel Stadium also...Likely Contra arrangement but the amount is unknown.

Hell even Ch7 only reported an increase of 15%. If you didn't know their current figure you wouldn't know this next one
It’s one billion coming from Telstra

or around 120 million pa

rofl

Wb1234

Referee
The article was posted on this thread the day the afl made their tv announcement

news ltd (who would know how much they paid) quoted 3.5 billion over 7 years for fox and seven together

the remainder is the Telstra bs

Colk

First Grade
The article was posted on this thread the day the afl made their tv announcement

news ltd (who would know how much they paid) quoted 3.5 billion over 7 years for fox and seven together

the remainder is the Telstra bs

Was it pre or post the announcement? If it is pre you wouldn’t take any notice of it.

Colk

First Grade
The day of the announcement

it was them saying they had retained the rights

What I’m saying is was it before the actual press conference/announcement or after the press conference/announcement. If it is prior, journalists can get leaked incorrect information.

Wb1234

Referee
What I’m saying is was it before the actual press conference/announcement or after the press conference/announcement. If it is prior, journalists can get leaked incorrect information.
News ltd know how much they paid for the rights lmao

Colk

First Grade
News ltd know how much they paid for the rights lmao

I have family who are journalists so I’m quite aware what happens. Journalists get fed information from sources - sometimes this information is correct, sometimes it is totally incorrect or sometimes it is only partially true. News Ltd journalist/s aren’t sitting there in the middle of the negotiation room are they?

What has likely happened is the journalist has created a draft of the story which wasn’t to be published but erroneously put online and then once it was published had to take it offline. Essentially the journalist or editors have f***** up.

Wb1234

Referee
I have family who are journalists so I’m quite aware what happens. Journalists get fed information from sources - sometimes this information is correct, sometimes it is totally incorrect or sometimes it is only partially true. News Ltd journalist/s aren’t sitting there in the middle of the negotiation room are they?

What has likely happened is the journalist has created a draft of the story which wasn’t to be published but erroneously put online and then once it was published had to take it offline. Essentially the journalist or editors have f***** up.
So a news ltd journo wouldn’t know how much they paid

cmon lol

mozza91

Coach
Tv rights thread, if I wanted to talk about the horrible racist problems their sport has I’d go to the fight club were it belongs, so let’s get back to tv deals.
Weird though. If there was a Rugby League racism scandal you’d be commenting on the lack of response from the NRL within minutes?

Call me crazy but It’s almost as if you’re an AFL fan trolling a Rugby League site.

Latest posts