What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

King-Gutho94

Coach
No way we beat Penrith at their best in a grind. We have to take risks. Hard to do that when you can't rely on your defence.
Yeah probably not the grind but the kick wasn't the play at nil all.

We had pissed away our first crack at the try line with that play.

We didn't see the ball past halfway until 2 mins before HT.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True but do you reckon it was the play at the time.

We needed the grind to beat the Panthers we needed to take it as deep as possible.

Not give away cheap possession with good field position to attack from which we didn't get for another 25-30 mins.
They should've known that if they kicked they wouldn't get any ball for 25 minutes. You merkins all knew it would happen. How didn't the players know ffs?!?

Eelogical

Referee
His problem is he's a nice guy. You can't win being a nice guy in NRL.

Luai kicked Papalii on the ground in plain view. How much more grubby can you get? Totally let go.

After this week, I know a lot of BA and I respect him but until him or someone at the club makes us grubs, we won't win it.
Is coach Cleary an arsehole? He's not in the Bellyache category for mine.

King-Gutho94

Coach
They should've known that if they kicked they wouldn't get any ball for 25 minutes. You merkins all knew it would happen. How didn't the players know ffs?!?
How about you shut your trap and let the true fans who pay there hard earned money to attend a GF vent for 24 hours.

Where the f... have you been in the past week anyway.

You haven't been spotted on here all GF week because we have been praising the club all week on the achievement of making the GF.

Now we lose you come out woodwork and want to get on your high horse and smack everyone down who lets off a bit of steam.

Go to bed and come back next week once we get over venting over another GF loss with solutions for 2023.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We used to dominate the junior leagues back in the day as well. It didn’t do us much good.
We only ever dominated Harold Matts, the least relevant junior grade. It's the only one Penrith didn't win this year. The Roosters have never won it, but they have won SG Ball as many times as we have in the NRL era. They've also won Flegg/NYC four times since our last win in 1990.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Beat a Storm team with prime Slater, Cronk and Smith.
The Storm have had plenty of off nights at finals time. They lost a grand final 40-0 ffs. Some teams are lucky enough to get them on an off night and Cleary's Warriors were one of them. One game doesn't prove anything.

JokerEel

First Grade
I think we are going to be stuck with Arthur and his son for another 5 years. I can’t see winning anything with him. He was out coached. Not to mention the players leaving.

I think the club will keep in till the end of his contract or in 24 he moves to a development role at the club.

He has had a go made a GF, it's time to move on.

Snoochies

First Grade
I love BA. He has done a great job with the team but I can't see us going the distance with him. Tonight wasn't his fault but there was a clear difference between the 2 sides and one was better prepared.
I think BA has built a squad and structure to as far as he can go. We need a team who can beat the bottom placed teams and play to our strengths every game. I've had a few and am rambling and heartbroken yet again.
I just was to win a GF!

crocodile

Bench
People talked about Simmonson needing space to do something. He finally got it tonight and couldn’t convert on the biggest stage of all. Not everyone can be a superstar but he’s just a role player at best.
Unfortunately, not much support play around so he ended up a sitting duck.

lucablight

First Grade
We only ever dominated Harold Matts, the least relevant junior grade. It's the only one Penrith didn't win this year. The Roosters have never won it, but they have won SG Ball as many times as we have in the NRL era. They've also won Flegg/NYC four times since our last win in 1990.
We won the premier league competition from 2005-2008 for four years in a row. What would you say is the most significant lower grade competition to indicate future success? Even the Tigers have won more U20s comps than us (although we did make a grand final in 2017 where Dylan Brown, Ray Stone, Reed Mahoney and Kafusi played).

lucablight

First Grade
The Storm have had plenty of off nights at finals time. They lost a grand final 40-0 ffs. Some teams are lucky enough to get them on an off night and Cleary's Warriors were one of them. One game doesn't prove anything.
There was no Cameron Smith in that game and Melbourne were banged up after expending so much energy to get there.

the phantom menace

First Grade
How about you shut your trap and let the true fans who pay there hard earned money to attend a GF vent for 24 hours.

Where the f... have you been in the past week anyway.

You haven't been spotted on here all GF week because we have been praising the club all week on the achievement of making the GF.

Now we lose you come out woodwork and want to get on your high horse and smack everyone down who lets off a bit of steam.

Go to bed and come back next week once we get over venting over another GF loss with solutions for 2023.
😍

Latest posts