What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Ben, time to sign the contract

Thinking tomorrow is D Day for Hunt .
The squad for the World Cup i believe fly out on Thursday , so any decision on his future would have to be made prior..
You dont want this dragging on . If there is no confirmation by mid night tomorrow i would be withdrawing the offer
Time to move on and pin our hopes on our youngsters who have been banging down the door for some time
Yep.
Over the years the club has cut good clubmen and premiership winners like Robert Stone, John Chapman, Graeme Wynn etc when they thought it was time.
Surely now they can stand up to a player who is neither.

possm

Coach
And further ....you've been handsomely paid by the club during your time with us, at times more than the role warranted imo.... its now time to accept whatever the offer is, move into the hooking role (a position that we wont have to fork out money for) and lets concentrate on retaining and developing positions in the side ....no one has questioned your contribution and effort on most occassions but its time to settle the issue or move on
We have had a minor clean-out at the club now and so, in my opinion we have enough cap space (providing Hunt signs elsewhere) to recruit some forward poser for next season:
Fifita
Robson
A good first-grade prop

That is all we need to field a competitive forward pack.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Were any forum members at last nights Presentation Night ?
BH as expected scooped , player of the year award and kudos to him
Thinking wouldn't it have been a perfect platform to announce Hunts much discussed contract extension if he was 100% committed to the Club and its future ??? but alas No
So what do we gleam from this ?
Is this now all about the Dollar ?
Is BH dictating to the Club endeavouring to squeeze every last dollar out of the Club after previously declaring he would take a pay cut to stay ?
Either way the Club will lose out...short term
1 ...We keep Hunt on mega dollars but then cant afford to buy and strengthen our forward line up
2 ...We move him on now and pin faith in our junior stocks Sullivan , Amone etc etc ..in short term , we will have to be prepared to struggle but long term the future appears brighter
I say we go with the latter
Thanks BH ...Time to move on

Illusion

Bench
Were any forum members at last nights Presentation Night ?
BH as expected scooped , player of the year award and kudos to him
Thinking wouldn't it have been a perfect platform to announce Hunts much discussed contract extension if he was 100% committed to the Club and its future ??? but alas No
So what do we gleam from this ?
Is this now all about the Dollar ?
Is BH dictating to the Club endeavouring to squeeze every last dollar out of the Club after previously declaring he would take a pay cut to stay ?
Either way the Club will lose out...short term
1 ...We keep Hunt on mega dollars but then cant afford to buy and strengthen our forward line up
2 ...We move him on now and pin faith in our junior stocks Sullivan , Amone etc etc ..in short term , we will have to be prepared to struggle but long term the future appears brighter
I say we go with the latter
Thanks BH ...Time to move on
See you later Benny , and take your mate Hook with you ......

dungay dragon

Juniors
We glean nothing from it. It's an awards night and not the time or place to discuss contract signings.
BS....When you are the Premiere player in the Club and the Marquee signing ,,it is the perfect place
Your not discussing contracts,,you are Confirming it !!!!!!
It would give to the BH believers a tremendous lift and positivity towards 2023
To those who dont want him there , it just fuels the fire

True_Believer

Juniors
BS....When you are the Premiere player in the Club and the Marquee signing ,,it is the perfect place
Your not discussing contracts,,you are Confirming it !!!!!!
It would give to the BH believers a tremendous lift and positivity towards 2023
To those who dont want him there , it just fuels the fire
Really? Not sure I've seen any awards night where contract extensions have been announced.

But of course this is the dragons forum and the fans know better.

Illusion

Bench
2 year extension for Hunt ...... wonder what conditions were in his contract , and how much .....