What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Oh I have no doubt we will get more out of him than the tigers, just not sure that will be enough to get him back into grade. From Peacheys perspective you have to ask why would he take a paycut to come here? He isnt getting an extension so why take less for the same length of deal? I think he is hoping he can turn things around and get himself another year or two with some club. If that is the case he must be prepared to work hard.

Same reason Garner is, long term it is better to getting more on your next deal

betcats

Referee
Anyway he really isnt going to be needed baring a horrible injury toll. We have had Salmon on the bench all year but with Garner in the side Ivan might not feel the need for a utility. I think our most likely bench next year will be Luke and 3 forwards. Also Salmon was talking to a reporter after the GF about next year as if he is going to be here so I dont see Peach jumping him for the utility role either.

Iamback

Coach
Anyway he really isnt going to be needed baring a horrible injury toll. We have had Salmon on the bench all year but with Garner in the side Ivan might not feel the need for a utility. I think our most likely bench next year will be Luke and 3 forwards. Also Salmon was talking to a reporter after the GF about next year as if he is going to be here so I dont see Peach jumping him for the utility role either.

Jack Cole too maybe Puru becomes an option too, We are better served then this time last year

Sime_11

Juniors
1 year deal no risk - peach will find real accountability again since leaving Penrith and will either prove himself or will be lucky to play NSW cup.

Staines is taking too much cap up and we have better options to replace TayMay which suit our style of football.

soc123_au

Staff member
Oh I have no doubt we will get more out of him than the tigers, just not sure that will be enough to get him back into grade. From Peacheys perspective you have to ask why would he take a paycut to come here? He isnt getting an extension so why take less for the same length of deal? I think he is hoping he can turn things around and get himself another year or two with some club. If that is the case he must be prepared to work hard.
I’d say this is it. I guess he figures he can get whatever potential he has left to come out in our system. If he can get fit and learn to not be a weak link in the defensive structure he could play a handy role off the bench. If not and we just save the cap space it’s a decent move.
We need to do what we can to keep the off contract guys. Watching Critta in the gf makes me really want to keep him. His work off the ball is under rated.

Iamback

Coach
I’d say this is it. I guess he figures he can get whatever potential he has left to come out in our system. If he can get fit and learn to not be a weak link in the defensive structure he could play a handy role off the bench. If not and we just save the cap space it’s a decent move.
We need to do what we can to keep the off contract guys. Watching Critta in the gf makes me really want to keep him. His work off the ball is under rated.

I have said all year, I don't see why Critta gets all the hate. Numbers stack up and rarely plays a bad game

betcats

Referee

Definitely want to keep critta if we can swing it. He’s got a long way to go before he hits his ceiling despite getting better each year with us. For me though priority of the four guys we have going to market is Spencer, biz, critta then Martin. Spencer had such a strong finish to the season he is really starting to live up to his potential, if he keeps improving on that he is going to be incredible and I think having a strong middle rotation is one of if not the most important parts of being a great team.

mxlegend99

Referee
Salmon has verbally agreed to a contract with us for next year. Not signed yet.
Does this change our mind on Peachey?

Letting Staines go for extra cap space is fine and makes sense. It's wasting a spot on Peachey who just doesn't fit into the culture we built that worries me.

Not sure how we save money by taking him for Staines. Surely we save more by just getting rid of Staines, not getting Pea hey and keeping what we have?

Unless we're able to somehow sign Peachey below minimum wage or have him on our cap for below minimum wage ,(ie. Tigers paying him. $150k. We pay him $50k)

But I highly doubt we've managed that or that the NRL would allow it. If so then the deal finally makes sense.

Iamback

Coach
Does this change our mind on Peachey?

Letting Staines go for extra cap space is fine and makes sense. It's wasting a spot on Peachey who just doesn't fit into the culture we built that worries me.

Not sure how we save money by taking him for Staines. Surely we save more by just getting rid of Staines, not getting Pea hey and keeping what we have?

Unless we're able to somehow sign Peachey below minimum wage or have him on our cap for below minimum wage ,(ie. Tigers paying him. $150k. We pay him $50k)

But I highly doubt we've managed that or that the NRL would allow it. If so then the deal finally makes sense.

I heard Staines is on $350k
Peachey we have on $200k hence the savings mentioned

Salmon still on minimum wage
Jenkins and Turuva minimum wage to cover Staines

Offer to To'o is $600k.
Club is on the fence about keeping Martin because plodders can do a job for cheaper and use the $550k elsewhere.

How much of it is true, Time will tell