What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Braxton Wallace actually, no offense. This kid looks to have natural ball skills unlike our million dollar man. Unless he goes another round with Flegg he will play Ressies next season. Hope they have a good coaching system with someone to mentor Wallace.
Well that explains the Cubs wish to hold onto Hunt until this kid comes through and why they are not too worried about losing Sullivan.

possm

Coach
If I am reading correctly the piece in Tele today, Hunt has still not accepted the revised $1.8m offer. FFS man what do you want blood? You have been overpaid for five years, you have under achieved , you now have diminishing skills, reaching retirement age and still you want more.. you Scrooge.
I say let Hunt and Griffin go. Start the off-season with Sullivan and Amone in the halves and with a new coaching staff.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Part of the fan's problem is that we have absolutely no clue as to what the club is thinking and what their plans are (if they have one) for the future. I know that the fans are not in the inner sanctum, but no communication just leads to frustration and wild speculation. Something, anything, from the club would do wonders for my mental health!

BLM01

First Grade
I would have thought that a car makes stuff all difference on these massive contracts unless he gets a new one each year ? What about accommodation ? I know for sure that the Dragons paid Widdorp's rent on his 4 bedroom house near the beach , so that's worth at least 45 - 50 k a year. Would it need to be cap declared ?

Just think this money, plays where he wants and is the Boards darling can't help team harmony unless Hunt himself has endeared himself to the playing group and is a true leader that they will follow.
Not cap dec;lared if the tenant is the club
Who they choose to live in the house is their business
That is how the Jaycar club do it

say let Hunt and Griffin go. Start the off-season with Sullivan and Amone in the halves and with a new coaching staff.
Pray that is so but I dont see it. The dye is cast I'm afraid and it is all bad news. Hunt will be extended, so we lose any chance of picking up a big prop, an edge forward, may also lose Sully. With a busted salary cap, and with our has beens to continue playing Firsts, our best juniors from '22 Flegg side will have to wait possibly two years before given a top grade debut.

Can't wait for the Baggygreen Man and Mojo out thread to start when you two continuously pick Woods and McCullough.🤣
Call me Baggers. I'd never pick McCullogh in FG again. I'd have Woods as a forward skills coach to show our ball under the wing hit em up props how to safely offload in traffic. I'd show Ben Hunt how not to throw a hospital pass and I'd have Jack de Belin teach us how to tackle effectively.

Maddragon99

Juniors
If I am reading correctly the piece in Tele today, Hunt has still not accepted the revised $1.8m offer. FFS man what do you want blood? You have been overpaid for five years, you have under achieved , you now have diminishing skills, reaching retirement age and still you want more.. you Scrooge.
This has trouble written all over it, why reinvest big dollars on a ageing player? Hunt will be 34 in 2024 & not to mention it will most likely cost us Sullivan. I don’t get it. Surely that money would be better spent on a top tier prop, how much would Haas cost?

possm

Coach
Why would Craig Young want Ben Hunt in the side for 2023-2025?
Why would Craig Young want Griffin to stay for 2023?
Clue, Dean Young.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
In the SMH interesting story on Tapau and how he was twice refused a release to join the Eels. Says he is close to a deal with an NRL club for 2023. I know he has been mentioned in the past as of interest to the Dragons. Wonder if it’s us?

slippery5

Juniors
I would have thought that a car makes stuff all difference on these massive contracts unless he gets a new one each year ? What about accommodation ? I know for sure that the Dragons paid Widdorp's rent on his 4 bedroom house near the beach , so that's worth at least 45 - 50 k a year. Would it need to be cap declared ?

Just think this money, plays where he wants and is the Boards darling can't help team harmony unless Hunt himself has endeared himself to the playing group and is a true leader that they will follow.
If you are talking about the Thirroul house I'm pretty sure he owned that ?????

Latest posts