What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Martin is one of the most overrated players in the NRL, take him out of the Riffs system and I reckon he’d be nothing more than a good first grader.
Exactly right i wouldnt be paying 600-700k for him.

Look at backrowers who leave the storm system over the years like Adam Blair, Kevin Procter, Tohu Harris, Sika Manu all looked like superstars in a good system didnt achieve much elsewhere when they got bigger dollars.

Let a desperate club like the tigers pay for that.

Incorrect

Coach

Look at backrowers who leave the storm system over the years like Adam Blair, Kevin Procter, Tohu Harris, Sika Manu all looked like superstars in a good system didnt achieve much elsewhere when they got bigger dollars.

To be fair, I think Tohu Harris has been pretty good since leaving the Storm... It's just that he plays for a basketcase franchise and ordinary team who can't get their shit together...

Chipmunk

Coach
I think with the Panthers, the collective as a group is far greater than the sum of the individuals. I think this is supported by the fact that NSW has last 2 of the past 3 Origin series (one to the worst Qld team in history) with primarily Panthers players. Sure they have some good players, but is it very much like the Storm of the last 15 years or so, and those elite level players making some of the others look good.

I'd be be interested to see how the Panthers would fare if Cleary and Fisher-Harris missed an entire season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think with the Panthers, the collective as a group is far greater than the sum of the individuals. I think this is supported by the fact that NSW has last 2 of the past 3 Origin series (one to the worst Qld team in history) with primarily Panthers players. Sure they have some good players, but is it very much like the Storm of the last 15 years or so, and those elite level players making some of the others look good.

I'd be be interested to see how the Panthers would fare if Cleary and Fisher-Harris missed an entire season.
Also another thing that has to be included is the fact the bottom 5-6 have gotten worse.

The gulf between top 6 teams and bottom 6 teams has never been greater.

So normally you would have 12-13 competitive teams most weeks and 2-3 shocking ones.

Now you could say there are probably 5-6 basketcase teams in the comp.

Chipmunk

Coach
Also another thing that has to be included is the fact the bottom 5-6 have gotten worse.

The gulf between top 6 teams and bottom 6 teams has never been greater.

So normally you would have 12-13 competitive teams most weeks and 2-3 shocking ones.

Now you could say there are probably 5-6 basketcase teams in the comp.
Last year there was definitely 6 strong teams and 10 who were woeful. I'd say there wasn't a lot of difference between 2 to 8 this year at various stages. The Broncos were competitive at worst and Manly with Tommy Trbo are a completely different team.

I agree though, the other 6 we're a long long way from being near the Top 8 sides.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think this is supported by the fact that NSW has last 2 of the past 3 Origin series (one to the worst Qld team in history) with primarily Panthers players.
This is very poor analysis. It says more about the relative strength of the NSW and Queensland teams, plus motivation, than anything about the Panthers cohort. It’s like saying the Broncos players were overrated when NSW were belting them in Origin. It just meant NSW had better players but they were more evenly distributed throughout the clubs.

Tiger5150

Bench

Nahhh we already signed a better one for less. you might have heard of him?

Latest posts