What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des looking shaky at Manly

Wizardman

First Grade
There are certain people you will meet in life that ALWAYS get a good gig regardless of their performance on the job. Barrett is one such man. I get the feeling Siebold is too.

Colk

First Grade
There are certain people you will meet in life that ALWAYS get a good gig regardless of their performance on the job. Barrett is one such man. I get the feeling Siebold is too.

It’s called being able to talk your way into things. Although Barrett might have used good looks (he is a mimbo of course) which is the other way.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I just can't fathom how ackub can be so dumb as to employ seibold in any position let alone as coach

Colk

First Grade
I don't think seibold had a choice.

His brand is mud after his time at Brisbane.

His only hope was a desperate club like Manly offering a lifeline.

No stable club would have gone near him.

That’s fair enough. If he got a assistant job he might have got back in but he would have been waiting for a while

Seibs goose was cooked before he landed in Sunny Brisbane.

All the kevvie followers undermined him, lazy senior players, Bennet gate, no one bought in.

He had revitalised a flaccid South Sydney, a small miracle.

It will be interesting to see what he can do at Manly now Des is goneski.

And Des won’t spend too long without a gig. Too powerful, he’s just what the Tigers need.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I see this in my industry (education) all the time. There are certain people who know are deeply lacking at the job, but talk the talk in interviews and are somehow able to convince people they're worth a shit. They go from job to job, exposed but still able to spin their way in somewhere else.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Seibs goose was cooked before he landed in Sunny Brisbane.

All the kevvie followers undermined him, lazy senior players, Bennet gate, no one bought in.

He had revitalised a flaccid South Sydney, a small miracle.

It will be interesting to see what he can do at Manly now Des is goneski.

And Des won’t spend too long without a gig. Too powerful, he’s just what the Tigers need.
He revitalised nothing. Just stabbed Maguirein the back and kept a pre existing team rolling.
He did not need anyone to shaft him at the broncos. The guy is an incompetent and nothing else

Munky

Coach
He revitalised nothing. Just stabbed Maguirein the back and kept a pre existing team rolling.
He did not need anyone to shaft him at the broncos. The guy is an incompetent and nothing else

Incompetent?

He's responsible for the only addition to Brisbane's trophy cabinet in the last fifteen years.

Bennett, Henjak, Hook and Kevvie have nothing to show for the rest of the decade and a half in charge.

Wizardman

First Grade
I see this in my industry (education) all the time. There are certain people who know are deeply lacking at the job, but talk the talk in interviews and are somehow able to convince people they're worth a shit. They go from job to job, exposed but still able to spin their way in somewhere else.
I absolutely see this as well. It is why Im seriously looking at training options to get out of that sector of employment. One of the reasons anyway :)

Latest posts