What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC (C) Wk1 - NZL 34-12 LBN @ Warrington

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
New Zealand v Lebanon
Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington
Group C - Week 1

TimezoneTimeDayBroadcaster
BST (UK, local)7:30pmSun 16 OctBBC, OuRLeague
EEST (Beirut)9:30pmSun 16 OctTBC
AEST (QLD)4:30amMon 17 OctFox/Kayo
AEDT (NSW/VIC)5:30amMon 17 OctFox/Kayo

NZLM2022TEAM.png

1. Joseph Manu 2. Ronaldo Mulitalo 21. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 4. Peta Hiku 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Dylan Brown 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange 14. Kieran Foran 15. Moses Leota 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Briton Nikora
Reserves 19. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Marata Niukore

LEBM2022TEAM.png

1. Jacob Kiraz 2. Josh Mansour 4. Brandon Morkos 5. Abbas Miski 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Kayne Kalache 9. Mikey Tannous 10. Hanna El-nachar 11. Elie El Zakhem 12. Charbel Tasipale 13. James Roumanos 14. Anthony Layoun 15. Andrew Kazzi 16. Reece Robinson 17. Jalal Bazzaz 19. Khalil Rahme 20. Jaxson Rahme 21. Josh Maree

Match Officials
Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Tom Grant, Dean Bowmer
Video Referee: Liam Moore

Head to head
1 match
New Zealand 1, Lebanon 0

Last met
2000 RLWC Pool Match - Gloucester
New Zealand 64 def Lebanon 0

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Lol.....a wests tigers fix up........he just binned farah(trainer) and douhei at the same time. The ref looked pretty pissed with them.
Lebanon played well for the first 50 minutes....lost the plot since. Joey Manu is one hell of a player though.

Wizardman

First Grade
In defence of Atkins, if Douhie used the term "cheat" which I tend to think he probably used, that is grounds to be sent off. Refs do send players off for using that term.

Grapple

Bench
I bloody love Joey Manu. What a freaking stud getting in on the play the balls and speeding up the ruck. A true talent.

Also, love the goal kicking from Rapana. Every kick seemed like he had the world on his shoulders - gotta love that.

Matua

Bench
Well, that was an average performance, but I think it might help focus us considering the stupidity of the draw in this idiotically organised competition.

I don't think romps will help us leading into the finals. Despite that I hope we tear at least one of these pool teams to shreds.

aqua_duck

Coach
I thought NZ were pretty good, getting Hughes back will be huge as Foran whilst steady doesn't offer a running threat which I think is vital with the way they play (lots of 2nd phase, quick PTBs, etc). Thought CNK really struggled in the centres, ran the wrong line on multiple occasions which resulted in him been pinged for obstruction on 3 separate occasions. Only changes I'd make are Kris for CNK, Hughes for Foran and maybe Leota for Niukore

Manu played very well and is talented, but FMD the people who write the game summaries on the Fox Sports website are sensationalist trash. Yet again saying after Manu's performance that the Roosters have a "dilemma" in keeping Tedesco, Manu and Suaalii happy as only one of them can play fullback for the Roosters in 2023. I'll bet they are all losing sleep over it :rolleyes:

Latest posts