What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Noise

Coach
Apparently that’s what the lead up was on the footy show this morning, if true it’s mind boggling but unsurprising from a coach who continues to make boneheaded decisions year after year.
I did hear they had a day off on Saturday. Is this the first time all year they haven’t had a captains run the day before? Of all f**king days to change up the routine…

hindy111

Post Whore
That sounds like looooser talk. Is that the game plan that BA gave the lads in your opinion?

Watching the game it is how I took it. If we could of got the first try we stick with them longer.
But they where far far to goood

strider

Post Whore
People talked about Simmonson needing space to do something. He finally got it tonight and couldn’t convert on the biggest stage of all. Not everyone can be a superstar but he’s just a role player at best.
No one ever thought he was anything other than a role player

I think our game plan was poor. We knew they would be relentless, we should have kicked for the sidelines and merkined our way through the game. I didn't even see a shove or a squirrel grip.They had our measure and knew it. We did nothing to unsettle their rhythm apart from a dumb kick on the first play.
I didn’t see any game plan from us. But that’s probably because the panthers have a great coach with superior tactics and motivation.

Eelogical

Referee
We matched them for about 6mins and that was it. Was a boring grand final. One way traffic. We did have some bad calls but nothing was going to stop the end result. We had nothing.

Now our squad ages and good players leave. Lets hope something happening behind the scenes development wise cause I don't see us moving in the right direction
Fair assessment. What did Mik think of the game?

strider

Post Whore
I did hear they had a day off on Saturday. Is this the first time all year they haven’t had a captains run the day before? Of all f**king days to change up the routine…
It is what they have done all year when we play on sunday

Happy MEel

First Grade
How do we get them off their gameplan? ... their gameplan is belt the f**k out of the other team in defense and dominate. First man in smashes and 2 more pile. They win by strength and fitness.
If it’s first man in you shift two out. You still need to find your front and get over the advantage line, but you need to minimise their dominance around the ruck.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Maybe we should opt for a new 5/8th that is world class (Munster) and let one of our halves leave.

Halves aren't our problem, and replacing one with another that costs more will make whatever our problem is worse.

What we need, as others have said is the likes of To'o to get our sets going.

For what it's worth I reckon Moses' boot coming off a shit set of go forward is the best in the game, problem is we need it to be.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Halves aren't our problem, and replacing one with another that costs more will make whatever our problem is worse.

What we need, as others have said is the likes of To'o to get our sets going.

For what it's worth I reckon Moses' boot coming off a shit set of go forward is the best in the game, problem is we need it to be.
I think Avy first suggested getting To'o as well. I reckon that was a better call than Cam "Rocks and Diamonds" Munster...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not sure what was worse the 01 first half or tonight.

The game turned when we did that stupid kick on 1st tackle in the 8th min after our 1st penalty when it was 0-0.

After that we didn't recover.

Would we have won probably not but that trick shot simply was utter stupidity as we didn't have any ball inside our half for basically the next 25-30 mins and game was done and dusted.

strider

Post Whore
If it’s first man in you shift two out. You still need to find your front and get over the advantage line, but you need to minimise their dominance around the ruck.
Wwll yeah i think thats how we won the first game against them this year .... but i still dont think its that easy.

Penrith only lost games this year when they were off their game. No one really beat em. They beat themselves. They are head, shoulders and f**kin torso above the rest atm

Noise

Coach
Not sure what was worse the 01 first half or tonight.

The game turned when we did that stupid kick on 1st tackle in the 8th min after our 1st penalty when it was 0-0.

After that we didn't recover.

Would we have won probably not but that trick shot simply was utter stupidity as we didn't have any ball inside our half for basically the next 25-30 mins and game was done and dusted.
That kick was f**king stupidity. We tried to back our defence off it but then they marched downfield and we ended up getting the ball back in our own 10m. We didn’t get an attacking set after that for an eternity.

Latest posts