What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
These are symptoms of our old constitution that led to endless political infighting as soon as Overton lost control. Maybe you need some way to fix yours?
So you're saying the Constitution and composition of a club's Board etc can impact how the players perform on field, to the point of being the reason for a wooden spoon... when elsewhere you claim that coaches can't / don't influence player performance in a single finals match?

Ok Forrest...
forrest GIF

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't see the fuss. He knew what was happening when he signed and should honour that. Tigers could of had a red hot crack at Fafita or Kikau. Avtualy that would be the only reason I could see them not letting Papali'i out is if they did have Fafita signed who would be an amazing purchase.
Other then that Papali'i should of thought it out better.

Tigers have some promising kids and will build a good side under Benji. He is just a winner. I see good thing in 2 or 3 years. I dont understand the hate towards this club either. I hate the Storm, Roosters,Brisbane. The big clubs who get all the favours and player discounts. Would love to see the Tigers on top again.
I think it's the opposite the Tigers dislike us.

The tigers management and club have tried to talk up the rivalry more then what we have because they don't have anyone else bar Penrith that would classify as a local derby or rival because they have no history with anyone else.

I don't find many parra fans whinge about the Tigers as they are clearly not a threat or have history with us like the Dogs, Manly and Penrith who I consider our 3 main rivals.

The thing that will benefit Parra in the long term is the tigers remaining shit for another 5-10 years as young fans are more likely not going to start following a team that has been crap for 20 years.

Parra have poached a few tigers from what they would see as controversial circumstances like Moses and Matterson which has added to there frustration but from a parra point of view we have bigger fish to fry.

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah I hate that. We should give it a name....

The Luke Keary Complex?
Papenhuisen Problem?
The Jamie Lyons effect?
James Maloney muddle?
Taufua troubles?
The Paul Gallen Complex?
The Stefano syndrome?
You forgot Addo-Carr amongst others with lesser names.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't see the fuss. He knew what was happening when he signed and should honour that. Tigers could of had a red hot crack at Fafita or Kikau. Avtualy that would be the only reason I could see them not letting Papali'i out is if they did have Fafita signed who would be an amazing purchase.

Tigers have some promising kids and will build a good side under Benji. He is just a winner. I see good thing in 2 or 3 years. I dont understand the hate towards this club either. I hate the Storm, Roosters,Brisbane. The big clubs who get all the favours and player discounts. Would love to see the Tigers on top again.

Yeah I aint got nothing against the TigPies, it's great though how their fans come into our board and hope us well.

It's also awesome how they share their love of Moses, particularly their words of support when he has a poor or indifferent game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you're saying the Constitution and composition of a club's Board etc can impact how the players perform on field, to the point of being the reason for a wooden spoon... when elsewhere you claim that coaches can't / don't influence player performance in a single finals match?

Ok Forrest...
forrest GIF
That's right. Strategic assets like boards, executives and coaches don't win matches, players do. But they all have an influence on the quality of players at a club and their cohesion and morale over the long term. Just not over 80 minutes.

T-Boon

Coach
That's right. Strategic assets like boards, executives and coaches don't win matches, players do. But they all have an influence on the quality of players at a club and their cohesion and morale over the long term. Just not over 80 minutes.
your point is right I think but you are expressing it wrong which makes it totally wrong.
You need to work on the right wording of what you are trying to say. I'll help if you like. I;ll have a thin about it. Though I am already losing intere

Tiger5150

Bench
These are symptoms of our old constitution that led to endless political infighting as soon as Overton lost control. Maybe you need some way to fix yours?

Absolutely, no doubt and I hope we are at the early stages of that happening. If/when we turn the corner I'll make sure I remember these times (as I did as a Balmain fan).

Anyway, I just dropped in for a bit of light hearted fun and dont want to stink the place up leading up to tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend guys. Look after IP for us.

Im looking forward to the weekend. A future Tiger will win a GF and either Ivan Cleary or Mitch Moses will lose one. Perfect weekend.

Enjoy guys.

Tiger5150

Bench
For your sake, I genuinely hope so.

I only suggested it because it could be disastrous having a player who doesn't really want to be there.

I have no pity for him - he made a conscious decision to sign for you guys, and he should honour that deal.

There is no arguing the logic in what you are saying, but IMO the Tigers struggle so hard with signing and recruiting that this is a bit of a line in the sand and they need to stand their ground. Player agents have been playing us for years now.

Tiger5150

Bench

Exactly correct, and on top of that we let Luciano Leilua and Luke Garner go after signing Papali'i.

Hate is strong word. Ive always disliked Parra but that is based on growing up in the Hills as a Tigers fan in the early '80s. I think most Tigers fans animosity stems from the gutless departures of Moses and Matterson and the perceived role of Parra in that.

Enjoy your weekend

Tiger5150

Bench
I think it's the opposite the Tigers dislike us.

The tigers management and club have tried to talk up the rivalry more then what we have because they don't have anyone else bar Penrith that would classify as a local derby or rival because they have no history with anyone else.

I don't find many parra fans whinge about the Tigers as they are clearly not a threat or have history with us like the Dogs, Manly and Penrith who I consider our 3 main rivals.

The thing that will benefit Parra in the long term is the tigers remaining shit for another 5-10 years as young fans are more likely not going to start following a team that has been crap for 20 years.

Parra have poached a few tigers from what they would see as controversial circumstances like Moses and Matterson which has added to there frustration but from a parra point of view we have bigger fish to fry.

As a LONG time Balmain/Tigers fan, Ive never felt a rivalry with Parra. Tigers rivalries are with Souffs and Penrith.

The only reason Eels move the needle for Tigers fans is because of Moses & Matterson. Otherwise there isnt much between Parra & Tigers.

emjaycee

Coach

Ok Forrest...
forrest GIF
When the Chairman and some his collegues on the Board are phoning the Coach at 3pm on a Tuesday and strongly suggesting who he picks and when the Board has a major say in recruitment, then I reckon they can definitely influence on-field results... but you just go ahead and be as contrary as you can muster to everything that Pou posts... it's how you roll right?

the phantom menace

First Grade
When the Chairman and some his collegues on the Board are phoning the Coach at 3pm on a Tuesday and strongly suggesting who he picks and when the Board has a major say in recruitment, then I reckon they can definitely influence on-field results...
I don't think that was ever in dispute...
but you just go ahead and be as contrary as you can muster to everything that Pou posts... it's how you roll right?
But Pou's own post was contrary to his previous dribble about a coach not having any influence on players in a finals game, so pointing that out was indeed how I rolled, on that occasion...

Delboy

First Grade
Exactly correct, and on top of that we let Luciano Leilua and Luke Garner go after signing Papali'i.

Hate is strong word. Ive always disliked Parra but that is based on growing up in the Hills as a Tigers fan in the early '80s. I think most Tigers fans animosity stems from the gutless departures of Moses and Matterson and the perceived role of Parra in that.

Enjoy your weekend
Re Moses, if you read the comments relating to his departure from the Tigpies, Ivan Cleary basically told him he wasn’t worth the offer originally made and withdrew it. Moses was gutted and has to move.

Your take on the situation seems social media driven from the Tigpies forum rather than want actually happened.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I definitely think Moses would have been the one Tigers should have kept, if they could only afford to keep one of Moses or Brooks.

#slidingdoors

T-Boon

Coach
This is the lowest key I’ve been about Parra being in a GF ever.
Due to my extreme importance at work and at home I just have not had a chance to focus on it.
That is a terrible state to be in life.

Latest posts