What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
This sounds good in theory, but doesn't always work in practice. The Manager will push for more money even if the player is under a long term contract, and the player gets the shits with being paid a lot less after a while and wants to leave. Look at the situation with Haas at the Broncos, even Ponga at Newcastle due to his contract setup.

This then causes issues with your cap management once you have to pay them more, because you have budgeted for those players for a lot less.
All you have to do is offer them a contract too good to refuse FFS!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All you have to do is offer them a contract too good to refuse FFS!
the simpsons animation GIF

Bandwagon

Staff member
If there's a decision to be made, I'd reckon he'd have made it already. Same with the club. The only thing being left 'till after the grand final is the announcement for mine.

Incorrect

Coach
If there's a decision to be made, I'd reckon he'd have made it already. Same with the club. The only thing being left 'till after the grand final is the announcement for mine.
Surely the decision is the Tigers to make, in that they need to decide whether to release him from his contract or make him see it out/sit out 3 years.... Ice can make his feelings known to the Tigers as much as he wants but he's not holding any cards here...

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t know. There’d be a degree of completion if they win or the promise of possibility if they lose

Bandwagon

Staff member
Surely the decision is the Tigers to make, in that they need to decide whether to release him from his contract or make him see it out/sit out 3 years.... Ice can make his feelings known to the Tigers as much as he wants but he's not holding any cards here...

Yeah obviously the Tigers will have to decide what they're prepared to do should Ice decide he doesn't wanna be there.

I'd imagine the club would also have to work out their position on the whole thing, 'cause if the Tigers release him from their contract, they aren't gonna do it for nothing in return, and that would likely mean there's more to the cost of keeping Ice than his renewed contract alone.

Which could be a deal breaker, cause the club would have no choice but to add that into the cost of keeping him, meaning they're likely spending more than they're prepared to spend. Unless Ice is prepared to take a further cut on his contract to stay, I can't see that working out either.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don’t know. There’d be a degree of completion if they win or the promise of possibility if they lose

That's true. There'd be all sorts of shit that plays into it. I just think it's pretty clear he's made up his mind what he wants ( which is to stay ), but maybe he hasn't settled on what he's prepared to accept either way?

I'd say he's realised he's got to go but won't say it as he'd feel a bit sheepish and is trying to pull off the 'I just wanted to concentrate on winning a title' thing.

Incorrect

Coach
That's true. There'd be all sorts of shit that plays into it. I just think it's pretty clear he's made up his mind what he wants ( which is to stay ), but maybe he hasn't settled on what he's prepared to accept either way?
He may not want to go to the Tigers, but it's also possible he doesn't necessarily want to stay with Parra. He might have other suitors such as the Warriors as was reported earlier in the year....

Bandwagon

Staff member
He may not want to go to the Tigers, but it's also possible he doesn't necessarily want to stay with Parra. He might have other suitors such as the Warriors as was reported earlier in the year....

That's also possible. But again the Tigers aint letting go for nothing, and if that's the case how much are the Warriors gonna want to spend over and above his value?

Latest posts