What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PF Sat - Penrith 32-12 South Sydney @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Racial stereotyping is not racist. Ok
Look. I think that Latrell didn’t do enough yesterday to help his team.

So let’s consider for one moment that part of that view comes from a deep seated racial prejudice (albeit I didn’t know until reading your above link that laziness was an IA stereotype).

So I am willing to consider that I am wrong. Help me then understand why my analysis of Latrell’s individual performance on Saturday night was wrong and was indeed industrious?

Pippen, you are 12.

If Latrell was caucasian he'd still be a lazy flog. Please settle down.
It’s not just laziness, he smashed poor Manus face in.

Whereas Dane Laurie, who is also indigenous is always as busy as a bee and plays clean, except for the odd milking.

He might only have half the power and natural talent of Latrell but he puts in twice the effort.

And unlike Latrell, he’s humble. Everyone at Wests Tigers thinks the f**king world of him.

Even the most ardent and passionate of the smuggie fans, they are pleased to see him do well at Wests Tigers and have a soft spot for him. That is a very nice gesture from them.

And no one cares what culture he is, because the life experience is that there is good and bad in all cultures.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Racial stereotyping is not racist. Ok

The moment you say that you cannot use a generic description of a universal human trait to describe one specific group, you lose all credibility.

Laziness is a trait every single human in the world exhibits. Latrell Mitchell is an often-lazy, inconsistent, mercurial and short tempered footballer. It's a generic observation you could apply to plenty of NRL players regardless of who they are or what their ethnicity is.

I had thought you were trolling but now I just think you're part of the Tumblr generation and, when you grow up, you'll eventually realise that secret discrimination does not lurk behind every word in the English language.

Pippen94

First Grade
Suck it up FFS!! Pun intended 🥸

good one
When we cluster people into groups with a variety of expected traits we are less overwhelmed by information. But negative stereotypes are more difficult to reverse, and if you haven’t been brought up in a liberal family you might have more difficulties unlearning prejudice.

Yaaaas!!!

I wish more people here understood that, but of course they're all privileged, private-school educated white people who have never had any kind of hardship or struggle in their lives and have been able to teleport to success because of their whiteness.

Sounds like you don't think racism exists. Wonder how many other's true colors get shown & like ur post?!

Pippen94

First Grade
The moment you say that you cannot use a generic description of a universal human trait to describe one specific group, you lose all credibility.

Laziness is a trait every single human in the world exhibits. Latrell Mitchell is an often-lazy, inconsistent, mercurial and short tempered footballer. It's a generic observation you could apply to plenty of NRL players regardless of who they are or what their ethnicity is.

I had thought you were trolling but now I just think you're part of the Tumblr generation and, when you grow up, you'll eventually realise that secret discrimination does not lurk behind every word in the English language.

Can't discern laziness through observation. Have to know workings of players mind. Fact fans jump straight to that conclusion & did the same about beetson, GI, Andrew walker, kurtly Beale..says it all.

Bazal

Post Whore
Can't discern laziness through observation.

Of course you can. But if that's your starting position then the discussion is completely pointless because you're coming from a place of having decided other people's motivation for them based on, among other things, your own fears, misconceptions and biases. Sound familiar?

I'd encourage you to consider the irony of claiming you can discern that others are intending to be 'racist' from a post on a forum, but then claiming that they can't discern a person is lazy from observing them?

BTW did you work out what was allegedly homophobic as you claimed before? I'm keen to know

Pippen94

First Grade
Look. I think that Latrell didn’t do enough yesterday to help his team.

So let’s consider for one moment that part of that view comes from a deep seated racial prejudice (albeit I didn’t know until reading your above link that laziness was an IA stereotype).

So I am willing to consider that I am wrong. Help me then understand why my analysis of Latrell’s individual performance on Saturday night was wrong and was indeed industrious?

Because Latrell is a highly accomplished athlete & given his notable achievements it's going too far to say in all likelihood he's more driven than anybody reading this forum today. Unless you think players get to NRL by slacking off?!

Pippen94

First Grade
Of course you can. But if that's your starting position then the discussion is completely pointless because you're coming from a place of having decided other people's motivation for them based on, among other things, your own fears, misconceptions and biases. Sound familiar?

I'd encourage you to consider the irony of claiming you can discern that others are intending to be 'racist' from a post on a forum, but then claiming that they can't discern a person is lazy from observing them?

BTW did you work out what was allegedly homophobic as you claimed before? I'm keen to know

Making presumption is different from knowing. Latrell will be at koori knockout next week while you'll be here whining

Bazal

Post Whore
Making presumption is different from knowing. Latrell will be at koori knockout next week while you'll be here whining

Play the ball, kid. Or at least be funny if you're gonna play the man.

You're making the assumption that you know, btw. But if you're not gonna answer the question then the only thing that's gonna change your mind is maturity, not a forum chat.

Pippen94

First Grade
Play the ball, kid. Or at least be funny if you're gonna play the man.

You're making the assumption that you know, btw. But if you're not gonna answer the question then the only thing that's gonna change your mind is maturity, not a forum chat.

The world didn't change its mind to think it was OK to boo Adam Goodes. A lot of ppl got educated, some didn't. Ur on the wrong side of history.

Latest posts